This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
About a year ago I put together a uniform based on the Fright Features Janine action figure complete with ghost grabber, you can find a link below.

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 4&t=34507f

I've been wanting to add lights to the grabber for a while so I went ahead and ordered the GBFans Pack Light Kit a few weeks ago. I had originally planned on leaving it alone after installing the lights but after talking to GB Forum member Rays_Occult I was inspired to build a portable containment unit to connect to the grabber as well. Thanks for the idea dude!

For those of you who don't feel like scrolling through my rambling post, here's a fun link to a video of the newly installed grabber lights.

Picked up this green ammo box at the local Army Navy store. Gave it a good sanding after my cat was done making out with it.

I coated the whole thing with this

This is how she stands as of now

So moving forward I plan on adding white pin striping to the unit as well as some decals and silver coiled pipes/ other tubing to top it off. I'm going to run a 3/4 " loom out of the unit to connect the box to the grabber also.

Speaking of the grabber, I whittled down the nubs that had been stubbornly sticking out with an exacto and gave the whole thing a fresh coat of yellow.

Next I carved out a rectangle from the neck of the grabber for the power cell lense.

After a little cajoling I was able to secure the lense in pretty snug.

Securing the ribbon cable.

This as good as it's gonna get for now.

Check out the video at the top for an exciting light show. Much more to come, super stoked.
Last edited by Lady Hatred on June 24th, 2014, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YHSCraig, rays_occult liked this
Thanks Phil!

Dave, I'll be excited when I get some dry ice home to run some smoke tests. I wish I was an engineering genius and could build myself an e-cig trigger to place inside the unit, but I'm researching my options.

GohstTarp, I'm thinking at least 2 very small ghosts.

I found a gauge in my car that I think I'll use on the unit. Also we had a spare resin vac line lying around that I am attaching to the side of the box to run the splitless loom through.

rays_occult, YHSCraig liked this
Not yet. I'm going to have to see how much space is left after the dry ice mechanism is installed. I'd love to do it and we have a spair 4" speaker, it's just a matter of space and spare cash at this point.
Hey guys just a quick update, I got my Venkman Style Trap Holster from Franchesky in the mail today and just attached the v-hook to the grabber. I angled the v-hook so that the grabber extends behind my leg. Great work and fast shipping from Franchesky.

Quick update ya'll. I had the day off and did a whole bunch of stuff to the Portable Containment Unit yesterday.

Picked up some white automotive pinstriping as well as these black knobs from Radio Shack.

I decided to apply the pinstriping in a double piping pattern rather than a square because honestly it looked less cluttered.

Next came the world's longest drilling process.

Craig used the aluminum pack labels from DD74 on his pack which included this extra aluminum trap label, and I totally stole it.

Added this red brass pipe faucet for shits and gigs.

In an attempt to cover the excess hot glue here I'm planning on brushing some bubblegum pink nailpolish to resemble ectoplasmic residue.

I raided Craig's stash of spare pack stuff and got my hands on these labels.

This is where she stands as of now.

And here's a spooky fun shot of the fog test I ran with a little bit of dry ice!

I'd really love to locate some small square red, yellow, and green lenses to replicate the original unit too. The 3/4" splitless loom arrived this afternoon and I'm looking forward to connecting the two pieces and filming a quick dry ice test.
rays_occult, YHSCraig liked this
    Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?