This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By ecto_skywalker
Hey this is kind of cool. :D Go to eBay and type in "ghost detector." Such a thing really exists... It almost looks like the sound level meter Egon was using in the battle against Vigo. Hmmm, I wonder if that's what the sound level meter was supposed to represent in the movie?
By Ecto96
Yeah I think they're also called a EMD or electro magnetic detector. They can easily be fooled by electronics though. Alot of professional ghosthunters use them, though they are very easily fooled.
By Radar
EMF (electro-magnetic field) readers are very popular among paranormal investigators. I've seen them called "ghost detectors" before but I think that's a little over the edge. Sometimes paranormal phenomenon are observed in an area while the EMF remains normal, and other times the EMF goes crazy but nothing's visible. However, unusually high EMF readings almost always go hand in hand with ghost sightings, which suggests that ghosts are real since they can be detected by sensing equipment. As for the readers being easily fooled, that's why most good ghost hunters stay away from power lines, generators, and other sources of electromagnetic disturbances. Getting a strange EMF reading while standing in front of an electrical substation doesn't look too hot on a case report. :roll: However, if you're standing in the middle of a field and that thing starts beeping like mad, get out the camera! :shock:

On an interesting side note, you don't need a pricey EMF reader to get results. I've heard of ghost hunters carrying compasses as a budget way of picking up on the EMF. Compass needles are really sensitive to electromagnetic fields (duh), although they can be thrown off just as easily.
By Ecto96
Camera nothing, some spooky sh*t starts happening to me, depends on what it is, I ain't afraid of no ghost...to a point. If it's a malevolent spirit such as a demon, fudat, I've seen the work of those things, as well as either by a demonic spirit or a normal one, I've been chocked 2 times by some spirit that was in my house for a while, call me nuts if you want but I saw the thing after the first time it attached and well, as genine would say 'well just don't go in there' and I didn't, but oddly enough, just as soon as it was here, it left again.
By prototype7
Here's my question... is there also a correlation between ghosts and negative ions? Like in the movie, when they mention the ionization rate...
I ask because when I was younger, I'm pretty sure I did some research into ghosts and found that the concentration of negatively charged ions in the air rose during ghostly experiences. So, I concocted a ghost detector that works off that principle.
Can anyone confirm this?
By Kingpin
Do not take any science in the movie as fact, heck, even true events mentioned in the movie got incorrect dates by accident.

While Dan is said to have done a lot of work into investigating the paranormal and the science behind it... there's nothing yet to prove that there is such a thing as an ionization rate in terms of paranormal entities.

Sorry to rain on any parades, but so many people go off on an idea with taking even a small shred of spoken stuff as possible fact. :?

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]

Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]