Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By TB3
Thanks for the find mrmichaelt...

...and wow, so much being teased here!
This Post Contains Spoilers
Can't wait to see more of this, along with Ghostbusters 101!
By PssdffJay
I try not to spoil anything for myself so I avoid this thread but wasn't the annual supposed to be out tomorrow? I just had notification from my local shop and it's not in my list that is pulled.
PssdffJay wrote:I try not to spoil anything for myself so I avoid this thread but wasn't the annual supposed to be out tomorrow? I just had notification from my local shop and it's not in my list that is pulled.
Diamond's Previews World page was updated today, surprisingly, and it's been pushed back to February 1st. :(
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV160466
By Sister
mrmichaelt wrote:
PssdffJay wrote:Boo urns. Thanks. I was looking forward to it tomorrow.
Me, too. Me, too. At this point, I'm liking the DMV more than Diamond Publishing. :sigh:
I work at a comic book store, and believe me, all the employees have a beef or ten with Diamond.
Man, again?! Surely there must be some other way to do this? IDW must be concerned, right? Sheesh.

Still, you saved me a futile trip into town, so thanks chaps!
Yeah... wish I checked here before driving to my comic shop... at least I'm up to date on the Diamond Select figures...

I gotta ask, were there any other books delayed? I feel like Ghostbusters is always delayed at least a week.
Interview with Burnham and Waltz:
https://previewsworld.com/Article/18920 ... usters-101

-The bones of 101 were born during San Diego Comic Con 2016 between Erik Burnham and Tom Waltz.

-It was going to be a smaller story, with the guys straight-up teaching their trade in between busts.

-Ghost Corps suggested introducing the Answer The Call (ATC) cast to the multiverse.

-The title of the mini series was suggested by Waltz since it centers on students learning the basics of ghostbusting and the ATC cast learning more about other dimensions.

-The ATC team will both take it as a rude shock and a cause for relief there are other Ghostbusters.

-101 starts with the students Ray has decided to start teaching and they're made aware of the interdimensional technology the Ghostbusters have been experimenting with. They decide to play with it themselves and that leads to the problem at hand

-After Ghostbusters 101 there is a possibility that "one of the major comic book events of the next few years will feature the Ghostbusters... lots and lots of Ghostbusters."
zeta otaku wrote:I gotta ask, were there any other books delayed? I feel like Ghostbusters is always delayed at least a week.
Yes, I think some others were delayed like that Batman/TMNT Adventures mini-series. I'm no expert but looking at sales estimates issue to issue, the delays hurt the numbers.
zeta otaku, Alphagaia, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:Interview with Burnham and Waltz:

-The bones of 101 were born during San Diego Comic Con 2016 between Erik Burnham and Tom Waltz.

-It was going to be a smaller story, with the guys straight-up teaching their trade in between busts.

-Ghost Corps suggested introducing the Answer The Call (ATC) cast to the multiverse.

-The title of the mini series was suggested by Waltz since it centers on students learning the basics of ghostbusting and the ATC cast learning more about other dimensions.

-The ATC team will both take it as a rude shock and a cause for relief there are other Ghostbusters.

-101 starts with the students Ray has decided to start teaching and they're made aware of the interdimensional technology the Ghostbusters have been experimenting with. They decide to play with it themselves and that leads to the problem at hand

-After Ghostbusters 101 there is a possibility that "one of the major comic book events of the next few years will feature the Ghostbusters... lots and lots of Ghostbusters."
zeta otaku wrote:I gotta ask, were there any other books delayed? I feel like Ghostbusters is always delayed at least a week.
Yes, I think some others were delayed like that Batman/TMNT Adventures mini-series. I'm no expert but looking at sales estimates issue to issue, the delays hurt the numbers.
Wow! Just Wow! When they said on a couple of past tweets about Ghostbusters 101 being the tip of the iceberg. After reading this I guess they weren't kidding. :).

I think it is safe to say that if all goes as planned Dan Aykroyd's original concept for Ghostbusters will have come full circle. Lots and Lots of Ghostbusters.

I am pretty confident that everything will go according to plan. Ghost Corps putting out more films and a cartoon and a possibility of 3 more years of comic books. ;) The world of Ghostbusters keeps getting bigger and I am having a hard time containing My SQUEE. :):):)

This is just so much fun. :):):)
Alphagaia, *NormalGamer*, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
philmorgan81 wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Interview with Burnham and Waltz:

Wow! Just Wow! When they said on a couple of past tweets about Ghostbusters 101 being the tip of the iceberg. After reading this I guess they weren't kidding. :).

I think it is safe to say that if all goes as planned Dan Aykroyd's original concept for Ghostbusters will have come full circle. Lots and Lots of Ghostbusters.

I am pretty confident that everything will go according to plan. Ghost Corps putting out more films and a cartoon and a possibility of 3 more years of comic books. ;) The world of Ghostbusters keeps getting bigger and I am having a hard time containing My SQUEE. :):):)

This is just so much fun. :):):)
@ *referring to bold*

Indeed; Aykroyd longer has to rely on just cinema to make his idea that he originally wanted for the franchise to become reality when it's already being done well by Erik and Co. in the IDW verse and beyond.

Very exciting news. Great to see the GB lore keep expanding. ^_^
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

2 Things

1. The 4th hardcover is revealed to be titled "Interdimensional Cross Rip", features Ecto-1, and releases September 2017 (Amazon is the 26th so main date should be September 13).

It collects Annual 2015, Get Real #1-4 and Ghostbusters International #1-11. Forward by Ivan Reitman.

Link: Amazon's Pre-Order page

2. Annual 2017 was moved back to this Wednesday January 25 as of tonight on Diamond's Previews page.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on January 23rd, 2017, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*NormalGamer* liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

mrmichaelt wrote:2 Things

1. The 4th hardcover is revealed to be titled "International Cross Rip", features Ecto-1, and releases September 2017 (Amazon is the 26th so main date should be September 13).

It collects Annual 2015, Get Real #1-4 and Ghostbusters International #1-11. Forward by Ivan Reitman.

Link: Amazon's Pre-Order page

2. Annual 2017 was moved back to this Wednesday January 25 as of tonight on Diamond's Previews page.

@ *referring to bold*

Looks like another book to add to my list to buy alongside past GB hardcover books.
mrmichaelt liked this
By GabOchoa

There's also a deluxe HC version of the TMN/GB comic coming out: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16314 ... UTF8&psc=1

Amazon description: This oversized Deluxe Edition features extra art, creator annotations, and more!

Release date: April 2017

- edit: nevermind, I saw it was already announced in the other thread
theweecrow wrote:Wait, the regular cover says Jan 25th and the alternate cover says Feb 1st, for the Annual on Previewsworld. So... which is it?
We'll soon find out. But there's the chance some shops will get it this week and some last week. That has happened in the past.
1. As of 6 am Eastern, I'm leaning towards February 1 for Annual 2017
*Comixology: Annual 2017 page has TBD and it is MIA from this and next week's release pages.
*Previews World (Diamond): Annual 2017 pages still at January 25 for regular cover and February 1 for sub. MIA from this and next week's release pages
*iTunes: Annual 2017 is still on pre-order and listed for February 1.

EDIT 8:43 am Eastern: It's on Previews World's list for next week's release. So looks to be February 1.
https://www.previewsworld.com/NewReleas ... e=2/1/2017

2. April solicits finally loaded.
Ghostbusters 101 #2
FEB170435
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
Holtzmann and crew have been minding their own business and busting their own ghosts, when something even stranger starts going on in their neighborhood -- and it's noticeable. Their minds and their city are being subtly altered... but why? It probably has something to do with trouble started in the neighboring parallel dimension of the original Ghostbusters... but they don't know that yet! The crossover you've all demanded continues here!
• Straight outta the 2016 film, the Answer the Call Ghostbusters make their comic book debut! Abby, Patty, Erin and Holtzmann join forces with Winston, Egon, Ray and Venkman for some bombastic ghostbustin' insanity!
• Written and illustrated by the fan-favorite and critically-acclaimed creative team of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening and Luis Antonio Delgado.
• Featuring the second of six-interconnected covers by Schoening and Delgado.
• Retailer incentive covers feature photos of the Original and ATF Ghostbusters casts!
In Shops: Apr 05, 2017
As always, just the initial date. It will be shoved back to April 26 at the least eventually.

The regular cover has Winston, Kylie, and Abby. https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB170435

It seems that Lattie cover shown last month was actually the sub cover for Issue #2. https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB170436

Photo cover (RI-A) is Egon from first movie. https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/FEB170437

EDIT: There's a second cover RI-B with Holtzmann on it. http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/File ... olicit.jpg It was on articles for the solicit like Comic Book Resources but isn't on Previews World for some reason.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on January 25th, 2017, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeta otaku wrote:Here's a first look at Ghostbusters 101 (maybe the annual coming out the first? no idea if the annual is part of 101)

http://ghostbustersnews.com/2017/01/25/ ... ic-series/
Wow. Both teams are looking good; can't wait to see more of it. ^_^
zeta otaku wrote:Here's a first look at Ghostbusters 101 (maybe the annual coming out the first? no idea if the annual is part of 101)

Nice!

The annual is just an annual. 101 is a mini-series after it in terms of chronology. But the annual does have some teasers set up that leads into 101.
By mrmichaelt
^Ha ha...Yeah.

If anyone's going to a comic book shop, I've heard Diamond's Previews January issue has a picture of all of Dan and Luis' covers for GB 101 in one image -- please snap a photo if it's true!

FYI- there's a 4th cover, the RI-B, with Holtzmann on it for GB 101 #2. It was on articles for the solicit like Comic Book Resources but isn't on Previews World for some reason.
http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/File ... olicit.jpg
zeta otaku, Alphagaia liked this
By JurorNo.2

Btw, Reddit is currently requesting we stop "forcing" this comic book on them.....Oh well. :mrgreen:
As much as I love the comic series and have faith in their story telling abilities (I trust them over Ghost Corps), I'm still really on the fence about even entertaining the idea of picking up the 101 series. I may reconsider if the emphasis isn't placed on Feig's team. If there's a balance then I may go for it. If its reboot heavy, I wont waste my money on characters that I don't like. Do need to get caught up on the Annuals though.
philmorgan81 liked this
By Alphagaia
Well they were smart enough to give both teams an even screentime in the preview, so my guess is it will be almost even, or slightly in favor of the main story characters, which are the OGB.

Also, who is who on Reddit?

I'm guessing NeverDoubt1 is Juror.
Riverofslime is Goldenhawk (or Cassidy)
Any more people from here on there?
By DarkSpectre
I'd say you're on the right track, Alpha. The creative team really do love the characters, I honestly think that they could do a better job with Feig's crew in terms of characterization than what Feig and Dippold did. Let's face it. alot of folks like the reboot but alot more like the OGB, like you said if they're smart they seek balance and not showcase the new group because of Ghost Corps demands.

Also I don't think Goldenhawk is even on Reddit.
philmorgan81 liked this
By JurorNo.2
Oh well if he is goldenhawk, I promised Kingpin I wouldn't talk to him anymore. Problem solved then. :) And if he's Cassidy, yeah, I've seen his posts here, I don't want to talk to him either.
DarkSpectre wrote:I'd say you're on the right track, Alpha. The creative team really do love the characters, I honestly think that they could do a better job with Feig's crew in terms of characterization than what Feig and Dippold did. Let's face it. alot of folks like the reboot but alot more like the OGB, like you said if they're smart they seek balance and not showcase the new group because of Ghost Corps demands.

Anyway, I do think the comic will lean toward the OGB, they obviously have more of a history to start with.

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]