Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
robbritton wrote:Apparently Forbidden Planet are getting it "maybe next week". What a shambles. Off to online retailers for this one, I reckon.
Aw. Sorry to hear that.
zeta otaku wrote:So... 101 starts in March, right?
Well, right now, yeah. The date is March 22. Right now.
zeta otaku wrote:Dude, one of my favorite things about this comic is reading your post-release write ups :D
Thanks, humbled to hear that.
Loved the Annual from start to finish. Favourite stories are the Haunted America story and the 101 prelude. I'm relieved that Sanctum of Slime is just an alternate dimension (For the time being?). Is that wrong? Like mrmichaelt, I didn't get the honeymoon couple story either.

Also, I thought the relative rule was about not introducing bio children of the main characters (Oscar doesn't count, cos he's not too important to the comic's plot, plus he's Dana's son, not Peter's) to the story or something. For example, when Louis Tully was brought into Vol 2, he was not allowed to have three children.

BRING ON 101!!!!
HauntedWallflower wrote:Loved the Annual from start to finish. Favourite stories are the Haunted America story and the 101 prelude. I'm relieved that Sanctum of Slime is just an alternate dimension (For the time being?). Is that wrong? Like mrmichaelt, I didn't get the honeymoon couple story either.

Also, I thought the relative rule was about not introducing bio children of the main characters (Oscar doesn't count, cos he's not too important to the comic's plot, plus he's Dana's son, not Peter's) to the story or something. For example, when Louis Tully was brought into Vol 2, he was not allowed to have three children.

BRING ON 101!!!!
This is what's bothered me. Because the leader of the SOS team is the nephew of Janos Poha ('84 timeline character), and he even appeared as a little boy in one of the first IDW issues.

Likewise, the EGB team are students of the same Egon from the Real Ghostbusters timeline.

So for the 101 teaser to refer to all four teams as each from their own dimension, should just be an oversight. I hope.
Sayscalled wrote:
HauntedWallflower wrote:Loved the Annual from start to finish. Favourite stories are the Haunted America story and the 101 prelude. I'm relieved that Sanctum of Slime is just an alternate dimension (For the time being?). Is that wrong? Like mrmichaelt, I didn't get the honeymoon couple story either.

BRING ON 101!!!!
This is what's bothered me. Because the leader of the SOS team is the nephew of Janos Poha ('84 timeline character), and he even appeared as a little boy in one of the first IDW issues.

Likewise, the EGB team are students of the same Egon from the Real Ghostbusters timeline.

So for the 101 teaser to refer to all four teams as each from their own dimension, should just be an oversight. I hope.
You're right it does appear that they are referring to each team as being from their own universe, I'm not sure if that is what they are going for but could work. I kind of looked at it like this. The IDW and Real Ghostbusters are side by side that represents the 2 different worlds. The Extreme Ghostbusters and The SOS Ghostbusters are side by side representing the Future of both established worlds. Then it goes on to say that " You never know who will answer the call "referring to the ATC crew who represent a third and not yet explored universe.

That is how I read it, but maybe it goes deeper than just dimension hopping, what if what happens in 101 sets off this reaction that warps SPACE and TIME of all three realities allowing for the possibility of all these teams to be seen and work together at the same time. I may be reading too much into it, but the tagline did say "Everyone Answers The Call." If they can pull that off in these six issues that will be amazing and hope opens more doors for a volume 4 and maybe some spin off comics like how TMNT has a few different titles out there. I am really looking forward to what lies ahead. Seriously the only thing missing from this epic mash up is the Filmation Ghostbusters, but I can understand why that may be absolutely out of the question. I say maybe because they were included in Ghostbusters Get Real originally, but were removed when it went to trade. Who knows? I have seen a lot of things come together this past 6 years that I never would have thought possible. I am looking forward to having my mind blown. :):):)
JurorNo.2, *NormalGamer*, Sayscalled and 1 others liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote:Like mrmichaelt, I didn't get the honeymoon couple story either.
Erik told me it was based on a Twinkies ad and Dan made specific references to the cut Honeymooners scene from the 1st movie.
HauntedWallflower wrote:Also, I thought the relative rule was about not introducing bio children of the main characters (Oscar doesn't count, cos he's not too important to the comic's plot, plus he's Dana's son, not Peter's) to the story or something. For example, when Louis Tully was brought into Vol 2, he was not allowed to have three children.
No, it was relatives. 2 years ago, Erik did an AMA and he said, "I was asked, at the beginning, not to create family members for stories. (ie Peter's mom, who I'd had in a pitch.)"
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ ... s/cfposag/
HauntedWallflower wrote:Loved the Annual from start to finish. Favourite stories are the Haunted America story and the 101 prelude. I'm relieved that Sanctum of Slime is just an alternate dimension (For the time being?). Is that wrong?
Get Real referred to SOS as the future so I'm sticking to that.
Sayscalled wrote:This is what's bothered me. Because the leader of the SOS team is the nephew of Janos Poha ('84 timeline character), and he even appeared as a little boy in one of the first IDW issues.
Alan Crendall? Some backstory was Poha tried to nab him in 1989 to use as Vigo's vessel between scenes in GB2. Alan's appearance in the comic was unofficially in the early '90s -- so it fits he's only 9 or 10. So the future of the IDWverse where the SOS team exists is 10+ years later. So granted Cait, Zoe, and Evan make the cut -- they'll probably be the new team in a few years for a decade or so then the SOS characters Alan, Gabriel, Bridget, and Samuel becomes the freshman team at some point. So heck, could be at least 3 teams based out of the NYC branch in the future.
philmorgan81 wrote:The Extreme Ghostbusters and The SOS Ghostbusters are side by side representing the Future of both established worlds. Then it goes on to say that " You never know who will answer the call "referring to the ATC crew who represent a third and not yet explored universe.
That's how I interpreted it. The SOS and EGB 'answered the call' in the IDW and RGB universes x years later.
*NormalGamer* liked this
They could be from parallel universes with similar histories, but time isn't in sync. Hell, that kind of thing was already covered in Volume 2 when the guys were gone for only a few hours for them, but it had been MONTHS back home. That's kinda how I interpreted things, anyway.
JurorNo.2 liked this
Just ordered my copy today from Midtown Comics in NYC. Living in rural New Hampshire, my regular comic book store often experiences delays and as a result I often have to wait until the week after to get new comics. Looking forward to reading it when it arrives.
Just found out the Amazon vendor I ordered the Annual from received a damaged shipment, so my copy will be even further delayed. Not the seller's fault, of course. I couldn't wait anyway, and bought a digital version. I have a collection of every IDW Ghostbusters TPB, so it was a given anyhow. As soon as the GB 101 Trade PB is up on Amazon, I won't be able to pre-order fast enough.
By mrmichaelt
2/13: Erik Burnham wrote six pages today.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 5091090432

Erica Henderson posted a progression for her (cute) 101 #1 cover. She did 2 total (so one for #1 and one for TBA).
https://twitter.com/EricaFails/status/8 ... 9377162241

5 week ago, Henderson posted a teaser of the other cover she was inking at the time.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPBEDpkAyjP/

2/16: The games have begun. Diamond updated the release date from March 22 to March 15 for 101 #1.

Also, two more covers for #1 have popped up. An RI Cover that is the photo cover of the ATC team and Subscription Variant A which reveals there are two versions of Lattie's BTTF cover. This new one has the ATC's Ecto-1. The Sub Cover B has the Ecto-1a.

So in total 101 #1 has six covers so far:
*Regular Cover by Dan Schoening and Luis Delgado, first of interconnected covers, order code JAN170460
*RI Cover, first ATC photo cover - has Holtzmann, Abby, Erin, and Patty suited up, JAN170463
*Subscription Cover, first GB1 photo cover - has Egon, Peter, Ray, and Winston suited up at Temple of Gozer
*Subscription Cover A by Tim Lattie, Back to the Future homage with ATC's Ecto-1, Egon, and Holtzmann, order code JAN170461
*Subscription Cover by Tim Lattie, Back to the Future homage with GB2's Ecto-1-a, Egon, and Holtzmann, JAN170462
*Variant Cover by Erica Henderson, Patty not happy with Kevin's pet "Mike Hat"
FemmeSpengs liked this
By mrmichaelt
May solicit is out for 101 #3 and it appears to be the one when both teams meet.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR170477
This is it! The Original Ghostbusters finally come face to face with those who Answer The Call! Inter-dimensional travel is no new thing to the original boys in grey and their colleagues, but this is the first time that dimensions have ever overlapped and threatened to merge -- which could be a worse fate than total protonic reversal!

Bullet points:
• Straight outta the 2016 film, the Answer the Call Ghostbusters make their comic book debut! Abby, Patty, Erin and Holtzmann join forces with Winston, Egon, Ray and Venkman for some bombastic ghostbustin' insanity!
• Written and illustrated by the fan-favorite and critically-acclaimed creative team of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening and Luis Antonio Delgado.
• Featuring the third of six-interconnected covers by Schoening and Delgado.
• Retailer incentive covers feature photos of the Original and ATF Ghostbusters casts!
Alphagaia wrote:Same here, together with the Switch and this, the start of the next month is going to be epic!
Indeed. Can't wait to see how things will unfold next month. ^_^
By mrmichaelt
I know beggars can't be choosers but I wish they would get the breakdown of covers correctly and have order codes ready. #firstworldproblems

It sounds like #1 and 2 will be a bit of slow burn or set up for both universes since they do have to 'introduce' the world of ATC in this comic's canon as well as develop Cait, Zoe, and Evan some more.
mrmichaelt wrote:I know beggars can't be choosers but I wish they would get the breakdown of covers correctly and have order codes ready. #firstworldproblems

It sounds like #1 and 2 will be a bit of slow burn or set up for both universes since they do have to 'introduce' the world of ATC in this comic's canon as well as develop Cait, Zoe, and Evan some more.

Oh yeah with a six issue story they can probably afford a slow burn. ;). It's issues 3-6 that are going to be delightfully crazy. :):):) I have said this before, but with each Progressive Arc and or crossover I say to myself, "There is no way that they are going to top this." :). I am pleased to say that they keep proving me wrong. I am really amazed with how far this creative team has taken the franchise and how much they have built off it. :):):)
By mrmichaelt
2/26: Erik Burnham confirmed Janine's niece Cait is an exception to the no-relatives rule.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 0791114752

2/27: Previews World has a downloadable preview for 101 #1 - it has the regular cover, credits page, and first 5 pages (prime universe only) - on their pages for the covers.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JAN170460
zeta otaku liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:Oh, and just as a disclaimer up front -- so no one feels cheated or even 'outraged' on the release day: The not-Roland character that's on the cover does not appear in this issue at all.
Already aware; he looks more like RGB Winston to me, despite the hairstyle and the green jacket.
By mrmichaelt
*NormalGamer* wrote:he looks more like RGB Winston to me, despite the hairstyle and the green jacket.
That's a very good point, it could certainly be argued he looks more like an AU RGB Winston. Hmm, perhaps late into the mini-series when things get worse, we see further convergence of universes with escalating ramifications hereto in this case cross-dimensional contamination yields a wholly unique version of the Winston archetype.
Last edited by Kingpin on March 1st, 2017, 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: removed broken colour code
mrmichaelt wrote:
*NormalGamer* wrote:he looks more like RGB Winston to me, despite the hairstyle and the green jacket.[/color]
That's a very good point, it could certainly be argued he looks more like an AU RGB Winston. Hmm, perhaps late into the mini-series when things get worse, we see further convergence of universes with escalating ramifications hereto in this case cross-dimensional contamination yields a wholly unique version of the Winston archetype.
@ *referring to bold*

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing; the accidential merging of alternate universes into existing ones may have indeed worse consequences then we thought and it's all thanks to that one simple mishap with that teleporter in the basement.
mrmichaelt liked this
Dan posted a WIP of Holtzmann from Issue #2/3 I'd guess.
https://twitter.com/Dapperpomade/status ... 1571912705
*NormalGamer* wrote:Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing; the accidental merging of alternate universes into existing ones may have indeed worse consequences then we thought and it's all thanks to that one simple mishap with that teleporter in the basement.
Ya think with something so dangerous, they wouldn't have put a biometric security device on it like the Containment Unit by now...
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]