This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By WV Buster
I'm kicking around the idea of building the GB2 NES Advantage controller. The place that sells the FC2 seems to no longer exist. Does anyone know if these are still being produced or if there is a piece that can be used as a reasonable substitute?
Thank you other Ryan from 84!, I am also building the Nes advantage (using it to control my toaster) and was half way through replicating the fc2, printing translucent sticker for a mock board, buying all the components researching scale. It is a huge time saver for an accuracy nut like me that I can just buy them and change out that white potentiometer.
Just snagged the last one he had..don't despair everyone who finds this post late, he made it sound as if he would be getting more.

Funny story talking to the seller at ApexJr. he said "Man, I haven't sold any of these in a while... and all of a sudden I sell out" I explained this post he then mention that the other buyer (WV Buster) had sent him pictures of "some strange old Nintendo controller"

Very nice service though and he even pairs it with the socket you need.
Last edited by Ryan The Ghostbuster on July 30th, 2016, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's awesome! So are well all in a race now to build the liberty controller? Ha ha, I got mine this week and I am hoping to wire it up this weekend to test it out for fun. not sure if i will use one for a pack but it may be neat at some point to do it "authentic" if for nothing else than bragging rights.
That looks great! Clearly you have the advantage ;)..... I am taking my time on a few elements of mine because I need it to control a toaster hopefully it will look as good as yours. Oh one thing I think most overlook is that one of the side bread boards is suppose to be upside down (just a theory) as it has slots not holes..I wouldn't be surprised if they used the bottom side of that breadboard to rig the blinking lights. haven't found a perfect match though and that may be a wild goose chase just putting it out there.

By theamazingryan84
you have to get the right breadboard because it has to be cut. I got the right kind but i didnt remove the lettering and numbers on it. as far as controlling a toaster, THATS BRILLIANT! My advantage is missing the gasket that goes between the joystick and the directional buttons. I shot some hot glue into the gap so my joystick doesnt move now. For the blinking light im just going to make a small 555 timer circuit in the case and put a battery holder in there somewhere with an access hole. the controls are easy to solder to on the advantage board, the directionals and the buttons leads are easy to find and solder to. you should have no problem. The toaster body is big enough to hide the relays and actuators so i hope you post pics.
theamazingryan84 wrote:you have to get the right breadboard because it has to be cut. I got the right kind but i didnt remove the lettering and numbers on it. as far as controlling a toaster, THATS BRILLIANT! My advantage is missing the gasket that goes between the joystick and the directional buttons. I shot some hot glue into the gap so my joystick doesnt move now. For the blinking light im just going to make a small 555 timer circuit in the case and put a battery holder in there somewhere with an access hole. the controls are easy to solder to on the advantage board, the directionals and the buttons leads are easy to find and solder to. you should have no problem. The toaster body is big enough to hide the relays and actuators so i hope you post pics.
I will post plenty of pictures, I am taking a bunch of images and planning an in depth tutorial as a good one doesn't exists for the toaster or this controller. You can skip the 555 and just get a blinking LED (they are great) the timing might be exact to the movie but it is much easier. I have to replace a lot of the internals in the controller for space and functionality reasons but it is all coming together nicely.
By negsasj
WV Buster wrote:I'm kicking around the idea of building the GB2 NES Advantage controller. The place that sells the FC2 seems to no longer exist. Does anyone know if these are still being produced or if there is a piece that can be used as a reasonable substitute?
FC2 chaser boards are still available from the manufacturer. E-mail sales@electroniceffects.com and I will post on eBay.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]