This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By ieatmousetraps
While looking around online for a Super Soaker Backpack to turn into a 'proton pack water gun' I came across this.

Kind of looks like this, don't it?

My son's birthday is next week and i just finished up on his own Ghostbusters uniform. So I decided to but this and I'm going to paint it and try to modify the gun a little bit. Another awesome birthday present! :D I'll post updates- should be ready to pickup on Monday.
By ieatmousetraps
Walmart has them! And they are pretty cheap too. Only $19.85. Not sure on the quality of the actual gun but I'm going to be modifying the gun pretty extensively. The reviews on it are terrible:
  • ○ The hose is so stiff you can not move the squirt gun around without pulling it out of the tank, also you8 can not tighten the nut which connects the hose to the tank without stripping the threads.
  • ○ For the price, I thought this toy would last through the rest of the summer but it failed after the first few minutes. It is leaky and hard to use. No fun.
Thankfully I don't expect it to be all that awesome since I'm gonna be changing a LOT of it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21555721?wmls ... 52&veh=sem
By ieatmousetraps
DarkSpectre wrote:Kaitlin, I'd lose the gun entirely and make a new one. I've built a slimeblower so I can give you some tips if you need them. Hit me up on facebook!

That's exactly what I want to do. You're awesome! :D Lets do this!!!
By ieatmousetraps
My "biggest" concern is going to be if I actually want the thing to really be able to squirt water. Would it be cool? Yeah. Do I trust my son not to squirt people with it ( namely people who have $1000 proton packs strapped to their backs) Hell no. He's gonna be 8 years old and should know better. But kids are d*cks. And if you've got a squirt gun filled with water, you're gonna squirt it.

Looks like this type of gun is one of the ones you have to pump over and over again for it to work. No trigger system to it. So if I want it to work- that's gotta change. At least it has the top handle that I need! :D

Picture shows the gun "extended"

Edit: not my kid :p

By KoCo
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Alan Hawkins wrote:This is the gun you want...

http://www.amazon.com/Nickelodeon-Super ... B001BZZ6L6

(I got one once for $10, don't pay $40)
It's true!
They make a truly great base with some modification.
Here's a picture of one I did for a buddy's kid a while back, coupled to a Kenner blower.

By Alex Newborn
I lucked into two of those Nick shooters last year, grand total $15 shipped. I also picked up an extra Kenner backpack.

That was before I decided to go ahead and make my sons a pair of 80% size proton packs.

Still itching to paint those Nick Super Slimers, one of these days.

As for the pack and gun posted at the very top, I want to say I've seen that Theo Klein pack modded in these threads before.

It sticks in my memory because I did a search for one on eBay afterwards.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

EDIT: That was fast. All I typed in was Theo Klein, took me right to it.

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =6&t=23609

Alex
By ieatmousetraps
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

I bit the bullet and bought it. It arrives tomorrow :) My kid is so damn spoiled I swear....

By ieatmousetraps

KoCo wrote:
Alan Hawkins wrote:This is the gun you want...

http://www.amazon.com/Nickelodeon-Super ... B001BZZ6L6

(I got one once for $10, don't pay $40)
It's true!
They make a truly great base with some modification.
Here's a picture of one I did for a buddy's kid a while back, coupled to a Kenner blower.

How did you disassemble the nick gun. More importantly. The novel on the end. It's giving me trouble.
By ieatmousetraps
Progress! I'm starting to realize that this should go into the Slime Blower section buuuut I'm not certain how to move it. :(

Well. It's a little small but...hell. I might even make ME one this way! Perfect for the kiddo though : )

Painted the nick gun tonight and letting it dry.

By ieatmousetraps
So I found another thread where someone did EXACTLY what I'm doing. Same pack. Same gun.

This makes me really hopefully for my overall end design. Here's a look at what theirs looks like. I think I'm going to have my hose go to the end of the gun though instead of the bottom, so it's easier to move around. I don't like the idea of having a second hose wrap around the other side of my sons body though - in case he gets snagged on it. Looks like they kept the push handle in this one.

Now I'm on the look out for gauges small enough to fit the gun. I have a metric TON of them from my ecto build but none of them fit the gun :(

https://scontent-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot ... e=55D24A6E

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]