Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
robbritton wrote:
Lee FW wrote:Anyone figured out the poster reference for Issue 5 subscription cover?

Initially thought Drive-In but don't think that's the case (not well known enough for a start!)
It's American Graffiti!
Ta, much appreciated. Feel like I shoulda known that!
robbritton liked this
Another great issue, and lovely to see the new team punch their weight in theories and strategies with the old! One thing that is niggling the heck out of me is Ray's
This Post Contains Spoilers
! I know I know it from somewhere. Could have sworn it was a

Anyway, I'm sure I'll find out imminently, just really glad that this comic got to exist. It's added so much to all the EU stuff to have IDW say it's all canon. Quietly hoping for a mention of a dimension where Venkman is Mayor one day, just for the obscurist fun of it!
robbritton wrote:Another great issue, and lovely to see the new team punch their weight in theories and strategies with the old! One thing that is niggling the heck out of me is Ray's
! I know I know it from somewhere. Could have sworn it was a
Here ya go (I think!)
GHOSTBUSTERS 101 #4

Main Story
Ghostbusters 101 Class Notes
Easter Eggs so Far
Last edited by mrmichaelt on July 2nd, 2017, 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
JurorNo.2, Lee FW, Sayscalled and 2 others liked this
Page 6, panel 2 screen is
mrmichaelt liked this
robbritton wrote:Page 6, panel 2 screen is
You got it, I believe. About 10 seconds into the trailer. Good eye!
robbritton liked this
The BOOM panel was my favourite panel!

And when Peter wonders if Erin and Holtzy are related to Egon, I had a shot of deja vu, cos where have I heard THAT headcanon before? Oh, that's right, ME!!! It was in my review of ATC, so you can't say I'm reaching.

But Venkman saying that he'll swear in court that Holtzy's definitely related to Egon....yeah, that's kind of the general consensus, so I can't claim credit for that one.
zeta otaku, Christof liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote:The BOOM panel was my favourite panel!
/agree! I love when artists use onomatopoeia in comics like this, such a great way of conveying the sense of action and how it's affecting the characters.
HauntedWallflower liked this
HOPEFULLY confirmation of a full volume 4 (or 5 if you count 101 as vol 4). What I'd love to see after 101 is the dimensional door is deemed WAY too dangerous to keep around and isn't dismantled, but shut off and stored away. Now, I'd love for a 13 - 14 issue arc dealing with a multi-dimensional entity that needs to be battled by several different teams of Ghostbusters (classic + extended IDW crew, RGB, XGB, ATC) with the story taking 3-4 issues focusing on each team and the final two being all 4 teams coming together to finish it off (I'm almost terrified what 3 Egons and Holzmann would do putting their minds together).

Whatever we get, I REALLY hope it's word that the same creative team will be continuing to make this comic because it is simply incredible.
*NormalGamer*, philmorgan81, Lee FW and 1 others liked this
zeta otaku wrote:Whatever we get, I REALLY hope it's word that the same creative team will be continuing to make this comic because it is simply incredible.
Agreed. I said time and time again: There's so much lore that's begging to be explored and I don't see why the IDW team should stop now. ^_^
zeta otaku wrote:HOPEFULLY confirmation of a full volume 4 (or 5 if you count 101 as vol 4). What I'd love to see after 101 is the dimensional door is deemed WAY too dangerous to keep around and isn't dismantled, but shut off and stored away. Now, I'd love for a 13 - 14 issue arc dealing with a multi-dimensional entity that needs to be battled by several different teams of Ghostbusters (classic + extended IDW crew, RGB, XGB, ATC) with the story taking 3-4 issues focusing on each team and the final two being all 4 teams coming together to finish it off (I'm almost terrified what 3 Egons and Holzmann would do putting their minds together).

Whatever we get, I REALLY hope it's word that the same creative team will be continuing to make this comic because it is simply incredible.

Well you may be in the ball park there. They said something about utilizing So Many Ghostbusters in the future. It is just a matter of what gets the green light first. :).

Either way the IDW team said that Ghostbusters 101 was just the TIP of the iceberg. :):):)
*NormalGamer* wrote:
zeta otaku wrote:Whatever we get, I REALLY hope it's word that the same creative team will be continuing to make this comic because it is simply incredible.
Agreed. I said time and time again: There's so much lore that's begging to be explored and I don't see why the IDW team should stop now. ^_^
Amen! They are on a role and they just keep making me beg for more everytime I finish an issue. :):):)
*NormalGamer*, Lee FW liked this
What Lee was referring to:
http://deadline.com/2017/07/comic-con-2 ... 202123988/
THURSDAY, JULY 20
Ghostbusters 101: A Ghostbusters Panel Of Biblical Proportions!
10:15 AM, Room 6DE
Panelists: Creator Ivan Reitman and he IDW Publishing’s Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening and Tom Waltz.
In my opinion, they have to balance small one-off stories, involving just the original four, with stories that keep expanding the canon going bigger and bigger with more characters and scope in terms of this splintered multiverse. They've been able to start doing that with the annuals but it's only a start and I can see it's probably hard to pitch a regular 20 page stand alone issue between arcs. The last volume was just an 11 issue arc and course with the mini-series -- you can't do one. It's why I was hoping they'd one day spin off a companion comic that deals with the case of the day and a smaller cast headed by some like Tristan Jones. I'm not on the floor pounding the ground, but I can see how some comic readers in general, not just with Ghostbusters, can get lost in event after event and just drop a title <cough>Marvel<cough>.
*NormalGamer*, Lee FW, robbritton and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:What Lee was referring to:
http://deadline.com/2017/07/comic-con-2 ... 202123988/
THURSDAY, JULY 20
Ghostbusters 101: A Ghostbusters Panel Of Biblical Proportions!
10:15 AM, Room 6DE
Panelists: Creator Ivan Reitman and he IDW Publishing’s Erik Burnham, Dan Schoening and Tom Waltz.
In my opinion, they have to balance small one-off stories, involving just the original four, with stories that keep expanding the canon going bigger and bigger with more characters and scope in terms of this splintered multiverse. They've been able to start doing that with the annuals but it's only a start and I can see it's probably hard to pitch a regular 20 page stand alone issue between arcs. The last volume was just an 11 issue arc and course with the mini-series -- you can't do one. It's why I was hoping they'd one day spin off a companion comic that deals with the case of the day and a smaller cast headed by some like Tristan Jones. I'm not on the floor pounding the ground, but I can see how some comic readers in general, not just with Ghostbusters, can get lost in event after event and just drop a title <cough>Marvel<cough>.
@ *referring to bold*

I had the same thoughts; alongside GB annual comics and the main ongoing series, a spin-off ongoing series would pretty much be the best solution to flesh out other parts of the GB lore. Look at IDW's My Little Pony. for example; They have "Legends of Magic" and "Friends Forever" as separate comic series to expand on it's lore while Friendship is Magic is the main one continuing the adventures of the Mane six. That way, things should balance out for characters, story arcs, etc.
mrmichaelt, robbritton liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:
Couldn't agree more with all of this! I love a good event but sometimes when it spans potentially over a year with no resolution and sometimes even worse, across multiple titles I get completely lost. It's certainly a fine balance but when done well (and marketed well) like 101 they can act as good jumping in points for new readers (It worked on me as have now gone back and am currently catching up on all I've missed!)

A secondary title would definitely be fun detailing day to day busts and smaller arcs. Maybe mix it up with different artists and writers, kind of what we used to get in the Mirage TMNT volume 4 days where we had the main story and then we'd get Tales of the TMNT which could tell one offs or two parters. Worst case scenario would be what we have with Star Wars, after a fresh start with Marvel which started off on solid ground, we've now got a glut of titles and not a clue where to start. I missed one and then got completely thrown off.
*NormalGamer*, Christof, mrmichaelt and 2 others liked this
Initially I was turned off by this series but after Burnham's explanation that the OGB touching all forms of reality and instilling the Ghostbusters concept across the multiverse, I was hooked. Because that said to me as a person that doesn't care much for the ATC team that they wouldn't even exist without the OGB. While the interactions with ATC team are good and give the characters way more depth than the film ever could, Holtzmann is completely juvenile and insufferable in this series. I recall her being out there in the film but in this book she comes across as an arrogant reckless teenager. Other than that gripe, Burnham's writing and Schoening's art are in top form. It's a pretty decent series. It basically reaffirms Reitman's stance that the original universe is and will always be the foundation and it makes the ATC crew easier to accept for those who don't care for the film by admitting they're an alternate dimension and not the Ghostbusters prime.

However, I'm not sure how well it's selling. I could've easily picked up all 4 current issues with first print cover in triplicate over the weekend. I guess we all see GB as bigger than the average Joe.
mrmichaelt liked this
I have enjoyed the story thus far, although I will admit that Abby Yates bluntness in issue #3 was really off putting. You would think she could a little more opened minded about the original GB's, and what they have done in their reality. Really enjoyed seeing the mini-helicopter based on the un-released Ecto Glow copter in issue#4, that was a great easter egg. Hope that the 101 class gets more fleshed out in the next issue along with Kevin Tanaka. Erik Burnham has done a great job introducing these characters and I would love know more about them.
Lee FW wrote:So what's everybody's predictions for San Diego Ivan Reitman, IDW team panel?
I'm out of my mind,but I'd love it if Ivan announced that they'd be basing the animated movie on Erik, Dan and Luis' work. I mean, I know he won't, but a boy can dream, eh?
mrmichaelt, zeta otaku, *NormalGamer* and 3 others liked this
RE: companion comic, if you haven't already, take a look at a thread I made about it here in the comic section then contact Tom Waltz to give 'em your vote.

Did you miss out on the 101 #1 Con Photo cover earlier this year? Not gonna pay the ebay price? Going to San Diego Comic Con? You're in luck, they got 400 copies of this variant at the IDW booth and costs $10 each . Booth #2743 throughout the convention or at the San Diego Comic Art Gallery from July 21 through July 24.
http://www.idwpublishing.com/sdcc-2017- ... top-shelf/
robbritton wrote:
Lee FW wrote:So what's everybody's predictions for San Diego Ivan Reitman, IDW team panel?
I'm out of my mind,but I'd love it if Ivan announced that they'd be basing the animated movie on Erik, Dan and Luis' work. I mean, I know he won't, but a boy can dream, eh?
Seconded! One of the most appealing things about the comic to me is the fact that every panel could be a screen shot from a cartoon. After years of dreary looking comics the art on this series is a breath of fresh air.
Lee FW wrote:Seconded! One of the most appealing things about the comic to me is the fact that every panel could be a screen shot from a cartoon. After years of dreary looking comics the art on this series is a breath of fresh air.
I don't think I want an animated cartoon to use the art from the comic. Comparing the RGB to the IDW GB is like night and day which is drawn better.
pferreira1983 wrote:
Lee FW wrote:Seconded! One of the most appealing things about the comic to me is the fact that every panel could be a screen shot from a cartoon. After years of dreary looking comics the art on this series is a breath of fresh air.
I don't think I want an animated cartoon to use the art from the comic. Comparing the RGB to the IDW GB is like night and day which is drawn better.
I love RGB but we're not likely to get a movie set in this dimension (Although would dance naked on the top of the firehouse if it helped get us one!) likewise I don't think its style translates to modern animation wether 2D or 3D computer animated. Schoening's art however IMO works amazingly well as either as shown with the awesome board game pieces. Plus his art is so unique that if it was put on screen it would instantly set it apart from the generic Pixar/Dreamworks output we're getting.
Bit of a swizz having
but I'll take it for the gag!

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]