Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Sayscalled wrote:IDW, I ask this of you, kindly...
This Post Contains Spoilers
Lee FW wrote:
Speaking of pop culture (albeit a bit more obscure), I always imagined the following dialogue during a Prime/ATC collaborated bust...

[A whole group of ghosts (or spirits/demons) chant the word "Glorious" over and over]

Patty [annoyed]: Would somebody tell the Bobby Roode chorus to shut up?!

Venkman: Well, I don't know who that is, but 'rude' is definitely the word!
------
(For those who don't know, in WWE, wrestler Bobby Roode is best known by his moniker of "Glorious", along with an almost angelic, infectious Queen-rip off theme song. The ATC crew would know of him, yet in the perceived late 90s Prime-verse, he was just starting out.)
mrmichaelt liked this
By Lee FW
Alphagaia wrote:Great, bought the comic. Got the same error again, cannot download on multiple platforms, so it must be on their end.
Never had a prob on the IDW site until today, it just won't let me pay, kept getting so far and then states I need an address to proceed but with nowhere in the process to actually put it (+ all my address deets are up to date etc on my account page) Neither paypal or card would work, had to ditch and go the Kindle route.

Anyhoooooo

Finally got to read. Initial thoughts are it was a little rushed maybe with so much to cram into the last issue, however the art and dialogue was a joy as always. Just seeing these characters interact is awesome.

As spoilery free as possible....As an experience this was a lot of fun, but In regards to story I gotta admit to feeling a little unsatisfied with the whole 6 issue arc, felt like it needed longer to really delve into things...however I gotta remember this is just a part of an ongoing series and viewed as a set up for potentially what we'll get in the future I'm definitely excited at what lies ahead. Just as the effects of the TMNT crossover are still felt I'm sure it'll be the same for this too. I guess I just want more, which I'm sure is exactly what IDW were hoping!

The part that's left me really intrigued is
Last edited by Lee FW on August 30th, 2017, 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Okay...gonna tag this just in case...
Last edited by Sayscalled on August 30th, 2017, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*NormalGamer*, Lee FW liked this
By Alphagaia
They fixed it quite quickly this time! Nice comic, some great dialogue and art, just a tad anticlimactic again storywise. It seems they have a hard time coming up with a exciting finale.
I have to admit
The love for the OGB was a given, but the love shown to the ATC crew here has been so joyous to witness. Whatever the world at large may like to spit and froth about in comments sections, they are ghostbusters, and now they're 100% part of the original Ghostbusters world. If Sony don't take hints from this series when writing the characters for the animated movie, then they are fools.
robbritton wrote:I have to admit
The love for the OGB was a given, but the love shown to the ATC crew here has been so joyous to witness. Whatever the world at large may like to spit and froth about in comments sections, they are ghostbusters, and now they're 100% part of the original Ghostbusters world. If Sony don't take hints from this series when writing the characters for the animated movie, then they are fools.
Indeed. The ATC crew made their mark in the lore and I await to see more of them in the future in future arcs. Erik and co. did a very good job with them. ^_^
I loved this issue a lot. Came a little close to tearing up when Garrett said goodbye to his Dad. Touching moment about Kevin thinking like an adult for once ("I hope Mike Hat is OK..."). And yeah, Janine! She spoke to Lizzy the Second, I'm so proud of her! And Peter's reaction to meeting Dr Gorin was priceless! Makes me wonder if the real reason Martin Heiss became a skeptic was because of personal history with Gorin....
robbritton, Sayscalled liked this
I'm quite surprised about how this ended. I really expected the two teams to go up against

Loved this series and can't wait for the GB/TMNT2 and ATC comics. Seriously hope this series never ends (unlikely, but I want it to continue for as long as possible)
*NormalGamer* liked this
Alphagaia wrote:They fixed it quite quickly this time! Nice comic, some great dialogue and art, just a tad anticlimactic again storywise. It seems they have a hard time coming up with a exciting finale.

Well remember the crew at IDW said that 101 is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't think that is just because of the ATC spin off and the TMNT crossover. I have said this before, but I think they are building up to an Infinate Crisis type event in the Ghostbusters Realites. This Arc did what it was supposed to do which was have the 2 teams meet. :):):)

I feel that the teams have learned a lot from each other in this arc and it is good to know that the ATC crew will always have the full support of the Prime Ghostbusters should the need arise.

This may not have been IDW's intention, but there is a great set up for a major event. The Prime Ghostbusters have met The Real Ghostbusters and from playing with the Interdimensional Portal are aware of a few other Universes that contain Ghostbusters. Perhaps they have seen the SOS and Extreme Ghostbusters Realities. This is an exaggerated pipe dream, but imagine an event so big that it takes up a whole year. 12 issue arc with The Prime Ghostbusters, The Real Ghostbusters, The ATC Crew, The SOS crew, The Extreme Crew, the Chicago Division and an army of deputized GB cadets. Anything is possible at this point. ;)
So I wouldn't worry if you felt this arc was anti-climactic because I think that this was merely a set up for something much bigger. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on August 30th, 2017, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeta otaku wrote:I'm quite surprised about how this ended. I really expected the two teams to go up against

Loved this series and can't wait for the GB/TMNT2 and ATC comics. Seriously hope this series never ends (unlikely, but I want it to continue for as long as possible)
It could get real interesting in future issues of Both Comics. It was revealed in the Get Real arc that ghosts were seeping out of the Real Ghostbusters Containment Unit and into the Prime Ghostbusters reality. So imagine if this started to happen more often like ghosts from The Real Ghostbusters show up in ATC's reality or Ghosts from the Prime universe show up in ATC's and so on and so forth. It could get real interesting and really play with these shared universes. :):):)
Last edited by philmorgan81 on August 31st, 2017, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I kinda like that idea, but I'm sure RGB Ray and Egon would've patched that leak after hearing about it or at the VERY least investigated it.
101#6
Main Story
Easter Eggs so Far
Lee FW wrote:The part that's left me really intrigued is
Hmm, I thought he was just referring to the 101 #2 ending.
Alphagaia wrote:They fixed it quite quickly this time! Nice comic, some great dialogue and art, just a tad anticlimactic again storywise. It seems they have a hard time coming up with a exciting finale.
For the record, what would have been an exciting finale? I mean they
philmorgan81 wrote:Well remember the crew at IDW said that 101 is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't think that is just because of the ATC spin off and the TMNT crossover. I have said this before, but I think they are building up to an Infinate Crisis type event in the Ghostbusters Realites. This Arc did what it was supposed to do which was have the 2 teams meet. :):):)
Pretty much, the 4 crossovers are all about the dimensions. Even International wasn't a straight forward prime story, they brought in RGB Egon and ended up in Hell.
philmorgan81 wrote:This may not have been IDW's intention, but there is a great set up for a major event. The Prime Ghostbusters have met The Real Ghostbusters and from playing with the Interdimensional Portal are aware of a few other Universes that contain Ghostbusters. Perhaps they have seen the SOS and Extreme Ghostbusters Realities. This is an exaggerated pipe dream, but imagine an event so big that it takes up a whole year. 12 issue arc with The Prime Ghostbusters, The Real Ghostbusters, The ATC Crew, The SOS crew, The Extreme Crew, the Chicago Division and an army of deputized GB cadets. Anything is possible at this point. ;)
Seems like they're going there. I think the one unresolved thing that jumps out from this mini was the ghost in the mirror that was very intrigued with the big ghost's predicament. Like I said before, this ghost now has the knowledge that could be pretty dangerous going forward. Imagine if it could replicate this incident across all the dimensions at once?
Last edited by mrmichaelt on September 1st, 2017, 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seems like they're going there. I think the one unresolved thing that jumps out from this mini was the ghost in the mirror that was very intrigued with the big ghost's predicament. Like I said before, this ghost now has the knowledge that could be pretty dangerous going forward. Imagine if it could replicate this incident across all the dimensions at once?

Yeah I almost forgot. At first I thought the entity that was being pulled between dimensions was talking to itself like Tempus spoke to himself through time in the Extreme Ghostbusters. Now after reading through the full story I can see that is not the case. Who or what is the entity that is speaking from that mirror image? Good observation mrmichaelt something Big is on the Horizon. ;) That is exactly what I think they are working up to with the world building they have done in this Comic's 6 year run. As if the ATC and TMNT Sequel weren't enough I believe that we will be in for a real treat in the coming years. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
philmorgan81 wrote:That is exactly what I think they are working up to with the world building they have done in this Comic's 6 year run. As if the ATC and TMNT Sequel weren't enough I believe that we will be in for a real treat in the coming years. :):):)
A little part of me is worried this expansion towards a multiverse, dimensional traveling, and crossovers turns off a chunk of readers.
philmorgan81 wrote:Who or what is the entity that is speaking from that mirror image? Good obsurvation mrmichalt something Big is on the Horizon. ;)
It's definitely in the style of the ghosts Rowan talked to in the basement in the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if that was Rowan himself. It kind of sounded like him, imo. My second guess would be Idulnas. He's been known to appear on glass surfaces as well.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on August 31st, 2017, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philmorgan81 liked this
By Lee FW
mrmichaelt wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote:That is exactly what I think they are working up to with the world building they have done in this Comic's 6 year run. As if the ATC and TMNT Sequel weren't enough I believe that we will be in for a real treat in the coming years. :):):)
A little part me is worried this expansion towards a multiverse, dimensional traveling, and crossovers turns off a chunk of readers.
Ordinarily I'd agree as I'm never a major fan of this kind of thing and multi title long running events have completely turned me off Marvel and DC...in this instance though I gotta say it's the complete opposite and it's got me hooked. I haven't consistently bought a comic for a long time and this series has changed that, will be buying any and all iterations of GB going forward.
Lee FW wrote:Ordinarily I'd agree as I'm never a major fan of this kind of thing and multi title long running events have completely turned me off Marvel and DC...in this instance though I gotta say it's the complete opposite and it's got me hooked. I haven't consistently bought a comic for a long time and this series has changed that, will be buying any and all iterations of GB going forward.
Me, too. And if you look back at Erik's first issues on GB: Infestation, he's been writing about other dimensions all along. heh. But in the same vein, I can understand the desire to see a full story one-shot day in the life bust. It can still be compelling.
mrmichaelt wrote:
A little part me is worried this expansion towards a multiverse, dimensional traveling, and crossovers turns off a chunk of readers.
philmorgan81 wrote:Who or what is the entity that is speaking from that mirror image? Good obsurvation mrmichalt something Big is on the Horizon. ;)
It's definitely in the style of the ghosts Rowan talked to in the basement in the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if that was Rowan himself. It kind of sounded like him, imo. My second guess would be Idulnas. He's been known to appear on glass surfaces as well.
Oh believe me I have the same fear. I believe after the TMNT sequel we will get a Volume 4 that will have some more grounded and non world threatening busts. After all ATC is going to have a nice self contained story. Then if all goes as planned maybe we will have a volume 4 and ATC ongoing comic going at the same time and maybe by by 2019 IDW will blow us away with an epic comic event just in time for Ghostbusters 35th Anniversary. ;)

Hopefully it will tie in with a new film. :):):)

Oh yeah sweet! It could be Indulnas or Rowan or maybe Erik will pull the rug out from under us and hit us with something completely different. I hope Erik, Dan, Tom and Louis keep enjoying bringing us these books and I hope the sells are good enough for them to last to 2019. :). I just don't want these to end they are just so fun to read. :):):)
By Alphagaia
mrmichaelt wrote:
For the record, what would have been an exciting finale? I mean they
Well, it just went all according to plan. It's a problem I have with a few issues lately, the ghosts are not really troublesome to capture. Point, shoot, win. I liked the ending, just not 'The Big Battle'.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]