Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Ghostbusters Infestation, and it was my favorite of the whole Infestation Tie-in set. Issue #2 really had a lot of good interaction with/ dialogue from the guys. Erik has a really good handle on the chemistry of the team. Great work!
Well, now that it's all over -- for now! -- I'd like to thank everyone one more time for reading. I hope I can entertain you again. (Assuming I did.) (:

And I'd love to know any favorite lines or bits not already mentioned!

Catch ya on the other side, folks!
Well with how the last comic ended, I sure hope it's not over!

Erik, great writing really. I'd be interested in the writing process as far as how long it took and how many drafts you wrote in order to capture the relationship of the crew. Not only that, but the comedy as well.

It's really difficult writing a good story, especially a short one when dealing with characters that are well known and I would just be interested in hearing more about it.
SlimeGuy wrote:Well with how the last comic ended, I sure hope it's not over!
As the old saying goes, "from your lips to God's ears."
I'd be interested in the writing process as far as how long it took and how many drafts you wrote in order to capture the relationship of the crew. Not only that, but the comedy as well.

It's really difficult writing a good story, especially a short one when dealing with characters that are well known and I would just be interested in hearing more about it.
Well, let me know if I'm being too vague... (:

The (general) process on this one was me putting together a story that had some set requirements by both IDW and Sony. Once the plot was in and approved, I freaked out about fitting all off the stuff I put into the plot into two issues' worth of script.

The freaking out lasted longer than it took to plot. Tom Waltz talked me down, though, and got me back to work.

A script takes me -- plus or minus -- about seven days. (Seven days worth of writing, rather. Sometimes, due to other things - other writing deadlines, art, day job, family, various commitments - those days aren't necessarily consecutive!) Also, I compulsively tweak parts of the script as I write it, which distorts how much time I actually spend.

The first issue, as I recall, REALLY flew by.

I turned in draft one. There were some jokes I was asked to cut or change. In licensed work, that kind of thing is expected, and I don't mind the challenge. It pushes me to come up with something better. Made the changes, script approved.

The second one threw me for a loop. I had stuff I wanted to massage or change around, late inspirations I though of after I turned in a draft. I figured I'd just do all that once I got my editorial notes back (remember how I said changes are to be expected!) Except... this time, they didn't want any changes. So I was locked in on a first draft. Which has never happened to me before. It was a freak circumstance!

The comedy... I'll be honest, that's kinda just how my brain works. I'm like Will Hunting except I will never understand algebra. Or win an Oscar, but that's neither here nor there.

As for the characterization... well, the voices are so clear in my head from too many years of too many movies. If I can't hear the voice saying the line naturally in my head, it's wrong. (Mileage may vary!) (:

So that's a general answer. :cool:
Just finished reading issue 2, and really loved it! I really enjoyed the explaination for how Stay Puft came back and

******Spoilers******
This Post Contains Spoilers
I too am hoping that the ending will lead to an ongoing series, I feel that Infestation was the best writting and art work since Legion. I personally was waiting for the Ghostbusters comics to finally get back to that level atleast and Infestation did that, bravo!
Hope to see more! :-D
I purchased cover A and B today and just finished reading.

In terms of the Infestation story, did they reveal who this malevolent entity who is controlling Britt is? Or that for #2 on April 6th?

Probably my favorite reference was when Ray mentioned Bokor voodoo. And seeing Stay-Puft all covered in "zombies" then the big fight was so awesome.

The ending was interesting with
. I hope IDW spins off this ending and continues it with another GB mini-series. Even the Coney Island references start to make me curious about that past mission.

My only nitpick was Slimer on the covers. It's a grand tradition of putting characters on covers who don't even appear in the main story and he is a staple of the franchise, but the whole time I was wondering when Slimer was going to show up in the story, heh.
TristanJones wrote:I can't be the only curious about where Britt's going with Gozer's essence, can I?
I didn't really have any major interest in CVO until that happened.
Sure ain't to make perfume, that's fer sure. I don't think the story is going to get solved in Infestation #2...maybe, there's a second mini-series in the works? But if Ray is correct about the Bokor thing, could be an ingredient for a spell?
There's definitely more Infestation after #2, and I believe there's going to be more CVO stuff as well. I'm thinking of checking it out! I wasn't a massive fan of Infestation #1, mainly because I had no idea it was so heavily based in the CVO realm of things, but I think I'll give it a go having read the other Infestation books...
TristanJones wrote:There's definitely more Infestation after #2, and I believe there's going to be more CVO stuff as well. I'm thinking of checking it out! I wasn't a massive fan of Infestation #1, mainly because I had no idea it was so heavily based in the CVO realm of things, but I think I'll give it a go having read the other Infestation books...
That's cool. But I only read the two Ghostbusters issues, so far. Perhaps, when the trade paperback comes I can catch up.
mrmichaelt wrote:
TristanJones wrote:There's definitely more Infestation after #2, and I believe there's going to be more CVO stuff as well. I'm thinking of checking it out! I wasn't a massive fan of Infestation #1, mainly because I had no idea it was so heavily based in the CVO realm of things, but I think I'll give it a go having read the other Infestation books...
That's cool. But I only read the two Ghostbusters issues, so far. Perhaps, when the trade paperback comes I can catch up.
Looks like Infestation volume 2 -- with Star Trek, Ghostbusters, and the second bookend will be out by or before August!
Erik Burnham wrote:Looks like Infestation volume 2 -- with Star Trek, Ghostbusters, and the second bookend will be out by or before August!
Nice! Thanks for the heads up. Looks like its on pre-order at Amazon already and their date (as of now) is August 23rd.
The Good:
The Bad:
The Ugly:

No idea, as yet, when or if IDW is putting out some more Ghostbusters stuff.

Oops...never mind...:lol:
This one had a really cool story arc. I'm hoping they won't leave us hanging and have that vamp chick make a return. And they were brilliant with Janine's character in this one. She had me laughing with that werewolf crack. :)
Following on from an already good first issue, the conclusion didn't dissappoint. Erik, I'd happily read another story of yours for the banter and byplay you've given the guys. They felt like a cohesive, chaotic team as we've come to expect from them.

The art didn't disappoint, and my favourites definitely were
there's a whole load of fanart waiting to break free from that bit of inspiration.

And I'm certain someone will make a replica of Winston's Proton Pistol, which I hope we'll see more of in the monthly series.

The resolution came about nicely, whilst leaving enough for an ongoing story that could tie into Ghostbusters: Infestation. And, in an appropriate twist for Ghostbusters,

This was without a doubt, the best portion of the Infestation event. Followed by the Star Trek tie-in.

I'm rather luke-warm on G.I.Joe and disappointed with Transformers, the former for concentrating on the infected robots rather than the zombies... as well as featuring a team of Z-list Joes and less than stellar artwork... and the latter feeling too rushed. The artwork was nice but the story flow was too quick... and Britt being a Transformer seemed a stretch too far even for her new powers.

I'd be glad to see Kyle Hotz and Erik Burnham's credits on the title in the future if they get the chance.

If these was one thing I had to critique, it was the inconsistency in design of Stay Puft on the cover compared to the interiors, featuring a more rounded head on the cover, with a more marshmellowy head in the interiors... but that's a very minor critique.
Like everyone else, I throughly enjoyed, no no loved this two parter both story and art wise. It was obviously the better of all the other franchises that was picked for this massive project. Kudos to both Erik and Kyle for giving us these awesome comics! Hopefully Erik, you can write a few of the monthly titles once they take off. Again boys, great job and the fan boy in me prays you both re-team up and give us something brilliant again :)
Erik Burnham wrote:Well, let me know if I'm being too vague... (:

The (general) process on this one was me putting together a story that had some set requirements by both IDW and Sony. Once the plot was in and approved, I freaked out about fitting all off the stuff I put into the plot into two issues' worth of script.

The freaking out lasted longer than it took to plot. Tom Waltz talked me down, though, and got me back to work.

A script takes me -- plus or minus -- about seven days. (Seven days worth of writing, rather. Sometimes, due to other things - other writing deadlines, art, day job, family, various commitments - those days aren't necessarily consecutive!) Also, I compulsively tweak parts of the script as I write it, which distorts how much time I actually spend.

The first issue, as I recall, REALLY flew by.

I turned in draft one. There were some jokes I was asked to cut or change. In licensed work, that kind of thing is expected, and I don't mind the challenge. It pushes me to come up with something better. Made the changes, script approved.

The second one threw me for a loop. I had stuff I wanted to massage or change around, late inspirations I though of after I turned in a draft. I figured I'd just do all that once I got my editorial notes back (remember how I said changes are to be expected!) Except... this time, they didn't want any changes. So I was locked in on a first draft. Which has never happened to me before. It was a freak circumstance!

The comedy... I'll be honest, that's kinda just how my brain works. I'm like Will Hunting except I will never understand algebra. Or win an Oscar, but that's neither here nor there.

As for the characterization... well, the voices are so clear in my head from too many years of too many movies. If I can't hear the voice saying the line naturally in my head, it's wrong. (Mileage may vary!) (:

So that's a general answer. :cool:
Not only not vague, but almost exactly what Keith and I experienced :) Must be something in the slime...err, water!

Jim!
Thanks! I'm working on #1 now, going back and forth "but this scene is too quiet! Maybe it should be cut!" "Can't be cut, it sets up stuff for later!" "It does! Can it be shortened?" "Only if it's fine if it no longer makes sense!" "Can I add a joke?"

lol.

This has been my day. (;

September cannot come soon enough! I'm excited! (And so are Dan, Luis, Tristan and Tom, unless they've been lying through their teeth!)
This has been your day? This has been your Day! Getting paid to write comic #1 of an ongoing Ghostbusters comic series with Dan and Tristan has been your Day???

I hate you. Just thought you should know that. ;)

All joking aside, I am completely envious. I love toiling over my scripts, making sure that every character has the right balance of humor and humanity, but unlike you I can't get paid for it! God speed my friend. You are an inspiration to us all.

September better get here soon.
The new advert was awesome. And yes, put in that joke! So looking forward to forking over the money for a subscription.

Just speculating but wouldn't be cool if in each issue we got one or two stories and the last page or two of each monthly are a "From Tobin's Spirit Guide" segment featuring one or two of Tristan Jone's Spirit Guide art?

Should we start a new thread for talking about the monthly?
Just got the issues today, loved them! Though I'm guessing I'll be needing something else (stand-alone "Infestation" comic?) to get the rest of the story. My "Comic Book Guy" automatically pulls anything Ghostbusters for me, guess I'll have to go back to get more of the story. Besdes any backstory to the GB tale, I'd like to check out the Star Trek one too.

Anyhow, to echo other comments on here - the characters and chemistry between them seemed spot-on. Well done! :cool:
Have to say didn't care for the transformers books or the trek books.

Ghostbuster was nothing short though of awesome. So well done. Perfect tone and rhythm.
So I finally got to read the closing issue, Infestation #2. My one main question:
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]