Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
The shop I frequent had everything in except the #3 second printing. Anyone else?

Looking at the #2 second printing cover, anyone spot the entities? I think so far he confirmed the Gulper Ghost in the middle. Wondering what else are easter eggs...
By Threadender
mrmichaelt wrote:The shop I frequent had everything in except the #3 second printing. Anyone else?

Looking at the #2 second printing cover, anyone spot the entities? I think so far he confirmed the Gulper Ghost in the middle. Wondering what else are easter eggs...
None at my bookstore. Either he's just not getting the variations or there's another GB fan in my town. :whatever:
By ECT0-1
Here's an Easter egg easy to miss: the helicopter pilot is based on Roger Murdock from AIRPLANE!, as played by Kareem Abdul-Jabaar.

The map in the PCOC section is from Making Ghostbusters.

Also in PCOC, the bag of Stay Puft Marshmallows is actually the fan made bag Guyver posted about here back in 2009 (look carefully at the two photos, the marshmallow imperfections are the same).
By TristanJones
mrmichaelt wrote: Looking at the #2 second printing cover, anyone spot the entities? I think so far he confirmed the Gulper Ghost in the middle. Wondering what else are easter eggs...
There's a terror dog, the taxi driver, three imps annnnd... I think that's it...!
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote: Looking at the #2 second printing cover, anyone spot the entities? I think so far he confirmed the Gulper Ghost in the middle. Wondering what else are easter eggs...
There's a terror dog, the taxi driver, three imps annnnd... I think that's it...!
Thanks! Got to take another look at the cover now.
By Kingpin
I finally got issue 4 today, and on the whole I greatly enjoyed it, it's already segueing into the next story involving Fantastic Land.

But, if I had to detail some criticism... it's that I felt the issue could've been a five parter.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Despite that, like I said, very enjoyable, and I look forward to the next story when it starts in January. I also like how Peck is an ongoing annoyance, but not an out-and-out villain, it leaves room for PCOC and the Ghostbusters to work together for the greater good some day.
By ECT0-1
To be fair, Ben, there IS another similar building to the Shandor at 241 Central Park West on 84th Street. So, having the two buildings, while initially confusing, could actually be done. Actually, if my GB comics had continued as I'd hoped I had planned to use 241 as a back-up Shandor building constructed by Shandor.

241:

55:
By Kingpin
Spooky (no pun intended), yeah, I can see the similarities, helps that it was designed by the same architects as 55 Central Park West. Speaking of 241, there's a metal model that can be purchased of it:

Link
By MotherPussBucket
So, the question is...not how many copies you've bought, but how many people you've gotten to buy the book? I've got 9 people at my local comic store purchasing the book.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:The final battle with Idulnas seemed frustratingly short following the build-up over the past three issues, as well as his threats in the presence of, and away from the Ghostbusters... the battle with Stay Puft helped create a more definite ending, but I felt Idulnas's demise was over far too quickly, even if there's a good chance he'll show up again.
True, most of the busts in this arc weren't that long in term of page count. But I agree, wish they got at least one shot in on Idulnas with one of the packs before he 'twirled his mustache,' did his 'fiddlesticks speech' then hightailed it out of there.
Kingpin wrote:As for Jim, well, based on all the other members of the Gozerian pantheon, Zuul, Vinc, Gozer himself... and Egon's commentary back in issue 2, I'd guess poor Jim Silvers bit the dust once he was infested with Idulnas.
True, through the arc I was thinking there was a shot at Silver getting saved since Dana and Louis pulled through at the end of the first movie. But I guess the crossing the streams helped those two out.
JayTigran wrote:Love the different styles of equipment from various sources like the EGB Proton Pack, or the Ecto-Grenades from The Bogeyman Cometh
The interesting thing while the Proton Grenade is unchanged in design from the Ghost Bomb, Winston's pack is a conglomerate of EGB equipment; the pack is the Extreme Ghostbusters version and the thrower looks more like Egon's Field Projector from "Killjoys" but with a Proton Cannister attached. At least I think so... Mr. Schoening?
By Fritz
After a delay due to holidays and a bout of sheer laziness...

Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #4:

Things I Liked About Ghostbusters #4:
Things I Didn't Like So Much About Ghostbusters #4:
See you next month.
By TristanJones
Fritz wrote: I will also register a note of dissent to the prevailing opinion of "Whoa! You're gonna put in the Rookies from both version of the Video Game! Cool!" I won't say it's a bad idea; I'm going to wait and see what happens, but on the whole, stories that start with "Ray, Egon, Peter, Winston, and some character you've never heard of before get out of the ECTO-1" is the start of very many of the worst fan fictions.

Now, I will say I'll give IDW some rope on this one. I liked Extreme Ghostbusters, after all, and want to see if IDW can take these three ciphers and actually make them worth the affection they get despite not having any discernable personalities or even a word of dialog. But one word of warning: I enjoyed EGB because it really was about the new characters; the old guard guest starred to various extents, but it was the new guys' show. (The fact that RGB had been off the air for six years helped too). Throwing in a bunch of new faces into a currently running project when you already feature a perfect mix of four main characters and two strong supporting characters poses its own dangers. If I read a story with them in it and my new nicknames for the Rookies are "Jason", "Catharine", and "Donald", you'll know exactly what that means.

See you next month.
People are going crazy about the rookie reference! I just thought it'd be fun to give them official names... Don't count on seeing them any time soon... or possibly ever...

in the meantime, here's something for you all to chew on...

http://instagr.am/p/eOpTI/Image
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:He did whatever he did on this right before he died, I believe...
Cool. ...Give Shrewsbury Smith his manuscript? ;)
By robbritton
Dapper Dan wrote:
robbritton, thank you for your question as well. The new pack in issue 3 is not based on the Zootfly design, however I can see the similarity. I remember seeing a trailer for the game, but it was just driving in the Ecto 1. When designing the pack, I referenced a lot of airline engines. We wanted something big and bulky that packed some punch.
Thanks for the answer! I think I have just become obsessed with looking for things where they may not be any - not that I'm complaining, though - the re-reads for references are every bit as fun!
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:
TristanJones wrote:He did whatever he did on this right before he died, I believe...
Cool. ...Give Shrewsbury Smith his manuscript? ;)
I just have to point out that according to the GBI supplement, Shrewsbury Smith died before Tobin; Smith died in 1924 and Tobin's disapperance was some time after that.

Of course, none of this is binding to IDW continuity. NOW Comics came up with their own completely different Tobin idea, after all.

:lol:
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote: I just have to point out that according to the GBI supplement, Shrewsbury Smith died before Tobin; Smith died in 1924 and Tobin's disappearance was some time after that.

Of course, none of this is binding to IDW continuity. NOW Comics came up with their own completely different Tobin idea, after all.
Yep. What was it Ray wrote - he guessed 10-15 years later he disappeared? So far so good, Mr. Jones did slip in the 2nd edition of Tobin's Spirit Guide was printed in 1937 in I think it was #3's PCOC section. In the IDW canon, so far it seems like whatever happened to him happened in the mid-30's.

I always figured there could have been two Tobin's interested in the same subject matter. ;)

EDIT: Some really cooler news than usual:
Tristan Jones is working on a 24 page back up story for Ghostbusters. Jones will both write and draw. The story will be part of the regular series in place of the PCOC material and told in six page parts over a four issue event in mid-2012. The story has nothing to do with Tobin's Spirit Guide but if this story is successful, he will pitch something to do with that in a similar format to what this story will be.
Tweet
Tweet
Rough Sketches
Jones' Facebook convo

And the PCOC stuff will be in the upcoming trade paperback after all! announcement
By Megalomaniac
I've been getting caught up on reading these new comics, since my other latest hobby(GI Joe) grabbed a lot of my attention. So here's my commentary(finally)....

I like how there's a balance being kept between keeping it movie style while throwing in elements from the RGB cartoons, like for example, Ray's pink pjs, and the Dopey Dog stuffed animal from "The Boogieman Cometh".

And the witty banter, keep it coming! Had to stifle my laughter as I was reading the comics on the bus, and didn't want people to give me weird "who is that nutter?" looks.

Third, the right balance has been struck when it comes to Janine. She's a perfect combination of her movie and RGB S1 versions. Don't change a thing with her.
By Erik Burnham
And I'm pretty sure that THIS time, Tristan's 24 page backup isn't going in the trade. (But hey, maybe I'll be wrong again!) lol.

You guys, Ghostbusters has gone and improved it's standing on Diamond's top 300 From 214 (#2) to 190 (#3) to 180 (#4.) Upward momentum is upward momentum, so thank you!!

#5 out next week!
By Josh Foote
I can't wait for #5!

You guys are really doing a great job.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Nice. Is that....

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]