Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #14...Eew It Has Two Digits In It We'd Better Arrange To Restart With #1 Quick:

One of these days I'm gonna go back to not waiting two weeks after the book came out to get this done. But this isn't that day.
This Post Contains Spoilers
See everybody in a couple or three weeks.
:)
By Mick Nielson
Erik Burnham wrote:
Mick Nielson wrote:Jumpsuits with shorts? Seriously? I know its not THAT big of a deal, but it just bothers me. I never liked the style of shirking the protective clothing. Even in the RGB, and Extreme Ghostbusters, Janine and Kylie both wore uniforms that protected them, because Ghostbusting is a dangerous occupation. It just rings false to me.
...Or, you're jumping to a conclusion about the shorts on the cover. (: S'okay, that's been the default.

Let me put it like this:

I would imagine a good chunk of folks have had, at one time, a job in retail/service/etc. where they were dealing directly with customers and/or service tasks... and an upper management that never did so had a brilliant idea that didn't make any practical sense -- that's where the gag for the shorts came from; the ladies are in full jumpsuits in issue 1, the ladies are wearing jumpsuits in issue 3.

In issue 2, there are the shorts... and I think all who are irritated upon them at a glance will be amused at how it all turns out.

(And if I say any more, I spoil things I don't want to spoil!)

Long story short -- pants are practical. Dan and I know that, and of course, so do the ladies (these are not stupid characters). As ever, I hope folks will judge us on the story instead of the cover. (I will bet that people say outrage over the shorts caused us to change things, but the pants debut in-story first, so...) lol.

It'll all blow over when the books hit the stands!
Ya know, I should've known better. The comic thusfar has been nothing but practical, and I guess I was just worried that you guys were getting orders on high or some such thing. So I apologize for jumping to conclusions.
By mrmichaelt
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Some dish on #16 in the CBR Interview with Erik Burnham - "Dan [Schoening] and Luis [Antonio Delgado] are currently working on issue #16, a Winston-centric issue set during Christmas. We've brought back a character from one of the 2010 holiday one-shots, and overall it's looking great."

Sounds like Tiyah Clarke is making her appearance sooner than later after that mention in #14. If it is her coming back, wonder what the Tainted Love writer will think of it.

EDIT 11/17: Looks like Volume 4: Who Ya Gonna Call? will release April 2, 2013 (so approximately March 20, 2013 for local comic book shops).
By mrmichaelt
The solicit is out for February. Interesting homage for the Subscription cover. Just noticed now there's the Lizardo toy on the desk, Waltz shout out in the newspaper, and I think a photo of the Phantom of the Opera from #14 on the front page. Feel a little relieved there's only 6 covers to collect for this #1. But not liking the no-credit of Luis Delgado in the solicit... he is returning, too, I believe.
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:I spy an article about the Necronomic on the back of the newspaper Janine's reading.
Hee hee, I also spy Egon's sketch of the twister from "Flip Side" next to it and on top of the stack of paper and book under the photos of Janosz and Lou is part of the analyzer device Egon used to get readings of the said twister before it pulled the three GBs in. I'm thinking the robot by Lizardo might be the Transmogrifier from "Kitty-Cornered"
By zeta otaku
Nice! I can't wait to get my filthy mitts on this issue! :D

Ray gets the girl! (this time alive)

And friggin RGB Ecto-2. I loved the toy as a kid. I remember killing 3 of them because I would play with it so much, I literally melted and stripped the gearing for the rotor :D
By Josh Foote
Awesome.

Now how many covers are there going to be for #15 and #16?

Also, what is the total amount of covers going to be for the Volume 2, Issue 1? I want to order them when I pick up #15.

Thanks!
By mrmichaelt
#15 review

Main story: Another, how did I read this issue so fast?! I want more!

Obviously, my favorite moments involved Ron
But
PCOC: Figured we'd see those schematics but nice surprise to see those
Favorite Lines
Easter eggs so far
Not sure yet
Josh Foote wrote:Now how many covers are there going to be for #15 and #16?
Two each. Not 100% sure about #16.
Josh Foote wrote:Also, what is the total amount of covers going to be for the Volume 2, Issue 1? I want to order them when I pick up #15.
Six so far.
Vee liked this
By JayM
Anyone know the last name of the Brunette Ghost Smasher? Her name tag is always too small to read.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By mrmichaelt
JayM wrote:Anyone know the last name of the Brunette Ghost Smasher? Her name tag is always too small to read.

Dani's last name is Shpak.
Vee liked this
By JayM
mrmichaelt wrote:
JayM wrote:Anyone know the last name of the Brunette Ghost Smasher? Her name tag is always too small to read.

Dani's last name is Shpak.
Excellent! Thank you :cool:
By mrmichaelt
JayM wrote:Excellent! Thank you :cool:
Ypu're welcome, JayM. Since we're on the topic, I think Shpak is a Russian or at least Slavic surname - which goes hand in hand with the outfit she wears during the big fight. Or maybe she was being hipster ironic, idk...
By Josh Foote
Not really digging how the mega ghost was taken care of to be honest. Feels cheap to me.

Besides that, I loved the comic!
By robbritton
mrmichaelt wrote: Page 6
that's the poster that appears behind the
By Josh Foote
Erik Burnham wrote:
Josh Foote wrote:Not really digging how the mega ghost was taken care of to be honest. Feels cheap to me.

Besides that, I loved the comic!
Fair enough, but it was really the only way I could have done it, considering #8. (;
Please don't take it the wrong way, I absolutely LOVE every issue (and own every variant).

With that being said,
Looking forward to the Winston/Christmas Issue!
By Erik Burnham
I did always intend to end it like that; the original plan took a different turn (initially, #8's story would have worked differently and been more directly connected to this, Haunted America was a late addition.)
By Josh Foote
I appreciate the clarification! Like I said, I absolutely love the comic!
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Erik - I've got a question (and if I missed this I apologize):
Overall, I liked the issue. I thought the end was a little short, but you certainly had the right jokes around it.
Thanks!
By Soul_Wrangler
Erik Burnham wrote:Not really. I figure Ron's just the kind of guy who knows the kind of people that do that kind of thing. (;

But hey, an idea could always occur later.
You're too good a writer for this to be a(n entirely) true statement.
By Razorgeist
mrmichaelt wrote:
JayM wrote:Excellent! Thank you :cool:
Ypu're welcome, JayM. Since we're on the topic, I think Shpak is a Russian or at least Slavic surname - which goes hand in hand with the outfit she wears during the big fight. Or maybe she was being hipster ironic, idk...

Cool it tickled my slavic fetish...maybe she's originally from Dnepropetrovsk.

Good issue Erik I actually thought tying the ending into the guy with death in his bag was rather clever. Yes Egon chokes a bitch! I also picked up the haunted america Trade.
By mrmichaelt
robbritton wrote:
Yes, it was there in the montage! Great eye!!
mrmichaelt wrote:I'm thinking the robot by Lizardo might be the Transmogrifier from "Kitty-Cornered"
Update to the Subscription Cover for Volume 2 #1, I was wrong, both figurines and the tape recorder to the left of the phone are lifted from Peter's desk in The Real Ghostbusters' "Citizen Ghost"
The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]