Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Sayscalled wrote:So Jenny is no longer a wispy blue translucent spirit? Gonna be weird seeing her look human on the outside, yet otherwise netherworldly.
zeta otaku wrote:I'm thinking it's like Clayface from Batman... she can hold a more solid form, but not forever, like flexing a muscle. Again, just guessing and we might find out more tomorrow?
It's been established she is a semi-corporeal and one would assume this ability will be introduced in #2 tomorrow. It's been a few months between Ghostbusters International #11 and 101 (#11 ended in May, Annual 2017's 101 Prelude started in early Fall) so she likely explored the extent of her new abilities with Egon and Ray.
Sayscalled wrote:
zeta otaku wrote:Ha! I know her!
Who?
I think zeta is referring to the fantasy camper in the cube. She's based on a Florida fan named Ziggy Zeigler.
zeta otaku, YoZiggy liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:
Sayscalled wrote:So Jenny is no longer a wispy blue translucent spirit? Gonna be weird seeing her look human on the outside, yet otherwise netherworldly.
zeta otaku wrote:I'm thinking it's like Clayface from Batman... she can hold a more solid form, but not forever, like flexing a muscle. Again, just guessing and we might find out more tomorrow?
It's been established she is a semi-corporeal and one would assume this ability will be introduced in #2 tomorrow. It's been a few months between Ghostbusters International #11 and 101 (#11 ended in May, Annual 2017's 101 Prelude started in early Fall) so she likely explored the extent of her new abilities with Egon and Ray.
Sayscalled wrote: Who?
I think zeta is referring to the fantasy camper in the cube. She's based on a Florida fan named Ziggy Zeigler.
Ah. I love when fans get tributes within the pages like that.

Thank you for your answers!
YoZiggy wrote:It's interesting to see yourself in comic form. :)

I'm sure!

By the way, what's a fantasy camper? Haha

In the 101 plot, a hefty EPA fine inspires Venkman to come up with the idea to charge civilians to participate in a controlled ghostbusting experience.
YoZiggy, zeta otaku liked this
Sayscalled wrote:
YoZiggy wrote:It's interesting to see yourself in comic form. :)

I'm sure!

By the way, what's a fantasy camper? Haha

In the 101 plot, a hefty EPA fine inspires Venkman to come up with the idea to charge civilians to participate in a controlled ghostbusting experience.
Ah. I unfortunately missed the reference. :) That actually makes my cameo funnier!
zeta otaku, Sayscalled liked this
YoZiggy wrote:
Sayscalled wrote:
Ah. I unfortunately missed the reference. :) That actually makes my cameo funnier!
For what its worth, you also appear to have a cameo in Issue #2 (Miss April on the Calendar pinned up in the firehouse observation tank, visable during the 'Ghostbusting 101' commercial). Kudos!

Speaking of Issue #2...
This Post Contains Spoilers
Alphagaia, Sayscalled, *NormalGamer* and 2 others liked this
MAIN STORY

1. ATC-VERSE
2. PRIME-VERSE
3. GHOSTBUSTERS 101
Easter Eggs so Far
To Be Identified
Last edited by mrmichaelt on May 8th, 2017, 6:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
mrmichaelt wrote:MAIN STORY

1. ATC-VERSE
2. PRIME-VERSE
3. GHOSTBUSTERS 101
Easter Eggs so Far
To Be Identified

Yeah I really dug Prime Universe Kevin's back story and I think he is shaping up to be an awesome character. I loved how it played like he was just taking Garrit under his wing. Also I got a little teary eyed when Kevin and Garrit were having their heart to heart. I really love seeing the realistic human side to these characters. Just gave the scene some weight. :):):)
mrmichaelt, Alphagaia liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:MAIN STORY

1. ATC-VERSE
2. PRIME-VERSE
3. GHOSTBUSTERS 101
Easter Eggs so Far
To Be Identified
I took one of the
Alphagaia liked this
Not a lot of action in this one, but some fun banter. At first I thought the yellow ghost in the ATCverse was speaking, but it seemed to be a mysterious figure in the mirror. Is it Rowan or something that guided Rowan into opening the portal?
The voice seemed to be coming from
I liked how the
was reminiscent of their sequence in the ATC LEGO Dimensions expansion too. Whether intentional or not, it was fun!
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote:Not a lot of action in this one, but some fun banter. At first I thought the yellow ghost in the ATCverse was speaking, but it seemed to be a mysterious figure in the mirror. Is it Rowan or something that guided Rowan into opening the portal?
robbritton wrote:The voice seemed to be coming from
I liked how the
was reminiscent of their sequence in the ATC LEGO Dimensions expansion too. Whether intentional or not, it was fun!
robbritton wrote:
Interesting, is that a certain level in the expansion?
mrmichaelt wrote:
robbritton wrote:
Interesting, is that a certain level in the expansion?

Yeah here is some gameplay if you haven't had the opportunity to explore the 2016 world. It's at the 8:25 Mark. :):):)

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ch02RXVaYz8
mrmichaelt wrote:Saw this on one of the monitor screens by Cait, anyone know what game it's from?
http://www.geekenstein.com/wp-content/u ... iberty.jpg
philmorgan81 wrote: Yeah here is some gameplay if you haven't had the opportunity to explore the 2016 world. It's at the 8:25 Mark. :):):)

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ch02RXVaYz8
Thanks, phil!
Anytime sir. My Pleasure. ;) As for the screenshot you spotted, I could be wrong, but it looks a lot like a Fan Recreation of one of the levels on Ghostbusters 2 for DOS. It is a computer version of Ghostbusters 2 published by activision, but is different from the console versions.

Do you remember a time Before the Awesomeness of the 2009 Video Game? I think it was between 2000-2006 there were a lot of Fans taking a crack creating there own Ghostbusters Games. The ones that come to mind are things like Ghostbusters DOOM and there was some fan that Updated the David Crane Ghostbusters Game. The Screen Shot looks like one of those. Again I could be wrong, but that is my guess. :):):)
A few more of Dan's eggs
philmorgan81 wrote: As for the screenshot you spotted, I could be wrong, but it looks a lot like a Fan Recreation of one of the levels on Ghostbusters 2 for DOS. It is a computer version of Ghostbusters 2 published by activision, but is different from the console versions.

Do you remember a time Before the Awesomeness of the 2009 Video Game? I think it was between 2000-2006 there were a lot of Fans taking a crack creating there own Ghostbusters Games. The ones that come to mind are things like Ghostbusters DOOM and there was some fan that Updated the David Crane Ghostbusters Game. The Screen Shot looks like one of those. Again I could be wrong, but that is my guess. :):):)
A second thanks. ;) I'll dig around.
philmorgan81 wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Saw this on one of the monitor screens by Cait, anyone know what game it's from?
http://www.geekenstein.com/wp-content/u ... iberty.jpg

Thanks, phil!
Anytime sir. My Pleasure. ;) As for the screenshot you spotted, I could be wrong, but it looks a lot like a Fan Recreation of one of the levels on Ghostbusters 2 for DOS. It is a computer version of Ghostbusters 2 published by activision, but is different from the console versions.

Yep, seems like it's this one: http://www.classic-retro-games.com/game ... ers-ii-312
mrmichaelt liked this
robbritton wrote:Yep, seems like it's this one: http://www.classic-retro-games.com/game ... ers-ii-312
Yes, thank you. Park Productions did it in 2007. This still was from Level 2. Nice!
Alphagaia wrote:Loving the commercial in the comic, but there is one thing I don't understand. They have ghosts at their disposal. One is compliant. Why use a sheet?
One, I'd guess Dan saw it as a chance to do another easter egg. Two, in-universe -- I would think out of respect to Jenny's family and friends they omitted using Jenny in the commercial.
Yeah I get the GB2 reference, but in the movie they used a sheet because they had no safe way to use a ghost. Jenny can change her shape as we see her do in the comic so her family would not know. Or they could have shown them busting a ghost inside the cube.
It's a minor in universe niggle though.
Alphagaia wrote:Yeah I get the GB2 reference, but in the movie they used a sheet because they had no safe way to use a ghost. Jenny can change her shape as we see her do in the comic so her family would not know. Or they could have shown them busting a ghost inside the cube.
It's a minor in universe niggle though.
I guess. But this was funny. Sometimes, a joke is just a joke.
robbritton liked this
Well, the joke lost it's impact for me because it did not make sense in universe. It was just a repeat of the 'we suck at making commercials' running gag we already see them do 3 times.
Again, no biggy and I'm probably just overthinking it. Just hoped it could be explained in universe and maybe I was missing something. Ah well. Can't wait for the next one!
Of course, maybe a simpler explanation would be that ghosts in their true form (and not possessing anyone) don't show up on film? Maybe that's why, in the Prime universe, they've always resorted to low budget sheets and fishing wire. Just a thought.
Man, this is one of the best issues IDW has put out yet. Lots of character development, and lots of really interesting lore explanations and expansions.

I refuse to believe the wording of, "Lets go! Ghostbusters" on the intro page wasn't an intentional, subtle nod to the Filmation series.
Sayscalled wrote:Of course, maybe a simpler explanation would be that ghosts in their true form (and not possessing anyone) don't show up on film? Maybe that's why, in the Prime universe, they've always resorted to low budget sheets and fishing wire. Just a thought.
Hmm, didn't the videogame contain a scene or two where ghost appear on TV? I know they can be recorded in the ATC universe, at least. Egon brought in a camera confronting the grey lady as well, right? And the pictures of Vigo showed his demonic side.
Alphagaia wrote:
Sayscalled wrote:Of course, maybe a simpler explanation would be that ghosts in their true form (and not possessing anyone) don't show up on film? Maybe that's why, in the Prime universe, they've always resorted to low budget sheets and fishing wire. Just a thought.
Hmm, didn't the videogame contain a scene or two where ghost appear on TV? I know they can be recorded in the ATC universe, at least. Egon brought in a camera confronting the grey lady as well, right? And the pictures of Vigo showed his demonic side.
Was only a theory. Carry on.
Alphagaia liked this
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]