Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
DarkSpectre wrote:As much as I love the comic series and have faith in their story telling abilities (I trust them over Ghost Corps), I'm still really on the fence about even entertaining the idea of picking up the 101 series. I may reconsider if the emphasis isn't placed on Feig's team. If there's a balance then I may go for it. If its reboot heavy, I wont waste my money on characters that I don't like. Do need to get caught up on the Annuals though.
Alphagaia wrote:Well they were smart enough to give both teams an even screentime in the preview, so my guess is it will be almost even, or slightly in favor of the main story characters, which are the OGB.
Yeah I think Alphagaia is right. When this series had it's team ups in the past (Tmnt and RGB). They did an excellent job on balancing time between the teams. I don't think this event will be any different, except maybe in scale. After all this is a six part event vs the 2 four part events we got before, so there is a hell of a story to be told here. Besides according to the synopsis of the story it goes above and beyond just travelers from another dimension being stranded in another. They appear to be dealing with an actual merging of the worlds. So much so that the Reboot team's memories are being altered. Believe me DarkSpectre I am not very fond of the ATC crew, but I think Erik might be able to flesh the ATC characters out better than Feig could. Erik and Co have a much better understanding of the property. To me it just sounds too good to pass up. :):):)
DarkSpectre wrote:I'd say you're on the right track, Alpha. The creative team really do love the characters, I honestly think that they could do a better job with Feig's crew in terms of characterization than what Feig and Dippold did. Let's face it. alot of folks like the reboot but alot more like the OGB, like you said if they're smart they seek balance and not showcase the new group because of Ghost Corps demands.

Also I don't think Goldenhawk is even on Reddit.
@ *referring to bold*

I agree. There's plenty of room for both teams, as well as other characters (old and new), to make their own mark in the lore; 'balance' is a given.
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
To add a bit of counterbalance to the Feig and Kate could have developed their characters more: I did not have a problem with the characters as they were in GB:ATC, but I agree they could use more depth.

We only know them from one story, and that story mainly focused on Erins and Abbies friendship and their (re)search for the truth, so I'm quite excited what more they do with the (other) characters and in what way they will create more themes and backstory.

The OGB are great and colorful but that's also because we know them for so long from the thousands of stories already told. The newer GB are blanker slates filled with possibilities, waiting to get more molded and attain various details in their personalities.

Long story short: color me excited!
JurorNo.2, Sav C, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By JurorNo.2
DarkSpectre wrote:Like I said before in another thread, if it's done well and actually makes me give a damn about Feig's group then I'm in. But I'm not pre ordering just yet lol
IMO, you should always pre read a comic book before buying. Or at least skim it. I don't like that "don't read" rule some stores have (yes, I get why they have it).
Sav C, *NormalGamer* liked this
Alphagaia wrote:To add a bit of counterbalance to the Feig and Kate could have developed their characters more: I did not have a problem with the characters as they were in GB:ATC, but I agree they could use more depth.

We only know them from one story, and that story mainly focused on Erins and Abbies friendship and their (re)search for the truth, so I'm quite excited what more they do with the (other) characters and in what way they will create more themes and backstory.

The OGB are great and colorful but that's also because we know them for so long from the thousands of stories already told. The newer GB are blanker slates filled with possibilities, waiting to get more molded and attain various details in their personalities.

Long story short: color me excited!
@ *referring to bold*

That's the beauty of character development; it will be great to see the ATC team get well developed personalities of their own and their own story arcs in the IDW verse. The possibilities are endless. ^_^
Sav C liked this
Yes, at least take a look at the preview and give the first issue a shot. Based on cryptic post or two from Erik and the loglines for #1 and #2, it sounds like the two teams don't meet until around #3 so in theory, there should be some story foundation being laid down among both universes and about equal coverage. But yeah, in general, I'm a little concerned about all the new characters being added lately and crossovers. But I guess it's inevitable the scale of the stories have to increase.

Here's all 6 regular covers combined for 101 (spoiler about IDW Kevin if you look close enough)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3IhScdVUAAc2oE.jpg:large

Another Lattie cover was posted. Based a WIP from last month, it's the one for #3.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/824758553948729344
Last edited by mrmichaelt on January 26th, 2017, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JurorNo.2
mrmichaelt wrote:Yes, at least take a look at the preview and give the first issue a shot. Based on cryptic post or two from Erik and the loglines for #1 and #2, it sounds like the two teams don't meet until around #3 so in theory, there should be some story foundation being laid down among both universes and about equal coverage.

Here's all 6 regular covers combined for 101 (spoiler about IDW Kevin if you look close enough)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3IhScdVUAAc2oE.jpg:large

Another Lattie cover was posted. Based a WIP from last month, it's the one for #3.
Ooo, really like that first one!

What do we think of the Breakfast Club shot? I do kinda like the intimacy of it (is that weird? lol). And obviously it's good symbolism since The Breakfast Club is about different types of people coming together.
mrmichaelt liked this
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:Another Lattie cover was posted. Based a WIP from last month, it's the one for #3.
:lol:
This Post Contains Spoilers
mrmichaelt liked this
Fritz wrote::lol:
And "Cannonball Run II" ;)
Last edited by mrmichaelt on January 26th, 2017, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TB3
In short, bring it on!
JurorNo.2, Sister liked this
By mrmichaelt
TB3 wrote:
Yeah, I think those are leylines as well.

The X is definitely a nod to the map Erin writes on at in GB2016.
http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/File ... img020.jpg
*The upper left spot is the Wailing Wall in the Thrift Store
*The x on the lower left line is the Wailing Spirit
*The lower left spot behind Kylie is Stonebrook Theatre in Downtown
*Center is Mercado Hotel obviously
*Upper right spot is Aldridge Mansion
*The x on the lower right line is the Spectral Polar Bear
*The lower right spot is the Seward Street Subway

But the 'bowtie' - those look 3 names look like reference to Orion's Belt aka The Three Sisters aka Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka. I recall in some mythology, there were said to be part of a sword or something.
gboy6 wrote:Looks like they were inspired by or had input from Tristan Jones:
https://www.gbfans.com/fans/art/extreme ... ers/13924/
From what I've learned, it's actually a coincidence that both Kevin and Tristan's take on Garrett from back in the day both have a transtibial prosthetic. The inspiration is actually from Erik Burnham's past but I'm sure he'll reveal it when he's ready.
mrmichaelt wrote:
gboy6 wrote:Looks like they were inspired by or had input from Tristan Jones:
https://www.gbfans.com/fans/art/extreme ... ers/13924/
From what I've learned, it's actually a coincidence that both Kevin and Tristan's take on Garrett from back in the day both have a transtibial prosthetic. The inspiration is actually from Erik Burnham's past but I'm sure he'll reveal it when he's ready.
Erik also said this lately last month regarding Garrett:
Also… Garrett isn’t the only disabled character in the Ghostbusters franchise – not anymore. (You’ll see more on that real soon!)
http://worldofthepsychic.tumblr.com/pos ... -so-theyve
mrmichaelt liked this
By Christof
Good eye, Michael, Orion'so belt is known as Kalevi's Sword in Finnish mythology. It could be a hint of a bigger plot to come, or just a nod to International's Finn heavy storyline, considering all the other Ley lines seem to run through locations from Gb16.
mrmichaelt liked this
Looks like the annual still isn't out, at least in the UK. Anyone have any word? Notice that IDW can manage to get BTTF and Transformers stuff out this week, as poor old GB gets stiffed again.
robbritton wrote:Looks like the annual still isn't out, at least in the UK. Anyone have any word? Notice that IDW can manage to get BTTF and Transformers stuff out this week, as poor old GB gets stiffed again.
Quick check shows it's on Diamond and Comixology's release list of today still. iTunes has it if I'm looking at the page right.
robbritton liked this
By robbritton
Apparently Forbidden Planet are getting it "maybe next week". What a shambles. Off to online retailers for this one, I reckon.
zeta otaku wrote:I got it... what a fun read :D The final page was AWESOME and I can't wait for Ghostbusters 101... and the Origins of Slimer was amazing :D

The Origin of Slimer story made me laugh so hard I dropped the comic book. :) Yeah as if I wasn't pumped enough for Ghostbusters 101 that last page sealed the deal for me. :):):)
Alphagaia, zeta otaku liked this
By zeta otaku
I gotta say, the entire comic was more comedy focused than I'm used to from the book normally, but man, did everything hit :D The Second City Ghostbusters story was great... and really cemented my dislike of Ron... like... I REALLY dislike Ron and that's what makes that team dynamic work. After the 101 arc, I wouldn't mind seeing a couple issues dedicated solely on that team. So... 101 starts in March, right?

-starts reading from issue 1 again-
ANNUAL 2017

Where Winston Was
Haunted America
Second City Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters 101 Prelude
The Origins of Slimer
Pagan's Bust
All That Glitters
But Wait -- There's More!
Answering The Call
Easter eggs so far
Last edited by mrmichaelt on February 7th, 2017, 12:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]