Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #36 (V2#20)
This Post Contains Spoilers
I guess I should say a few more words of parting, but the silver lining is...we're not done yet. The Ghostbusters series may be gone, but the entire team of creators is back next month with a Ninja Turtle crossover. So four more months of IDW Ghostbusters goodness to go!

See you then!
By YoZiggy
Fritz wrote:Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #36 (V2#20)
I would really hope that this isn't implying anything other than our favorite red headed receptionist. I noticed the remark too, and hoped that it was a related incident, but there's really no telling when there isn't an answer at some point in a later issue. I would just hate to know,
that it was implying other things.

I suppose I read too much into it. That, or I secretly hoped there would be some sort of resolve to this three year old question.
By mrmichaelt
zeigkl wrote:I would really hope that this isn't implying anything other than our favorite red headed receptionist. I noticed the remark too, and hoped that it was a related incident, but there's really no telling when there isn't an answer at some point in a later issue. I would just hate to know

I suppose I read too much into it. That, or I secretly hoped there would be some sort of resolve to this three year old question.
No, I thought it, too. I even thought Egon's line was related to that case at a Yonkers wedding chapel he mentioned in Volume 1 Issue #14.
By YoZiggy
mrmichaelt wrote:
zeigkl wrote:I would really hope that this isn't implying anything other than our favorite red headed receptionist. I noticed the remark too, and hoped that it was a related incident, but there's really no telling when there isn't an answer at some point in a later issue. I would just hate to know

No, I thought it, too. I even thought Egon's line was related to that case at a Yonkers wedding chapel he mentioned in Volume 1 Issue #14.
I had completely forgotten that it was a chapel he made mention of. Hopefully, if Volume 3 ever happens, it will give us an answer. But probably not. Haha :sigh:
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
zeigkl wrote:I had completely forgotten that it was a chapel he made mention of. Hopefully, if Volume 3 ever happens, it will give us an answer. But probably not. Haha :sigh:
Yeah, I doubt it unless someone at Sony says it can be done.
By Fritz
I wonder if maybe it's a bit of an in-joke based on that early draft of GB1's script that had them getting married in Vegas with (sick irony of sick ironies in hindsight) Louis Tully as witness? I dunno...the idea is hard to reconcile with the portrayal of Egon as basically clueless and/or unsure about the whole thing all throughout the IDW series. Unless Mister Burnham wants to touch on it later and gets a chance to, we may never know.
By YoZiggy
Fritz wrote:I wonder if maybe it's a bit of an in-joke based on that early draft of GB1's script that had them getting married in Vegas with (sick irony of sick ironies in hindsight) Louis Tully as witness? I dunno...the idea is hard to reconcile with the portrayal of Egon as basically clueless and/or unsure about the whole thing all throughout the IDW series. Unless Mister Burnham wants to touch on it later and gets a chance to, we may never know.
That actually makes, but I do agree that his behavior doesn't really fit that possibility. Unless of course he's in extreme denial of the situation. But knowing Egon's ability to hide his feelings (cough), it's difficult to tell. I do admit though, it's actually kind of fun to think about the different scenarios that this may work in fans' favors.

Any thoughts, Erik? ;)
By Peterson
Finally got and finished the last two issues!

Ow, DAMMIT, my emotions! :(
By YoZiggy
Peterson wrote:Finally got and finished the last two issues!

Ow, DAMMIT, my emotions! :(
I don't mean to sound naive here, but I'm still a bit confused on the photographer from Queens reference. Perhaps I've forgotten? I'm not sure.
By Peterson
I was saying that I couldn't believe I didn't get the reference because...
Still went right over my head at the time. As Egon says, "I would have arrived there eventually. It's a process." ;)
By YoZiggy
Peterson wrote:I was saying that I couldn't believe I didn't get the reference because...
Still went right over my head at the time. As Egon says, "I would have arrived there eventually. It's a process." ;)
Ohhhhhhh! Yeah, I wouldn't have gotten it. Now I feel silly.
By Ghostbuster-Adem84
It's sad to see this comic series finish, it was one of the comics I look forward to seeing each month. It had abit of everything a fan could ask for. Fantastic writing with great art and colouring. It's been a hell of a ride ladies and gents and here's to hoping we get a third volume sometime very soon! Cheers to everyone involved from issue one :)
mrmichaelt liked this
By YoZiggy
Fritz wrote:
zeigkl wrote:I don't mean to sound naive here, but I'm still a bit confused on the photographer from Queens reference. Perhaps I've forgotten? I'm not sure.
It's a reference to a Spider-Man story. Peter Parker is the "photographer from Queens"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_One_More_Day
I just realized you responded back to me. Sorry about that! I've been using the mobile version due to a lack of home internet.
By mrmichaelt
Ghostbuster-Adem84 wrote:It's sad to see this comic series finish, it was one of the comics I look forward to seeing each month. It had abit of everything a fan could ask for. Fantastic writing with great art and colouring. It's been a hell of a ride ladies and gents and here's to hoping we get a third volume sometime very soon! Cheers to everyone involved from issue one :)
Well, said. If you're not or one the fence, please support and buy the TMNT cross over miniseries that starts in less than 2 weeks. Every little bit helps let IDW know there's still interest from the fans.

I think the first thing I'll bug Erik about is how much time passes between #20 and #1. :sigh:
By LandoSystem
I hope the upcoming crossover is huge for IDW. Everyone who comes in my local shop is talking about it. I'm very excited.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
I cannot wait until the first issue arrives!

I would like to get the Kevin Eastman cover to have in my comic book collection, along with the Heroes and Hellions variant cover that I pre-ordered.
By Kingpin
Spook Central has posted a preview of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters #1, and so far it's already showing off what we've come to expect of the IDW crew :) :

Link

Due out on the 22nd of October.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Oh, we're still going to use this thread. Cool.

Neat they got 3 artists for different eras/universe. Annoyed there's more covers, but my fault for being a completest.

As for this new villain, my guess is Chi You based on the bull image on page one.

Neat. That looks to be
By Kingpin
Which also served as the Daily Planet in the Reeve Superman movies (the giveaway was the glasses on the desk).

We have the topic here, so makes sense to keep using it I figure.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:Which also served as the Daily Planet in the Reeve Superman movies (the giveaway was the glasses on the desk).

We have the topic here, so makes sense to keep using it I figure.
It's also funny they used that building since it's located in the Turtle Bay neighborhood of Midtown.

Anyway, turns out I was right. The villain is Chi-You. CBR posted a preview that has a few more pages from the start of the issue.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page ... w&id=24133
By groschopf
For those of you that prefer digital comics or ca't make it to a store, the Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters issue #1 is available online as of an hour and a half ago:

iTunes/iBooks Store -- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters #1

... apparently, I've become some sort of pro-bono advertiser.
Then again, I hate going to the store only to find that the book I wanted sold out ten minutes after the store unlocked its doors.

New alternate title for the series:
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Got a copy of the first issue of the Ghostbusters/ TMNT crossover today. I read it as soon as I got home, it was a blast.
Cannot wait until my Heroes and Hellions variant cover arrives in the mail.
By mrmichaelt
Muromachi
TMNT
Ghostbusters
Easter Eggs so far
By M.Thunder
Are the IDW forums not working for anyone else? Every time sign in, it directs me to my profile page and won't let me access the forums themselves.

Anyway, got my Turtles comic. It is awesome and shiney and took me exactly 1 Pumpkin Spice Latte's length of time to read, which worked out perfectly. It's impressive what Erik managed to do considering the shear number of characters he had to get where they needed to go. And the art continues to rock, which should surprise nobody.
By mrmichaelt
M.Thunder wrote:Are the IDW forums not working for anyone else? Every time sign in, it directs me to my profile page and won't let me access the forums themselves.
I had that problem over the weekend. Deleted my cache a couple times and tried changing my password.
considering the shear number of characters he had to get where they needed to go. And the art continues to rock, which should surprise nobody.
That was a big load of characters. Plus they had to introduce a new character in the TMNT canon and connect the dots plus working to make the story matter to both canons...

EDIT: Ah, I think the device Don has in the GBverse is the
By robbritton
Very happy with this crossover. I've not really engaged with the Turtles since the 1990 film came out, but it just feels like a continuation of the GB ongoing, and that alone made my day!
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@mrmichaelt Yes, the device that Donatello is seen using when the Turtles arrive in the Ghostbusters dimension is visually based on the communicator that Shredder used to contact Krang with in the 1987 cartoon series. I too also noticed the red Neutrino star cruiser parked on the street when Ecto 1 passes the Channel 6 news van.
By mrmichaelt
Found a couple more things
Peter Venkman Jr. wrote:@mrmichaelt Yes, the device that Donatello is seen using when the Turtles arrive in the Ghostbusters dimension is visually based on the communicator that Shredder used to contact Krang with in the 1987 cartoon series. I too also noticed the red Neutrino star cruiser parked on the street when Ecto 1 passes the Channel 6 news van.
Thanks!

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]