This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By shodanmark
Well it's been a very long time since I posted anything here, so here goes!

I've recently finished my Keymaster costume which I'll be wearing at Collectormania Milton Keynes. Hope to get some great pics with Peck!

First off I managed to score a "stars" pattern collander on eBay cheap.

Then there was the task of removing the handles and feet, then cleaning the sucker.

I then started to add resistors and the chin strap... another ebay score. I changed the actual strap part for some elastic after this was taken.

Finding the right shirt is close to impossible. Weeks of constant searching and didn't find anything close. In the end I found this blue striped shirt which will have to do.

A teaser of the WIP head gear with the shirt and mustard top.

Finished head gear. There's hardly any decent reference for all angles as to where everything goes so I had to just go with what I thought would work.

And now for the finished costume! I stuck some foam padding on the inside and am also wearing a wig:

Front:

Back:

Hope you all like it! Not many Keymaster costumes out there.

Wait for sign and our prisoners will be released!!!
jackdoud, Alex Newborn, Sutton621 and 7 others liked this
By 910dohead
Are you joking with the shirt? That's a very close match to what Moranis wore. The shirt he wore did have the same stripes but they were spaced farther apart compared to the one you found. It's a very close and impressive match! Your Vinz get-up looks great!
By n0c00lgamertag
Awesome job for sure!
By Alex Newborn
Beautiful!

Makes me want to get off my lazy butt and finish my colander build.

Haven't even given any thought to the costume from the neck down, great job on the entire ensemble.

Alex
By kurisu7885
I was imagining some kind of terror dog costume, but this is a very pleasant surprise. Moranis would be proud.
By Kingpin
Awesome work Mark, gives us a bit more variety at events (not that your Ghostbusters outfit is anything to be ashamed of). :)
By redfive1973
Awesome job.
By evallded
The best costumes are always the ones where the person fits the costume with their look. And this my friend is impressive. I had to look twice to see that it was you and not Ric Moranis.
By EctoFuzzy
do you know what the diameter of the colander is? i'm trying to find one off ebay myself.

also, what's the best type of chin strap to use? i've been seeing endless pages for football straps, but nothing that will match up to what Vinz had.
By EctoFuzzy
I appreciate that. Wasn't sure which one to look for. In hearing that elastic may need to be added can the strap be removed from the chin cup? I have extra hockey chinstraps that are much longer.
By pyhasanon
Nope, but it's similar... ;)

Mine is a standard Chinese stamp that basically translates into my last name... so they're not hard to find, but it definitely makes each one one-of-a-kind...
By EctoFuzzy
did you just use nylon bushings from the hardware store? i'm having trouble finding bushings in the proper length/width.
By Deciusx
upon first glance, i thought some of the pics were behind the scenes from the movie! greaat job!

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]