This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Mercifull
I've been working on this animated "painting" of Vigo the Carpathian from Ghostbusters II as a window display for an event in February (Window Wanderland).

There’s no audio as no one will be able to hear it from outside (There is placeholder audio for YouTube purposes, but you can keep it on mute).

The cardboard frame was something I experimented with but I'm going to get some door architrave and paint it antique gold instead.

Thoughts and comments welcomed.

Noremon, Furio19, Kalonthar and 3 others liked this
By timeware
That's awesome. I was wondering if someone was ever going to do a Vigo projection like the slimer one that's available. Vigo's missing his kitten!
By Mercifull
I've discovered this morning an app for iPhone called Mug Life. It allows you to generate realistic facial animations from static images. It wasn't free but I'm going to experiment to see if I can make some better winks and eyebrow raisings. Maybe even an angry face when he's being destroyed?... we'll see. An updated video will be posted later today if all goes well.
By Mercifull
This new one has:
Some slightly improved facial movements (hard to tell from this preview though)
Better lightning and eye glow
An animated demon face instead of static picture
A rippling effect as vigo vanishes from the painting
A light leak transition instead of fade to black to reset the loop
By Mercifull
A test "screening" of this painting upright and in the window with lights dimmed (replicating conditions it will be used in) has highlighted a potential issue with viewing angle. The TV screen from LG that I'm using has quite a poor viewing angle in portrait mode and the clip of the floating head of Vigo doesn't show very well. I may remove this from the video entirely in order to avoid ruining the illusion of the painting coming to life.

The flat screen TV I'm using is 10 years old and if I had a better screen it might have been ok. But I have to use what materials I have and so it will have to do.
By Mercifull
The removal of the floating head might actually have an added benefit though. I'll be able to add sound effects to the video without worrying about Vigo's voice coming in and fading out mid-sentence.
By DarkSpectre
Dude, this rocks so hard. Great job! I recently bought one of those Christmas projectors on clearance and have been wanting to incorporate it into our table setups. Since I'm an editor I may take the ghost clips from the films and use that
By Mercifull
I tried a few techniques on the "frame" and eventually went for yellow primer with an antique gold rub n'buff wax finish using all-purpose filler on the corners and joins to fill the gaps. It still needs a bit more wax in a few places but I'm pretty happy. It looks like an actual antique frame now and not door architrave :cool:

By BuckMcDancer
I love this video prop! I've wanted to add something to my Halloween display but lack the knowledge and editing skills. :( I was going to send you a PM but I guess I'm too new and can't figure out how to actually contact the Administrators...
By Kingpin
BuckMcDancer wrote: October 12th, 2021, 12:09 pm I love this video prop! I've wanted to add something to my Halloween display but lack the knowledge and editing skills. :( I was going to send you a PM but I guess I'm too new and can't figure out how to actually contact the Administrators...
New members to the forum don't have the ability to send private messages until they've made their first post - it's to deter people from signing up and then conducting clandestine business in the PM system.

Now that your first post has been approved, you can now send PMs to other members. :)
BuckMcDancer, kahuna900 liked this
By InfiniTTTy
GO COOL!

Very cool! I'm working with a local non profit for https://freddyfrightfest.com/ and we're doing a Ghostbusters section of the haunted house this year. Wondering if you'd be interested in sharing your file @Mercifull!

Happy to drop $$ to you or a charity if your choice to give it a try.
Mercifull wrote: September 30th, 2020, 6:57 am Skip to 3:50 to see it playing on an iPad

https://youtu.be/04fTbgUQSH0?t=230
By Creativeguy
Old topic I know, but super cool. I might try my hand at making my own. I like how his eyes move and the lightning looks awesome but it feels weird because it doesn't come out of the painting. I think just keeping it to simple facial movements and maybe the occasional eye flicker or light up would be best.
darthbuster liked this
By kahuna900
So... Has anyone been in contact with Mercifull? He's been AWOL for the past six months both here and on his YouTube account. Hope all is okay with Matt and his family!
By Mercifull
kahuna900 wrote: November 8th, 2022, 10:16 am So... Has anyone been in contact with Mercifull? He's been AWOL for the past six months both here and on his YouTube account. Hope all is okay with Matt and his family!
I'm alive, thanks... but being the parent of a toddler is hard work! Certainly harder than busting ghosts :)

I've changed my board settings to get email notifications if anyone sends me a DM now, so if anyone wants a copy of my file hit me up. It's only 720p and doesn't have sound, but it works well enough on small screens.
Last edited by Mercifull on January 18th, 2023, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
kahuna900 liked this
By kahuna900
Mercifull wrote: January 18th, 2023, 8:17 am
kahuna900 wrote: November 8th, 2022, 10:16 am So... Has anyone been in contact with Mercifull? He's been AWOL for the past six months both here and on his YouTube account. Hope all is okay with Matt and his family!
I'm alive... but being the parent of a toddler is hard work. :)
Yup, been there... done that. I'd like to tell you it gets easier but I'd be lying. :)
Mercifull liked this
By Mercifull
Iceandlightsevents wrote: March 28th, 2023, 3:51 am Hi Matt, is it possible to download your Vigo footage as I would like to try and make an the animated photo frame?
Yes. Drop me a DM (if you have access) or if not then email me matt@simsmail.co.uk let me know what you intend to use it for and ill see what I can do for you.
By joepodell
Wow! I'm glad I found this post AFTER I finished building mine! LOL!
I built it using another video that was posted online, but I'll be reaching out to see if I can check out your videos and see how they'll play. Mine is a 40" display so not sure if the resolution will hold up, but LOVE to see another version of this out there!
This weekend will be its first time out for display. Can't wait to see people's reactions to it.
By Mercifull
joepodell wrote: May 4th, 2023, 2:34 pm Wow! I'm glad I found this post AFTER I finished building mine! LOL!
I built it using another video that was posted online, but I'll be reaching out to see if I can check out your videos and see how they'll play. Mine is a 40" display so not sure if the resolution will hold up, but LOVE to see another version of this out there!
This weekend will be its first time out for display. Can't wait to see people's reactions to it.
There can never be too many animated paintings of Vigo haha. Would love to see yours if you ever upload footage of it to YT.
joepodell liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]