This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Ecto39
Hello,

Does anyone know anyone out there making a replica “hot beverage thermal mug” as seen advertised by Egon in their promo commercial in GB2?

They appear to be plastic mugs, about 6-7 inches tall with the GB2 No-Ghost logo on a black background. The handle and upper/lower rim is white.

I have seen the mug in all black but was hoping to have one like in the movie. I wouldn’t mind having “a free balloon for the kids” too.

Thanks!
By jreverhart
Howdy,

a buddy of mine made one a few years back, he just went to a few gas stations bought a white plastic travel mug them printed out the logo with black background on label paper or sticker paper cant remember he got it at office depot though. cut it to the proper size using a paper cutter and an exacto knife and wrapped it around. easy peasy looked like the real deal. took him about 10 minutes once he had the stuff
By Ecto39
Thanks for the tip however I was actually trying to edit the original post and somehow re-quoted it. While the forum is a good source of information, it is not very user-friendly.
By jreverhart
online might be a good start, I took a look at Amazon after you posted i didnt see anything that stood out, however I'm for sure plastic thermal mugs still exist.
By Ecto39
Yeah. They are made by a company called ThermoServ. I found them on eBay pretty cheap. Now the question becomes if one can somehow open the mug up, remove the original graphic, replace it, and put it back together.
By jreverhart
Ecto39 wrote: September 5th, 2018, 3:14 pm Yeah. They are made by a company called ThermoServ. I found them on eBay pretty cheap. Now the question becomes if one can somehow open the mug up, remove the original graphic, replace it, and put it back together.
I just looked at them, it appears the bottom is a seperate piece, you may be able to use a heat gun to get the glue loose, then just pop it off. I would be super careful though as it might melt the plastic, might wanna do a practice one if you can find 2 of them
By iam8114
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The cups themselves are pretty common from the time period. I remember my parents having several different ones from various street rod national shows my they dragged me to as a kid. They're either glued together or sonic welded (not sure if that was a thing back then, so I assume they're glued). I remember at least one coming apart in the dishwasher if you can get the bottom off its just a paper insert on the inside that you can swap out.

Maybe heat the bottom?

At some point, I want to dig through my parents' basement as I think they still exist down there somewhere because I'd like to make my own at some point.

For example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NSRA-Street-Ro ... SwHaBWkZl9
By Ecto39
I just bought a cup on eBay. Hopefully I’ll get it soon. I’ll post pics of the process. I’ve got a heat gun, so I’m going to carefully start with that on the bottom. The mug I bought is from the 80’s so hopefully the glue is somewhat weaker. I’m guessing. The bottom piece is a cap since I recall the top is a single piece when viewed from the inside.
By Ecto39
I just saw you said cups from the Street Rod Nationals. That’s funny as those were the same cups I recall as a child. I remember being dragged to those week-long events too lol.
By iam8114
Ecto39 wrote: September 21st, 2018, 7:12 am I just bought a cup on eBay. Hopefully I’ll get it soon. I’ll post pics of the process. I’ve got a heat gun, so I’m going to carefully start with that on the bottom. The mug I bought is from the 80’s so hopefully the glue is somewhat weaker. I’m guessing. The bottom piece is a cap since I recall the top is a single piece when viewed from the inside.
Yep. The bottom would be easier to deal with changing the graphics theoretically.
Ecto39 wrote:I just saw you said cups from the Street Rod Nationals. That’s funny as those were the same cups I recall as a child. I remember being dragged to those week-long events too lol.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure being bored out of my mind at those is why I hate cars now.
By NoLarryOnlyZuul
Ecto39 wrote:I just bought a cup on eBay. Hopefully I’ll get it soon. I’ll post pics of the process. I’ve got a heat gun, so I’m going to carefully start with that on the bottom. The mug I bought is from the 80’s so hopefully the glue is somewhat weaker. I’m guessing. The bottom piece is a cap since I recall the top is a single piece when viewed from the inside.
Did this method end up working for you? I'm attempting to do a couple on Monday.
I got an official mug for a early birthday present all the way from America. I'm in England. I've wanted one for years. I just had to spray paint it white in places to make it look as accurate as possible. I still need to tweak it a little bit, but I'm happy with the result. I even had my old balloon from the AMIGA game to go with it. It looks amazing on display.

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]