Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By cowbybill
Kingpin wrote:My comic guy already knows well enough to import anything Ghostbusters related for me.
The shop I go to does the same thing..anything GB realated that comes into the shop he sets aside for me. He doen even ask about the comic books anymore. I went in the other day and he said " Ive already got you set up for the monthly comics' then proceeded to bring out one of those lighted slimer figures. he told me he got an extremely good deal on it so I was able to snag it for $25.00 I didn't have the heart to tell him I really didn't want it.
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:http://traditionaldanimatio.deviantart. ... -205821316

The cover to issue #1 looks great! I see they've incorporated Winston's Proton Pistol from GB: Infestation and the series appears to definitely take place after Ghostbusters II with Ecto's 1A license plate. Kudos to Dan Schoening and Luis Antonio Delgado. I've been told by Mr. Waltz this duo is doing the interior art, as well.
Are you sure it's Winston with the pistol? I thought it was Ray firing the proton pistol and Winston driving.*

*--Not really. In-joke to an old argument on the boards.
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:http://traditionaldanimatio.deviantart. ... -205821316

The cover to issue #1 looks great! I see they've incorporated Winston's Proton Pistol from GB: Infestation and the series appears to definitely take place after Ghostbusters II with Ecto's 1A license plate. Kudos to Dan Schoening and Luis Antonio Delgado. I've been told by Mr. Waltz this duo is doing the interior art, as well.
Are you sure it's Winston with the pistol? I thought it was Ray firing the proton pistol and Winston driving.*

*--Not really. In-joke to an old argument on the boards.
Ha ha? :walterpeck:

At least there's no Slimer on the cover finally. It's like they're listening...
By elsoldao7
Why does it have to be the black guy with the pistol???
By mrmichaelt
elsoldao7 wrote:Why does it have to be the black guy with the pistol???
Because Winston is the only one with a military background and because of that, the most accurate shooter of the four.
By Kingpin
elsoldao7 wrote:Why does it have to be the black guy with the pistol???
Because it was already established in Ghostbusters: Infestation and nobody complained about it back then.
By Jim Beard
TristanJones wrote:but the bottom line is that everyone needs to get out to their local comic shops (or find one nearby if you're not already at one) and PREORDER this thing! It's gonna be great, and the only way it can survive is through numbers. So get out there and make sure everyone knows!
Quoted for truth.

Oh, golly, yes.

Jim
By Kid Chameleon
I recently placed an order for this at my local comic book shop (the first time I've ever done such a thing). The only other GB comics I have are a few issues of The Other Side, Tainted Love and Manga Ghostbusters (Ghost Busted).
By td9993
Hey, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but, as a guy who works in a comic store, let me tell you.
If you want this to succeed, TELL YOUR LOCAL COMIC SHOP ASAP.

For those that don't know, most all comic shops order from a magazine called PREVIEWS, which comes out TWO months in advance. So it should be solicited in the July issue.
You really aren't helping things if you go in a week before and ask for copies. Reprints help sales, but at least around here, most stores hate reordering because it's something people will do and not come back for. (experience, I haz it)
Most retailers won't take a chance on a new book, at least not around here, so it's important to tell them BEFORE they order it.

That's all.
Good luck, Dan. I can't wait.
(And yes, I'll be ordering more than usual around here)
By TristanJones
Vincenzo330 wrote:
TristanJones wrote:I am pretty certain Nick will be doing RI covers. I know there's an B cover but I can't quite recall what it is off the top of my head...
Oh you ;)

OK, I think I just got the answer I needed :D
LOL! I'm serious, I know there's a B cover but I honestly can't recall who is doing it. I think it may be Dan as well...
By crusader_x
Kingpin wrote:Yeah, I know. Photos of me were used as reference for Ray Stantz on that cover. :)
I know, but Runge used my face for Stantz.
By Capt. Reynolds
TristanJones wrote:
LOL! I'm serious, I know there's a B cover but I honestly can't recall who is doing it. I think it may be Dan as well...
Well that sucks... As someone who dislikes Dan's art it's going to be annoying enough reading the book with his art, but not having Nick on covers to go with the rest of them, that are all Nick... :(
By ProtonCharger
Capt. Reynolds wrote: Well that sucks... As someone who dislikes Dan's art it's going to be annoying enough reading the book with his art, but not having Nick on covers to go with the rest of them, that are all Nick... :(
you're not alone. i dont like his art, and ive dropped all other idw books while he's on the series.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]