Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
HauntedWallflower wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Tom Waltz posted 3 of Dan Schoening's WIPs of several teams of GBs in action.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/949447128912297985
Oh wow, both Kylies together blows my mind!! :kylie:
Yeah, should be very exciting. ^_^
HauntedWallflower liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:
HauntedWallflower wrote: Oh wow, both Kylies together blows my mind!! :kylie:
I think it'll be hilarious if Garrett finds out the IDW Eduardo only works in a bookstore.
Heh, now this I gotta see. ^_^
Kingpin wrote:The guys are at Grand Central, the inside of which hasn't been seen... I think... since issue #4 of Ghostbusters: Legion. :)
Yes... I think so. In Vol 2. #9, Peter and Kylie were only on the outside of Grand Central -- and that was also a Halloween story. Interesting to choice for Erik to post since in the Insight Tobin's Spirit Guide, Egon and Ray noted Proton Grenades were one of the things that failed against Samhain.
mrmichaelt wrote:I think it'll be hilarious if Garrett finds out the IDW Eduardo only works in a bookstore.
And especially EGB Eduardo himself. He'd hate to find out that this job is not "cool." Certainly not the kind a slacker-type would go for :eduardo::lol:

Seriously though, I'm most excited to see the EGBs get in on the comic action, cos I grew up with them and they were the only GBs I knew until I found out about the movies and RGB. Although, I have seen GB2 at around the same time, but it was mostly forgettable to me.
mrmichaelt wrote:Tom posted more covers. Ah, blast from the past on the #3 cover!
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/954502897588318208
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/954501877848145920
@ *referring to bold*

As well as Roland himself; pleased to see him. ^_^ :roland:
mrmichaelt, robbritton liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:Tom posted more covers. Ah, blast from the past on the #3 cover!
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/954502897588318208
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/954501877848145920
I wonder if that cover has spoilered Erik's
"A quick, throwaway one-panel character in the Ghostbusters 2018 annual may or may not steal your hearts" tweet?
*NormalGamer* liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:Previews World did a mini interview with Burnham and Schoening about Crossing Over
https://www.previewsworld.com/Article/2 ... ssing-Over

*Erik pitched a much smaller story but Tom overruled and went with Crossing Over.

*Story is like a bit of Crisis on Infinite Earths and a bit of Secret Wars.

*There will be new ghosts.
So now the story is sort of like a mix of Marvel and DC's crossover events; guess we'll see how it plays out. ^_^
mrmichaelt wrote:Annual 2018 moved to February 28.

Tom posted a WIP of Dan's from Crossing Over #1
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/955993510062178304

Looks like Ron and Holtzmann are building their unit in Jimmy's apartment from GB #9.
Wait... How do Jillian and Ron end up in the same dimension if they don't have portals?

I'm guessing Holtzy figures out how to build her own interdimensional gate, and in a slight glitch, ends up in Prime GB Chicago, instead of New York.
By mrmichaelt
Sayscalled wrote:Wait... How do Jillian and Ron end up in the same dimension if they don't have portals?

I'm guessing Holtzy figures out how to build her own interdimensional gate, and in a slight glitch, ends up in Prime GB Chicago, instead of New York.
At the end of 101, Jillian told Ray she thinks the portal's schematics are now in her memory as a consequence of them all crossing the streams on the last breach. She might have built her own if the new memories weren't temporary. Or she asked to visit the prime dimension when Ray or whomever used the main teleporter to pay the ATC verse a visit. I think way back in the Annual 2015 there was a 1 pager where Ron was already lusting after the teleporter so he probably bumps into Holtzmann -- they team up for their own reasons -- Ron or both try their own tweaks and pandemonium.
Crossing Over #2 set for April 25.
Cover A - Dan, Cover B- Tim Lattie, Cover RI Sara Richard (not revealed yet)
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB180387
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB180388
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB180389
Thanks to an accident involving a knockoff trans-dimensional portal, some dangerous entities have been released from the ecto-containment unit... and the Ghostbusters will need help to recapture them all. To complicate matters, this issue also features an unexpected visitation, ill omens, and Janine fretting about the future... all this and more in Part 2 of our 8-part mega-crossover event!
By groschopf
Sayscalled wrote: Wait... How do Jillian and Ron end up in the same dimension if they don't have portals?
mrmichaelt's explanation is certainly the most probable explanation.

Then again... we do know there's another Holtzmann in the Prime universe.

Maybe there's a lone mad scientist version of Holtzmann in another dimension that makes a portal and accidentally establishes contact with Ron. I could see him keeping that quiet so he could take advantage of the situation... and vice versa, come to think of it. They're both agents of chaos.

Or maybe this Ron and Holtzie are both from another dimension.
This Post Contains Spoilers
There might be a lot more Holtzie's and Rons out there. Now THAT would be a Crisis on Infinite Earths...
groschopf wrote:
Sayscalled wrote: Wait... How do Jillian and Ron end up in the same dimension if they don't have portals?
mrmichaelt's explanation is certainly the most probable explanation.

Then again... we do know there's another Holtzmann in the Prime universe.

Maybe there's a lone mad scientist version of Holtzmann in another dimension that makes a portal and accidentally establishes contact with Ron. I could see him keeping that quiet so he could take advantage of the situation... and vice versa, come to think of it. They're both agents of chaos.

Or maybe this Ron and Holtzie are both from another dimension.
This Post Contains Spoilers
There might be a lot more Holtzie's and Rons out there. Now THAT would be a Crisis on Infinite Earths...
Just to clarify, I misspoke. I own the 101 TPB, so I do know that Jillian could very well build her own portal. It's just how she meets Ron that baffles me. So I stand by my original hypothesis regarding Prime Chicago vs. Prime NYC.
By groschopf
Sorry Sayscalled! I was just using that line as a jumping off point :)

You might be right about how Holtzy ends up at Ron's place (is that his old New York apartment or Chicago?), given her comment at the end of the film about her new trap:

"It catches ghosts and it transports them somewhere... I'm not really sure where. I think it's Michigan."

It's safe to say that her shotgun approach to science will be the catalyst of a problem akin to blowing up ghosts.
groschopf wrote:You might be right about how Holtzy ends up at Ron's place (is that his old New York apartment or Chicago?), given her comment at the end of the film about her new trap:

"It catches ghosts and it transports them somewhere... I'm not really sure where. I think it's Michigan."

It's safe to say that her shotgun approach to science will be the catalyst of a problem akin to blowing up ghosts.
I think that's Jimmy's New York apartment down to the dead tree near Holtz in the one panel. It's definitely up for debate how she ends up in the Prime universe and the context of why she'd team up with Ron.

Well both Ron and Holtzmann caused some problems for blowing up ghosts, so put 'em together to build a knock-off teleporter... yeah.

Though, an evil AU Holtzmann is a scary thought...
Wouldn't she head to Chicago to meet other Holtzmann as she (maybe, sorta) promised to do if she was in the prime dimension again, and then naturally stop in on the Chicago branch? That'd put her in Ron's orbit, at least.

As it's Jimmy's New York place though, they probably just all get together in NYC. It IS Ghostbusters, after all!
robbritton wrote:Wouldn't she head to Chicago to meet other Holtzmann as she (maybe, sorta) promised to do if she was in the prime dimension again, and then naturally stop in on the Chicago branch? That'd put her in Ron's orbit, at least.
Except 'Prime' Agent Holtzmann is assigned to the Boston FBI Field Office. And we don't know yet how many times, if any, she visited between 101 and Crossing Over.
I have to say that I'm enjoying the comics a lot. I'm still on the fence about the ATC series. I'm not a 100% sold on the art yet. It's got a nice hook though and feels like a GB book. But what Burnham and Schoening have done with the world integration is what should've been done in the first place instead of trying to market the ATC team as the only game in town. The way that Burnham makes them click with the prime world feels organic and fun.
DarkSpectre wrote:I have to say that I'm enjoying the comics a lot. I'm still on the fence about the ATC series. I'm not a 100% sold on the art yet. It's got a nice hook though and feels like a GB book. But what Burnham and Schoening have done with the world integration is what should've been done in the first place instead of trying to market the ATC team as the only game in town. The way that Burnham makes them click with the prime world feels organic and fun.

Oh I will probably always be on the fence about the ATC crew. It is not the characters fault. In all honesty they did not have the best of introductions to the franchise. That was bad writing, bad direction and just poor execution on the studios part. What do you expect that's Sony for you. They get lucky sometimes when they play ball (Spider-Man Homecoming), but most of the times they misstep. Ghostbusters ATC was one of those. However Like you said the way Erik has integrated ATC into the Prime Canon is nothing short of amazing. Now it feels like the ATC crew are just another franchise just in another dimension. For me it makes it easier to accept the characters.

I also love how Abby's ego got bruised in 101. It doesn't make her character any more likable, but it did feel genuine. Also in a twisted way I really love the fact that Ron and Holtzman are the cause of the problem in Crossing Over. I mean this is an epic screw up for Ron and Holtzman. I know that the priority will be fixing the problem and stopping all the ghosts and putting them back. I am so looking forward to what is going to happen after the dust clears. Ron is bit of a loose cannon and this is the second biggest screw up that he's involved in. Could he wind up fired from the Chicago branch? Now with Holtzman so far she is written as brilliant, but she is also written very comedic. That is fine, but I hope these events reel her in a bit. I am really hoping that she grows during this event. I am hoping that we see her having serious regrets for what she helped cause. That maybe she will start realizing that there are consequences to her actions and the science she is playing with. It is okay for her to take this kind of journey after all she is still young and new to Ghostbusting and her brash actions are a big thing that make her very different from Egon And that's cool. Egon created the PKE Meter in order to find that one ancient book, but after doing extensive research he ultimately felt that the book should stay buried. Holtzman has still got some things to learn and I am looking forward to the event and it's aftermath. I think things can only get more interesting. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote:
DarkSpectre wrote:I have to say that I'm enjoying the comics a lot. I'm still on the fence about the ATC series. I'm not a 100% sold on the art yet. It's got a nice hook though and feels like a GB book. But what Burnham and Schoening have done with the world integration is what should've been done in the first place instead of trying to market the ATC team as the only game in town. The way that Burnham makes them click with the prime world feels organic and fun.

Oh I will probably always be on the fence about the ATC crew. It is not the characters fault. In all honesty they did not have the best of introductions to the franchise. That was bad writing, bad direction and just poor execution on the studios part. What do you expect that's Sony for you. They get lucky sometimes when they play ball (Spider-Man Homecoming), but most of the times they misstep. Ghostbusters ATC was one of those. However Like you said the way Erik has integrated ATC into the Prime Canon is nothing short of amazing. Now it feels like the ATC crew are just another franchise just in another dimension. For me it makes it easier to accept the characters.

I also love how Abby's ego got bruised in 101. It doesn't make her character any more likable, but it did feel genuine. Also in a twisted way I really love the fact that Ron and Holtzman are the cause of the problem in Crossing Over. I mean this is an epic screw up for Ron and Holtzman. I know that the priority will be fixing the problem and stopping all the ghosts and putting them back. I am so looking forward to what is going to happen after the dust clears. Ron is bit of a loose cannon and this is the second biggest screw up that he's involved in. Could he wind up fired from the Chicago branch? Now with Holtzman so far she is written as brilliant, but she is also written very comedic. That is fine, but I hope these events reel her in a bit. I am really hoping that she grows during this event. I am hoping that we see her having serious regrets for what she helped cause. That maybe she will start realizing that there are consequences to her actions and the science she is playing with. It is okay for her to take this kind of journey after all she is still young and new to Ghostbusting and her brash actions are a big thing that make her very different from Egon And that's cool. Egon created the PKE Meter in order to find that one ancient book, but after doing extensive research he ultimately felt that the book should stay buried. Holtzman has still got some things to learn and I am looking forward to the event and it's aftermath. I think things can only get more interesting. :):):)
It took my fan edit and 101 to really come around to the ATC team. I feel like Burnham did what Feig and Dippold couldn't. I'm looking forward to this cross over event it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]