This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
Now you will remember to make this all fit in a truck so you can ship it over to Europe, right? I think this would go down rather well at a major kermis like Tilburg. ;)
djBC liked this
Smeghead wrote:Now you will remember to make this all fit in a truck so you can ship it over to Europe, right? I think this would go down rather well at a major kermis like Tilburg. ;)
Nah nah- ATLANTA~! It needs to come to PKE Surge 2017 at Dragon Con!
djBC wrote:
Smeghead wrote:Now you will remember to make this all fit in a truck so you can ship it over to Europe, right? I think this would go down rather well at a major kermis like Tilburg. ;)
Nah nah- ATLANTA~! It needs to come to PKE Surge 2017 at Dragon Con!
I tend to think it would be possible to fit it all into a U-haul, and ATL is only a 14hr drive, so it's not entirely out of the question if I can find a host. On the bright side there, the whole ride will fit into a 20'x25' footprint, so it shouldn't be hard.

I'll put a pin in that idea, but that could be fun...

:crunch:
Smeghead, djBC liked this
At our local county fair, there were 3 signs that the universe was telling me I was making the right decision by making a Ghostbusters-themed dark ride.. Here's what I saw when going through one of their Dark Rides:

SIGN #1 - When loading, this sign hung ominously to the right of the car...

SIGN #2 - Upon making the first turn, and as you are about the enter the ride, this logo was painted on the first set of double-doors....

SIGN #3 - While waiting to start the ride, the Ghostbusters theme song started playing on the speakers...

Haven't made a lot of progress on the ride over the summer since the weather has been so nice, but I'm about to kick it back into high gear...
wudden wrote:At our local county fair, there were 3 signs that the universe was telling me I was making the right decision by making a Ghostbusters-themed dark ride.. Here's what I saw when going through one of their Dark Rides:

SIGN #1 - When loading, this sign hung ominously to the right of the car...

SIGN #2 - Upon making the first turn, and as you are about the enter the ride, this logo was painted on the first set of double-doors....

SIGN #3 - While waiting to start the ride, the Ghostbusters theme song started playing on the speakers...

Haven't made a lot of progress on the ride over the summer since the weather has been so nice, but I'm about to kick it back into high gear...
It's a sign! :vinzclortho:

Please keep us updated on this build and I will follow this thread to see any future, progress. :cool:
Great update! Can't wait to see this thing in action! :)
That's awesome. I love the blue strobes and the siren. Very well-done!

The music too!! Man, I wish I lived close by. Do you think you'll have it done by this Halloween?
gamera1968 wrote:Do you think you'll have it done by this Halloween?
Unfortunately, no. At the pace I'm moving, I will likely be working on this for another 2 years.

It took me 1 year to design the ride system, prototype the car, build a test track and then build the actual car.

- Year 2 will likely focus on the ride automation, remainder of track, and walls/decor.
- Year 3 will likely focus on the "Ghostbusting" elements... Laser guns, prop triggers, ghosts, etc.

I'd really like to get all of that accomplished in the next year, but I'm trying to be realistic. This has NOT been easy. But everything so far is extremely well thought out, tested, and of the highest possible (yet still amateur) quality.
Wow...this is just so awesome. Serious work has gone into this, I can only begin to imagine how much...very well done and I'll continue to watch this thread with great interest... :crunch:
OK, I see. Thanks for the reply. I had no idea this took so long to get to this point.

Looking forward to more progress and I see that you also post on Halloween Forum, too. :)
(My user name is The Real Joker, there)
Thanks for the kind words. I'm at a point now where I have an 8-turn test track setup in my basement, which will serve as my workshop for the forseeable future. For reference, the final ride will be 12 total turns, and have about triple the amount of track you see here. Sadly, I have to add extra support to each track section, since the wood was starting to curl. Once I get the track finished, and can get the car powered by the rail, I want to start working on some of the ghosts.

I picked up a copy of the Ghostbusters Ultimate Visual History, and can't begin to say how inspired I am by the detail provided with some of the ghosts. I hope my 86 year old Grandmother let's me make lifecasts of her arms, so I can replicate The Grey Lady. Heh.

Looking good there. I think the "Visual History" book should be a valuable source of information in helping you plan this out. :)
This looks awesome! I've always wanted to build a Ghostbusters ride, but I'm not confident enough with the electronics.
Is this a mobile ride or a fixed ride?

If you'd like any ideas, I've got some scary ones that would be perfect for a Ghostbusters train.
Wish I could help physically by building props and ghosts, but I live too far away :(

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]