Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
As much as the VTCs revealed about each character and (in the case of #40) certain situations, I've a feeling that Winston was #49 for a reason. Perhaps the reason that the IDW GB team were #50 could be that they factor into the story in a fourth-wall-breaker way? Almost like in the recent Annual? I wouldn't be surprised if these self-inserts were like a semi-mundane version of the Marvel Watchers.

Also, I just had an epiphany. Tiamat must've been the cause of
This Post Contains Spoilers
By mrmichaelt
I think you're looking too hard at it. Egon recognized Tiamat's reading on the P.K.E. Meter in #4. Probably only he and Ray bother to memorize entities' signatures.

We saw a direct correlation of Death getting closer to checkmate then Egon immediately gets incapacitated.

And Ray's team got into the action a bit faster so he didn't see it but
This Post Contains Spoilers
By Fritz
groschopf wrote: September 7th, 2018, 6:44 am I have to wonder if Janine is going to be the sacrifice.

I could see her getting the Rose treatment and voiped into another dimension with consolation prize EGB Egon.

EGB Egon already has EGB Janine, though. That would either be a mess or a double tragedy.
By mrmichaelt
Or Jenny again. They did set up the possibility in #2. She lets herself get trapped to trap Tiamat. Though Ray and Janine are due for something terrible to happen to them directly. Peter, Winston, and Egon have been slapped around a lot already.
Which makes me all the more nervous that there's only two issues left. As long as over-saturation by multiverse-crossover doesn't get in the way.... Which reminds me of something I heard from a particularly smart Ectozone member: It hardly counts as chaotic if Busters being shuffled into teams consisting of different GBs from different dimensions means that they somewhat successfully (Looks like it certainly) adapt to each other's techniques and quirks quickly and contribute fresh new info and feedback to each other.
By mrmichaelt
HauntedWallflower wrote: September 7th, 2018, 7:43 pmWhich makes me all the more nervous that there's only two issues left. As long as over-saturation by multiverse-crossover doesn't get in the way.... Which reminds me of something I heard from a particularly smart Ectozone member: It hardly counts as chaotic if Busters being shuffled into teams consisting of different GBs from different dimensions means that they somewhat successfully (Looks like it certainly) adapt to each other's techniques and quirks quickly and contribute fresh new info and feedback to each other.
Yeah, in retrospect I'd wager the team shuffling was Tiamat's way of having extra fun but from what we learned in Mass Hysteria, we know she's not above studying the Ghostbusters' tactics. What's chaotic in this scheme is disrupting the (super)natural balance in the multiverse. She seems to be sure that the Ghostbusters' expanding presence would eventually force the intervention of those beings called the Predators -- who I'd guess will be the big bads of the next arc, probably coming out next year in time for the 35th anniversary. These Predators are probably like sharks, they're at the top of the food chain and keep the population of others at controlled levels. And if the Ghostbusters, take them out, these levels grow out of control and chaos. Tiamat appears to have concluded the Ghostbusters are the key to her master plan of unmatched chaos in the multiverse, imo.
By robbritton
That’s how I read it too; that Erik is wrong footing us by having us think Tiamat is targeting the Ghostbusters, where rather she’s using them to create a grander chaos.
By Sayscalled
A theory I had...

Eduardo loses the chess match, making Prime Egon essentially dead. However, Egon defies Death itself by coming back as a ghost, the same class as Jenny. At the climax of the story, the ECU is 99.9% refilled, but needs one last ghost before recalibration. Egon decides to make a huge sacrifice by electing to live in the Unit, to keep its stability.

As an epilogue, RGB Egon helps the Prime team establish a way to see inside their ECU and communicate within. Therefore Prime Egon isn't completely written off.
By groschopf
Sayscalled wrote: September 9th, 2018, 9:41 am A theory I had...

Eduardo loses the chess match, making Prime Egon essentially dead. However, Egon defies Death itself by coming back as a ghost, the same class as Jenny. At the climax of the story, the ECU is 99.9% refilled, but needs one last ghost before recalibration. Egon decides to make a huge sacrifice by electing to live in the Unit, to keep its stability.

As an epilogue, RGB Egon helps the Prime team establish a way to see inside their ECU and communicate within. Therefore Prime Egon isn't completely written off.

Sayscalled wrote: September 9th, 2018, 9:41 amA theory I had...

*clutches imaginary pearls and faints*
groschopf, mrmichaelt liked this
Sayscalled wrote: September 9th, 2018, 9:41 am A theory I had...

That's a pretty huge risk there. For both the teams and IDW crew.
O_O
mrmichaelt wrote: September 11th, 2018, 5:29 amI found Cover A for Issue #7 on IDW's site!
https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/g ... ng-over-7/

That just leaves Egon and Melanie for #8. Maybe the Kevins, Peck, 101 pilot team, EGB Egon, ATC Slimer, Lady Slimer, 68-Q Slimer, 11-W Slimer...
Yay, Garrett!! I do hope Egon will be the prominent one on #8's cover.
By mrmichaelt
HauntedWallflower wrote: September 11th, 2018, 5:37 am Yay, Garrett!! I do hope Egon will be the prominent one on #8's cover.
Probably. I'm curious if Tiamat will be on the cover, too. And as for the vehicles - still so many choices for Dan. He's done the prime Ecto-1's a lot so I'm hoping for the Ecto-2 (the RV) or Ecto-15 (Chicago GB's car). But there's also the Ecto-5 (motorcycle) and the 'Ultimate Mobile Trap' from 101. Then the Ghost Zamboni from the ATC mini. All the vehicles from RGB lol minus the Ecto-Bomber and Ecto-2 that have appeared.

EDIT 9/13: I think I found a Death WIP, probably for #7 posted August 8th.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmPs7wlBYDE/
mrmichaelt wrote: September 21st, 2018, 7:54 pm #7 Cover B posted on Previews.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL180834

Tom posted a teaser for #8.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1043183778766581762
Love that retro feel on that Kylie Griffin Cover B. ^_^
By groschopf
I don't know. I still feel like Janine is taking the hit on this one, even if it is Egon that will have to consider sacrificing himself.

The interlude in the hospital setting up her stakes, the fact that she has yet to see her Roger/Egon, the idea that she has to step up, and that weird "it happened to me too" line Egon said at the end of Mass Hysteria... I don't know what it all means, but I feel like it would be appropriate for her to be the one to lay the smackdown on Tiamat.
By mrmichaelt
HauntedWallflower wrote: September 24th, 2018, 5:13 pm"The End....For Now" panel from CO #8. I'm both excited and scared, but knowing that there's another chapter in the wings at all is comforting.
lol, what a blast from the past. Charon's Patisserie from #12 of the ongoing volume 1 when they were in Seattle.

I think last year, they announced the 2018 annual in mid-October so I suspect, at the earliest, we'll hear something mid-October maybe around the time Crossing Over #7 releases.
mrmichaelt wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 7:10 pm Tom posted another page of the Peter-Ellen showdown in Crossing Over #7
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1047549217021906944

And yep, Crossing Over #8 pushed from October 31 to November 7
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG180773
@ *referring to bold*

Ugh. >_<
Waltz confirmed Trading Cards #26-50 didn't make it to New York Comic Con but there are plans to make all 50 available soon.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1047895736203935746

Spoiler warning. About a week ago on Ghostheads United, Erik posted the last page of Crossing Over #7 in a comment section of a post. I saw it by mistake and wish I could use a Neuralyzer from MiB to forget it.
mrmichaelt wrote: October 10th, 2018, 6:19 pm Yep, Crossing Over #8 got pushed back another week to November 14.
Again? Ugh. >_<
mrmichaelt wrote: October 5th, 2018, 2:32 amSpoiler warning. About a week ago on Ghostheads United, Erik posted the last page of Crossing Over #7 in a comment section of a post. I saw it by mistake and wish I could use a Neuralyzer from MiB to forget it.
So this is a hunch I just had after seeing your post: Does it look similar or reminiscent to the end page of Get Real #3, by any chance?
Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]