Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
mrmichaelt wrote: May 31st, 2018, 4:39 pm I'm pleased the Bryan Welsh name is still honored from time to time. So it seems Ron is the only one with a college degree in the Chicago Ghostbusters - which I think was from one of Tristan's PCOC pages - a Bachelor of Arts and Sciences then recently on his card, it was revealed he never finished his Doctoral studies in Engineering.

And unless there's going to be a card for Kim, the secretary, that finishes up the Chicago Ghostbusters.

And in the comments section, Erik confirmed the Stylized video game's universe to be Dimension 11-W.

EDIT: First 3 pages of Crossing Over #3

https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 1920bb.jpg

https://is1-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 1920bb.jpg

https://is4-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thum ... 1920bb.jpg
@ *referring to bold*

Nice. Another dimension established in the IDW canon. ^_^
*NormalGamer* wrote: May 31st, 2018, 4:50 pmNice. Another dimension established in the IDW canon. ^_^
So then that would also mean the Nintendo dimension is established as 35-N just like that. It makes me think. We easily guessed that Tiamat will be back and identified NES and 11-W with the clues they gave us. Perhaps Louis Tully isn't the biggest curveball they've set aside for us.
*NormalGamer* liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote: May 31st, 2018, 6:20 pm
*NormalGamer* wrote: May 31st, 2018, 4:50 pmNice. Another dimension established in the IDW canon. ^_^
So then that would also mean the Nintendo dimension is established as 35-N just like that. It makes me think. We easily guessed that Tiamat will be back and identified NES and 11-W with the clues they gave us. Perhaps Louis Tully isn't the biggest curveball they've set aside for us.
Tom revealed the 35-N designation in a past tweet. I believe the last dimension designation left to be revealed are the Penguin-Hunters from the Tokyo ESP anime. Maybe ESP turned to 59-E?

Well, if Tiamat is involved -- we can pretty much assume something terrible will happen to one of the Prime Ghostbusters at the end -- and make fans looks side eyes at Erik for a couple months. :P
If Tiamat DOES do that, which one would it be? It already kinda messed with Venkman last time, took part of Winston's soul, Egon's been dead already, and Ray has not only been a conduit for it's brother Gozer, but also had his girlfriend murdered by a demi-god (right? It was damn powerful at least). Who has something left to lose?!

Maybe Tiamat will see the dimension jumping as a serious threat and destroy the portal itself ALONG with the knowledge on how to build it from the minds of the tech gifted Ghostbusters?
zeta otaku wrote: May 31st, 2018, 7:23 pmIf Tiamat DOES do that, which one would it be? It already kinda messed with Venkman last time, took part of Winston's soul, Egon's been dead already, and Ray has not only been a conduit for it's brother Gozer, but also had his girlfriend murdered by a demi-god (right? It was damn powerful at least). Who has something left to lose?!
Janine or Kylie, I'd bet.
zeta otaku wrote: May 31st, 2018, 7:23 pmMaybe Tiamat will see the dimension jumping as a serious threat and destroy the portal itself ALONG with the knowledge on how to build it from the minds of the tech gifted Ghostbusters?
Yes, please. :P
zeta otaku liked this
While I don't mind the interdimensional cross-overs, after this, it NEEDS to take a back seat for a while. I'm just hoping Tiamat isn't going to be used as a reset button... I know IDW is rebooting their Transformers line (I THINK G.I. Joe as well?), but I'd be quite sad if they did the same with Ghostbusters.
mrmichaelt, Sayscalled liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 1st, 2018, 6:23 pm Here's Spook Central's preview for Crossing Over Issue #3.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 044&type=3
Just noticed that the 101 cadets are joining in the fun; guess we should see trading cards of them, later. ^_^
mrmichaelt wrote: May 31st, 2018, 6:45 pmSomething terrible will happen to one of the Prime Ghostbusters at the end -- and make fans looks side eyes at Erik for a couple months. :P
Here I am, just sitting here, waiting for the oft-predicted ass-pull to happen :mrgreen:
Just finished reading the SC preview. Perhaps the super-key last page of the issue will reveal that Peck was talking to Tiamat :-P All kidding aside, it's either Janine or Kevin T or Ron....or Tiamat disguised as anyone from the Primeverse.
Last edited by HauntedWallflower on June 1st, 2018, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: May 31st, 2018, 7:23 pm If Tiamat DOES do that, which one would it be? It already kinda messed with Venkman last time, took part of Winston's soul, Egon's been dead already, and Ray has not only been a conduit for it's brother Gozer, but also had his girlfriend murdered by a demi-god (right? It was damn powerful at least). Who has something left to lose?!

When was this???

Maybe Tiamat will see the dimension jumping as a serious threat and destroy the portal itself ALONG with the knowledge on how to build it from the minds of the tech gifted Ghostbusters?
Last edited by Sayscalled on June 1st, 2018, 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HauntedWallflower wrote: June 1st, 2018, 7:09 pm
Sayscalled wrote: June 1st, 2018, 7:05 pmWhen was this??
They're referring to when Aibell shattered Jenny for blasting the cursed grimoire in GB International. Of course, Aibell was a Faerie Queene, which is more god than demi-god (?).
Yeah, I'm pretty sure in subsequent issues, text in bios or in dialogue referred to her as a goddess.
HauntedWallflower wrote: June 1st, 2018, 7:09 pm
Sayscalled wrote: June 1st, 2018, 7:05 pmWhen was this??
They're referring to when Aibell shattered Jenny for blasting the cursed grimoire in GB International. Of course, Aibell was a Faerie Queene, which is more god than demi-god (?).
Ah, yes... I had a brain fart. Thank you.

Regarding the idea of Tiamat destroying the dimensional door... I wouldn't mind that. I mean, I'd miss not having the gateway, but it would provide for a clean slate. Alternatively, it would be interesting if some Busters were dimensionally 'displaced' after it happened.
mrmichaelt liked this
I want Janine to face Tiamat and "accidentally" restore Winston and Tiyah's marriage back to their timeline. Perhaps in the Louis Tully issue, she might have to talk him down into catching whatever ghosts he's not letting the gang catch. Or, just like how Dana the Mental Projection appeared instead of Dana the Character, we might not get Prime Louis, but a Louis from another dimension.
Sayscalled liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote: June 1st, 2018, 7:23 pm I want Janine to face Tiamat and "accidentally" restore Winston and Tiyah's marriage back to their timeline. Perhaps in the Louis Tully issue, she might have to talk him down into catching whatever ghosts he's not letting the gang catch. Or, just like how Dana the Mental Projection appeared instead of Dana the Character, we might not get Prime Louis, but a Louis from another dimension.
I got it. What if Louis Tully is Peck's second pick for the new PCOC liaison after Janine turns him down and that's why the #6 logline says he's standing in their way?
mrmichaelt wrote: June 1st, 2018, 7:28 pmI got it. What if Louis Tully is Peck's second pick for the new PCOC liaison after Janine turns him down and that's why the #6 logline says he's standing in their way?
That motor-mouth? Well, since it will give Peck a headache to hear him drone endlessly, sure, why not? Perhaps Egon will start making flowcharts again....
Sayscalled liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote: June 1st, 2018, 7:32 pmThat motor-mouth? Well, since it will give Peck a headache to hear him drone endlessly, sure, why not? Perhaps Egon will start making flowcharts again....
Ha ha. Think of it - had prior work experience with the NY branch, can easily slip into a bureaucratic job since he's an accountant (no offense intended to any accountants here), the Vol 2 #20 finale mentioned he thought about starting a franchise in Florida but backed off - a PCOC job is a best of both worlds compromise -- he's still involved with Ghostbusters... I can't see Peck offering the job to Kylie - she's only experienced in running the bookstore, research and busting - nor Kevin because he's just starting working for the GBs.

EDIT: Or maybe it is Kylie since she was in the warehouse and the person talking to Peck in the preview was there.
HauntedWallflower wrote: June 5th, 2018, 4:07 pmVTC #31 is :kylie: , the best EGB in most opinions. :love:
Finally. Can't wait to see Roland's :roland: card next 'if' it does come on thursday. ^_^

And grundelesque is one of my favorite EGB episodes.
HauntedWallflower liked this
Hmm, I wonder if the implication is these Extreme Ghostbusters haven't gone through the events of "Grundelesque" yet. Or simply, Kylie was permanently scarred. I figured the bio would mention her parents divorcing or her great grandma Rose.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 5th, 2018, 4:38 pmHmm, I wonder if the implication is these Extreme Ghostbusters haven't gone through the events of "Grundelesque" yet. Or simply, Kylie was permanently scarred. I figured the bio would mention her parents divorcing or her great grandma Rose.
Or the Achira incident.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 5th, 2018, 4:38 pm Hmm, I wonder if the implication is these Extreme Ghostbusters haven't gone through the events of "Grundelesque" yet. Or simply, Kylie was permanently scarred. I figured the bio would mention her parents divorcing or her great grandma Rose.
If they haven't gone through that, have they gone done the time travel rabbit hole that is "Ghost Apocalyptic Future" yet?

Tempus could make things interesting for every crew involved -- or, at the very least, explain some of the dynamics at play.
groschopf wrote: June 5th, 2018, 7:32 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: June 5th, 2018, 4:38 pm Hmm, I wonder if the implication is these Extreme Ghostbusters haven't gone through the events of "Grundelesque" yet. Or simply, Kylie was permanently scarred. I figured the bio would mention her parents divorcing or her great grandma Rose.
If they haven't gone through that, have they gone done the time travel rabbit hole that is "Ghost Apocalyptic Future" yet?

Tempus could make things interesting for every crew involved -- or, at the very least, explain some of the dynamics at play.
With the talk of time travel mentioned in the upcoming Crossing Over #3, Tempus would indeed bring some interesting twists and may perhaps be one of the ghosts that will probably play a beefed up role as Erik and Co. mentioned earlier. We will just have to see what happens.
groschopf liked this

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]