Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Scottb
This Ghostsmashers arc has been awesome so far. I love the GBs having a good human antagonist (besides Peck). The Exchange between Egon and Janine was hilarious, I was getting some looks laughing at a comic book in the middle of my barber shop. It's going to be pretty exciting to see the stuff hit the fan when these spooks start to reconstruct. Do you think we will see the concerned looking blonde girl switch sides, strap on a proton pack and give the GBs a hand when things get bad?
By minnesotaghost

Look who we hung out with on Tuesday...and he gave us some secrets of future issues, that I'm not telling...
Vee liked this
By mrmichaelt
#14 - Hard to say for sure but I think in that first panel when Peter walks into the Firehouse, if you look over Janine's shoulders, she's looking at an article on the relic Samhain was trapped in, arriving in NY, just like the set up for "When Halloween Was Forever"
minnesotaghost wrote:Look who we hung out with on Tuesday...and he gave us some secrets of future issues, that I'm not telling...
Knew I should have flown to Minnesota. But so cool, thanks for sharing the photo!
Scottb wrote:Do you think we will see the concerned looking blonde girl switch sides, strap on a proton pack and give the GBs a hand when things get bad?
Jenny is visually based on Donna Dixon, the wife of a certain Dan Aykroyd...so perhaps.
TristanJones wrote:Spoke to Tom the other day, too... PCOC files officially end next issue. I'm going to be doing something else for #16. Not sure how many of you follow him on twitter but my second secret project was revealed at IDW this morning... ;)
Thanks for the update. You seem to have a LOT of projects going on at once, don't know how you do it. Looking back, the PCOC files about Sam Hain and Rachel Unglighter - were those just characters you wanted to do files on, seeding storylines, or assigned to you from up the ladder?
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:]Thanks for the update. You seem to have a LOT of projects going on at once, don't know how you do it. Looking back, the PCOC files about Sam Hain and Rachel Unglighter - were those just characters you wanted to do files on, seeding storylines, or assigned to you from up the ladder?
Erik Burnham wrote:Whenever we demanded something of Jones he said "MAKE ME."

The flight would have burned away any righteous anger, and he knew it. (;

(Seriously, now, those pages were Jones' inspiration in total.)
Yeah, those pages calling back to pre-regular series stories were very helpful. The Unglighter one smoothed over some of the headscratch-worthy material of the "Displaced Aggression" story, while the Sam Hain one did some great clarification that kept the possibility of the "real" Samhain open for possible future exploration.

I'm gonna miss Tristan's work on this series.
Razorgeist liked this
By Razorgeist
^^^As will I

Awesome issue as Erik himself pointed out it was nice to see some civility between Peck and Peter. I was sure that Peck was responsible for the Ghostsmashers rise to prominence. So that does raise the question of who gave him the proton pack specs?

Speaking of Ron well he turned out to be a bigger creep than originally thought.

One thing i really enjoy about Dan's art is the detail and subtlety. I enjoyed the slight look of concern from the blonde girl. Looking forward to the rest of this arc.
By Razorgeist
^^^I believe thats who he was modeled after. Particularly Chevy from Caddyshack. Its funny cause when he first showed up he reminded me of one of the characters from that Freddy vs Ghostbusters fan film.
By mrmichaelt
Fritz wrote:Yeah, those pages calling back to pre-regular series stories were very helpful. The Unglighter one smoothed over some of the headscratch-worthy material of the "Displaced Aggression" story
That's a good point, Fritz. Though I am relieved they aren't talkin' about The Other Side...
Fritz wrote:while the Sam Hain one did some great clarification that kept the possibility of the "real" Samhain open for possible future exploration.
He got a lot of shout outs in #14. Though it raised an eyebrow to see him listed as a Class 11 on Egon's board. heh.
Fritz wrote:I'm gonna miss Tristan's work on this series.
I'm sure he'll be back someday.
Razorgeist wrote:I was sure that Peck was responsible for the Ghostsmashers rise to prominence. So that does raise the question of who gave him the proton pack specs?
In Issue #6, Ron called in a favor from someone named Harry and he handed over the equipment specs in a diner. I recall there's more to this Harry than what made it to the issue.
Dean_WInchester wrote:does Ron share a bit of a resemblance to a young Chevy Chase?
Correct.
By Razorgeist
In Issue #6, Ron called in a favor from someone named Harry and he handed over the equipment specs in a diner. I recall there's more to this Harry than what made it to the issue.
Yeah I was sure that Harry was Peck but now it seems that the game is a foot.
By mrmichaelt
Razorgeist wrote:Yeah I was sure that Harry was Peck but now it seems that the game is a foot.
Well from what Erik hinted...
This Post Contains Spoilers
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:Actually... Harry Palmer -- a nebbish non-super spy as played by Michael Caine. (;
<slaps forehead> Ipcress File! Should have seen that. Yeah, I jumped to conclusion there, lol.
By Megalomaniac
Wow, Egon, your question to Janine was out of left field.

Totally wasn't expecting that.
By rahum
Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but in regards to the New Ghostbusters, is this a separate comic aside from the monthly comic?

Will it start at #1? Is the regular monthly comic on hold until the New Ghostbusters side story is finished?
By mrmichaelt
rahum wrote:Not sure if this has been addressed or not, but in regards to the New Ghostbusters, is this a separate comic aside from the monthly comic?

Will it start at #1? Is the regular monthly comic on hold until the New Ghostbusters side story is finished?
We don't know yet for sure (we just have the ad to speculate on right now). Around the middle of the month, the February solicit info will be released and we'll know the answer.
rahum liked this
By mrmichaelt
Razorgeist wrote:Hmm I assumed it was just a story arc in the main series.
Me, too. Such as "Haunted America" was the name of the arc for 9-12 and "Who Ya Gonna Call?" for 13-15, I thought "The New Ghostbusters" would be the name of the next arc starting in 17. But there is that "#1" at the bottom of the ad implying otherwise...but we'll see.
rahum liked this
By LandoSystem
I'm hoping the current series with the current cast will be renamed the Real Ghostbusters and a new book with the Rookie and a new cast will be the New Ghostbusters. Two ongoings would be incredible.
By Erik Burnham
Once the news drops (and Tom said he did mention what's up at a small San Diego con a few weeks ago, though it didn't seem to hit the net) I'll do one of those nifty-keen Twittercast Q&As and answer ALL QUESTIONS (that I can.)

Just remember how crazy speculation for the Mars Attacks/RGB thing got. (;

I can say this: don't worry!
rahum, minnesotaghost liked this
By hurricaneandy
Finally was able to get a copy of #14 this weekend once roads were cleared and my regular shop got power back after Sandy. Erik, thanks for replying to my earlier comments. The shop isn't exactly around the corner, so when I spend my lunch break getting all the way down there and find out the issue isn't out it can be frustrating, but you guys always make every issue worth the wait.

I love that the Ghostsmashers are led by Chevy Chase.
By Razorgeist
LandoSystem wrote:I'm hoping the current series with the current cast will be renamed the Real Ghostbusters and a new book with the Rookie and a new cast will be the New Ghostbusters. Two ongoings would be incredible.
Its too bad Trist is going on to other things I'd like to see him tackle the new series as main artist. If they are going to do another series or if this turns out to be true I'd actually like to see the new series take on a darker bend to help spice up the 2 series.
By mrmichaelt
LandoSystem wrote:I'm hoping the current series with the current cast will be renamed the Real Ghostbusters and a new book with the Rookie and a new cast will be the New Ghostbusters. Two ongoings would be incredible.
It would be if there were two sets of Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening, Luis Delgado, and Tom Waltz to tackle both. Another theory that came to mind was maybe it's a flip book (i.e. one side shows Ghostbusters #17 and in order to read the back up/extra material, you have flip the book over and there on the back is another cover that has The New Ghostbusters #1 on it).
rahum liked this
By minnesotaghost
From what a certain person told me, someone here posted what the New Ghostbusters is about...
By mrmichaelt
Erik Burnham wrote:Once the news drops (and Tom said he did mention what's up at a small San Diego con a few weeks ago, though it didn't seem to hit the net)
It was the San Diego Comic Fest from October 19-21. SDSU student volunteers shot all the videos and are still going through them. Hopefully they recorded the IDW panel on the 21st. I also noticed they had Michael Gross and Hank Mayo for a Making of Ghostbusters 2 panel on the 19th. Man, I wish I was there!
rahum liked this
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]