Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Erik Burnham
The volume 2 TPB story I wrote will likely be pushed back.

This is mostly because there's a lot on Luis' plate with Haunted America, and it wouldn't feel right -- given the story -- to have someone else color it!

I demand all of you seek out Luis at SDCC, should you be there, and insist on buying him a beverage of his choice. He's more than earned it. (;

This is not to say there aren't going to be extras in the trade, just not this one!
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Erik Burnham wrote:The volume 2 TPB story I wrote will likely be pushed back.

This is mostly because there's a lot on Luis' plate with Haunted America, and it wouldn't feel right -- given the story -- to have someone else color it!
Understandable. Mr. Schoening and Delgado aren't robots and can't churn out more work on a dime.

Depending on how many sketch covers there are, I'm guessing there's a strong chance Issue #9's release date could be pushed back (similar to Issue #1's delay)?
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:I'm going to be trying my hardest to get those covers out on time. I dunno how many Dan had to do, but I'm told I've got at least 100 and the orders still haven't been completely counted yet.
I think he did something like 250 variants for Ghostbusters: Infestation #1's RI-B sketch cover. But even 100 sounds like... arthritis. Unless, you are a robot.
By JayTigran
no point, I'll just get it next week instead. I only buy the DapperDan covers (no offense to the other artists but I like the consistency of the main artist doing the covers to the books)
By Soul_Wrangler
A question for anyone that feels like answering it, pertaining to issue 8:
Again kudos to everyone involved. The series is definitely hitting its stride and getting far away from the umbrella of Gozer related nonsense.
By zeta otaku
wasn't at my local shop either... the owner of which was equally disappointed as he's almost as big of a GB fan as I am (he actually gave me a few free comics for letting him wear my proton pack a few years ago! :D )
By mrmichaelt
Issue 8, WOW! It seems official that Burnham will choose places with funny sounding names. The first story was great at presenting a new mystery and at the same time relating back to the first arc, so it's not really an epilogue or standalone. After both stories, I'm left wondering what and who this entity really is... hopefully it'll be revisited in Year Two.
"The Man Who Sought Death" was amazing! So many references and tying it all together. A cameo of that ghost then that guy then that event then "But Tobin seemed eager to change the subject." Brilliant, Mr. Jones. Brilliant. Blew my mind. Also wondering who that beggar was, too.
More so looking forward to see what comes about with his four parter during the Haunted America arc. Now I don't know what I want, more PCOC files or more Tobin stories.... Tobin mini-series please IDW!!!

Easter eggs and references I spotted so far:
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:It's actually "Hound of the D'Urbervilles", and that makes it a double reference. (Hound of the Baskervilles/Tess of the D'Urbervilles.)
Nice! I would have noticed that if I hadn't avoided English lit in high school and college...

What's the origin of this Russian folktale - one person pitched it, everyone came together and made it, or it was part of an actual tale then other things were added to it by the staff?

EDIT: Hmm, so far, the only Death/Grim Reaper like figure I found in Slavic mythology is Chernobog, the black god.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:The folk tale has several versions -- Russian, yes, but also German (Bros. Grimm had one variation.)
Oh! Is it "The Soldier and Death" by Arthur Ransome?
By TristanJones
mrmichaelt wrote:What's the origin of this Russian folktale - one person pitched it, everyone came together and made it, or it was part of an actual tale then other things were added to it by the staff?

EDIT: Hmm, so far, the only Death/Grim Reaper like figure I found in Slavic mythology is Chernobog, the black god.
I was going to go into the nature of "Death a bit more but the page count wouldn't allow it. If I ever get back to doing more Tobin stories, I certainly will, because I think I found an interesting hook for psychopomp creatures in the Ghostbusters world, and making the folklore connection would, I think, deepen the science of that universe a little more and help explain other creatures and their connections.

I was also hoping to put a little more science behind the sack itself, but... well.. . same thing.

I would simply look at Death as a particularly nasty kind of spirit. Something akin to the Dementors in Harry Potter... That's how I looked at it.
mrmichaelt wrote:"The Man Who Sought Death" was amazing! So many references and tying it all together. A cameo of that ghost then that guy then that event then "But Tobin seemed eager to change the subject." Brilliant, Mr. Jones. Brilliant. Blew my mind. Also wondering who that beggar was, too.
More so looking forward to see what comes about with his four parter during the Haunted America arc. Now I don't know what I want, more PCOC files or more Tobin stories....
Thanks dude. The beggar was a nod to John Hurt as The Storyteller, something I'm pretty sure we both drew on for this story. As for why he vanishes, it's just part of the Grimm's brothers mystique all those stories have. Who knows if he did, or if he even existed, or if he was even who he appeared to be. I had an idea for another cameo, but figured I'd sit on it. For now.
mrmichaelt wrote:Tobin mini-series please IDW!!!
Trust me, no-one wants this more than me, but it's not up to me at all.
mrmichaelt wrote:Easter eggs and references I spotted so far:
You missed the Mooglie ghost puppet and a Bassinghame descendant. ;)
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:The Soldier and Death! Believe that's the one.
Cool. That was bugging me for the past couple of days, that nagging feeling I read that story before.
TristanJones wrote:I was going to go into the nature of "Death a bit more but the page count wouldn't allow it. If I ever get back to doing more Tobin stories, I certainly will, because I think I found an interesting hook for psychopomp creatures in the Ghostbusters world, and making the folklore connection would, I think, deepen the science of that universe a little more and help explain other creatures and their connections.
It sounds like you do indeed, I recall you previously referred to psychopomp creatures in Sam Hain's PCOC file.
I was also hoping to put a little more science behind the sack itself, but... well.. . same thing.
I figured it was kept ambiguous on purpose to sow the seeds for future stories. But I was lost on if
I would simply look at Death as a particularly nasty kind of spirit. Something akin to the Dementors in Harry Potter... That's how I looked at it.
I see, had to look them up. I was likening this Death to the Nazgul since it'd be ironic in relation to The Soldier's life and end.
Thanks dude. The beggar was a nod to John Hurt as The Storyteller, something I'm pretty sure we both drew on for this story. As for why he vanishes, it's just part of the Grimm's brothers mystique all those stories have. Who knows if he did, or if he even existed, or if he was even who he appeared to be. I had an idea for another cameo, but figured I'd sit on it. For now.
I'll have to look that one up. But I admit I looked to hard on the vanishing act for some meaning, heh.
Trust me, no-one wants this more than me, but it's not up to me at all.
Yeah... I hope more fans chime in on wanting one at the IDW forums.
You missed the Mooglie ghost puppet and a Bassinghame descendant. ;)
Ah! But I admit he came to mind when I read the line, "exposing fraudulent spiritualists" then I totally blanked on it when I saw you-know-who popping up in an East German village.

BTW, based on Mikhael's descriptions of Tobin, were you likening him as a cross between Egon and Ray?
TristanJones wrote:Maybe in the PCOC file then?
I hope so! Peck's annotations should be funny.
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:About the sack:
Thanks, good thing he had back pack on him.

Also, here's a video interview of Tristan Jones from Supanova Pop Culture Expo 2012. And forgot to post this, but here was the initial premise with the second arc: What might have been...That would have made me drop the book. Aside from it being a retread of a subplot in "What in Samhain Just Happened?!," the talking dog would have been a bit much... yeah for a universe filled with ghosts, demons, and gods that would been too much for me, lol.
By Fritz
mrmichealt wrote:And forgot to post this, but here was the initial premise with the second arc: What might have been...That would have made me drop the book. Aside from it being a retread of a subplot in "What in Samhain Just Happened?!," the talking dog would have been a bit much... yeah for a universe filled with ghosts, demons, and gods that would been too much for me, lol.
I think it could have worked. But only if they let Erik put in a marijuana joke or two also. Even if it's only Venkman going "What are those losers smoking, anyway?" :lol:

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]