This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Chris Brewin
Hey...

So this may belong more in the fan props section than here.

I'm starting to plan out how I'd want to store all of my GB kit. I've got a small apartment and space is limited. I also tend to move often. My work sometimes sends me on course or temporary duty to other towns, and if there's a con going on, I'd like an easy method of travelling with my kit.

I've got an idea to build a wheeling travelling case about the size of a hockey bag into which I can put my proton pack, trap, flight suit, meter, goggles etc.; essentially, the quintessential storage and travel case for all the tools and gear required for paranormal investigations and eliminations. If you do a Google search for "Pelican case" you'll get the idea for what I'm going for; something hard shelled with foam inserts with cut-outs so that the various bits of gear are secured and arrive at the destination in one piece (ideally LOL).

I know that some packs are right at the cusp of airline weight limit for luggage, so I'm thinking it might be something that can separate into two sections; one containing the pack (and maybe the trap), the other containing the smaller stuff. I'd have at least one of them be a rolling case with attachment points so that the two of them can be carted around together. I also want to add some silly warning labels and stuff (like Matty Collector did with the boxes for their GB replica pieces) but I'm a bit concerned about baggage handlers and/or border security agencies getting... "worried" about them, if you get my meaning.

If you want to see some of my inspiration for this, check out some of the work Adam Savage (formerly of Mythbusters) has done making custom cases for some of his props... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tUHJnl8qPM and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXzxEqdvuIE&t=1620s

Here's what help I'm looking for: I'd love to see pics of the cases you folks use to cart your kit around in. I'd also love feedback about your experiences using the cases and how baggage handlers and/or security agencies have handled your kit based on any labels or stickers you've added.

This project won't get off the ground till the fall/winter, so don't feel too rushed to reply :)

Thanks!
-C
robandliv liked this
So it's been a couple months and nuthin. I'll be working on some concept art in the next little while. Maybe that will help stimulate some conversation.

I'm thinking fibreglass might be the right material to go from. I had considered doing some other kind of vaccu-form plastic, but I'm concerned about the size of the pieces I'd need with the limited work-space I have. Hopefully by Monday I'll have some concept sketches up and it'll make for a better starting-off point.

-C
By Alex Newborn
I was at Home Depot one time (buying the yellow rain suit and orange gloves for a subway tunnel scene cosplay) and found these large black storage boxes with hinged yellow lids. Oh, and they were on sale. This was back in 2013.

Simple, but sturdy and inexpensive.

They've served me well.

Alex
We took four of them to a shadowcast of Ghostbusters at Alabama Phoenix Festival in 2014 for the 30th anniversary. It's a two-hour drive and we took two vehicles.

I mainly had costume pieces and handheld props in them. We were acting out as much of the movie as possible live with the film, so I had several costumes for several characters on hand.

I've never taken them on an airplane or anything like that, though.

Alex

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]