This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
The error box is pretty straightforward.

You glue the graphic onto the box, glue on a silicone frame, and then add some wires and stick it on the nixie shelf.

I had seen a build on the forums with an LED inside of the box and I liked that idea. Doug mentioned in his instructions that the movie had 3 neon lights in the box. I decided to make a 3 LED array to backlight the box.

Using some very small LEDs and board headers, I made this 3 color array.

This picture doesn't explain or help to explain anything. I just thought the array looked like a chicken or turkey and it amused me.

I placed my little turkey in the error box and aligned it.

And then I sealed it into place with epoxy.

As I have often found in this build, this was not the wisest move. I think I bumped the array while I was working, before the epoxy set. The LEDs ended up misaligned and look strange in the box. I also found that even the black bits of the film are slightly see through and that the intensity of the LEDs really washes out the graphics. I also ran out of the type of wire that was in the kit and had to use thicker silicon insulated wire to attach it to the board. To hide my shame, I installed an interrupt circuit and micro switch to the error box array. Maybe I can sweet talk Doug into selling me a new error box kit. :(

That about wraps up the build. I cleaned up the circuits in the back, sealed off the power circuits and covered the back in electrical tape. After attaching the daughter board to the mainboard, I passed the USB cable thru the shaver cord. A 3ft USB cable is just fine here. I can comfortably have the USB power supply in my pocket and the daughter board attached to the belt and happily power my Gizmo. Now I just have to hit the hardware stores tomorrow to try and find a holster big enough for it.

Here is the light bank in its full glory.

By Shwalamazula
It turned out nice. The cable from the daughter board to the Gizmo broke away with all the bumping of humans at parties. I ended up using Velcro to hold it on till I find a more permanent option. The Velcro works well and allows for breakaway without it looking too out of place.

I bumped into a door as well and the flexing of the outer walls of the Gizmo pouch made the 2 outside black ICs pop off. I'll have to reattach those as well. All in all, it worked well and with the power supply hooked up to my 15Ah Anker I was able to squeeze over 20 hours of operation without a single recharge. You can easily use a small USB power source the size of a keyring Mace sprayer for about 6-8 hours of constant use.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]