Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
We know the time: September 2011.
We know the place: Your local comic shop.
We know the names involved: Erik Burnham, "Dapper" Dan Schoening, Luis Antonio Delgado, Tristan Jones, Tom Waltz

Ghostbusters is going monthly at IDW, and it's going to need it's own topic.

Crh1980 liked this
By mrmichaelt
Thanks, Kingpin!

Here's my thoughts from another thread; The new advert was awesome. So looking forward to forking over the money for a subscription. Also, really digging Dan's new take on Janine.

Just speculating but wouldn't be cool if in each issue we got one or two stories and the last page or two of each monthly are a "From Tobin's Spirit Guide" segment featuring one or two of Tristan Jone's Spirit Guide art (other than getting a Spirit Guide book made, of course)?
By Kingpin
I'm also digging Dan's new design for Janine, I was never overly keen on how Janine appeared in Ghostbusters II with the big hair... I preferred her look in the first movie and her first character design in The Real Ghostbusters, and the new design meshes them both together nicely, finishing the feel that Dan's designs are a mixture of RGB and movie designs.

It's amusing, the suggestion of entries from Tobin's Spirit Guide, in the largely-inferior Marvel UK Real Ghostbusters series, entries from Spengler's Spirit Guide appeared in each issue of the main series. I like the idea, although I'm not sure whether Tristan would be able to feature the designs directly inspired by RGB and XGB (my gut reaction would be "no", but their stylisation could work in their favour). It would be nice if there was a way for those to be included, though.
By Jim Beard
Huge congrats to the entire creative team and here's hoping they never see a sign..."Going Out of Business" :)

You're gonna hear a lot of crowing from me in the months to come, that everyone needs to support this book if its to last beyond its first arc. You can't assume that someone else will buy it and keep it in business - YOU have to step up to the plate and take a swing at it.

Jim!
By RavenEffect
I like Dapper Dan's art, so I am glad to see he will at least be involved. Plus, it is always nice to see one of our own actually get a chance!

I've really liked some of the art in the IDW line of comics, so I also really wouldn't mind seeing it circulate around to different artists. I think that would be really cool. I would like to see some of the best become pretty regular on the project, though. Like, I'd definitely want to see Dapper Dan from time to time. Anyway, I am most definitely going to find out if my local comic store offers a subscription plan or anything for monthly comics. I definitely want to sign up for this one! I do not want to miss a single issue!
By TomWaltz
Vincenzo330 wrote:I just realized also that Tristan Jones is also listed on that cover :) That's fantastic! I'd love to see IDW publish a coffee table book of his artwork or something of a similar vain.

I know you're reading this Mr. Waltz, cough up some details ;)
(They're on to me...)

:)

More details coming soon!

Tom W.
By Erik Burnham
SlimeGuy wrote:Can Not Wait. This is going to be great!

I wonder how many they'll do. Does "ongoing" mean a single 4 comic commitment, or will we be looking at a Year's worth?
...I can maybe say I turned in an extensive outline (without saying how much that is! lol) and that -- if it goes all the way, you'll see callbacks and payoffs in issue X that start in 1 (but nothing so overt that it'll make you mad if it ends sooner than later.)

I'd rather it go the distance. So buy! BUY!

"No fee is too big," right? (:

Seriously, I'm happy to be on this project, Dan, Luis, and T are a dream to work with. And so is editor Tom. He tolerates what lesser men would kill over. (;

I'm excited and can't wait to show you guys what we have up our sleeves!
By mrmichaelt
Kingpin wrote:I'm also digging Dan's new design for Janine, I was never overly keen on how Janine appeared in Ghostbusters II with the big hair... I preferred her look in the first movie and her first character design in The Real Ghostbusters, and the new design meshes them both together nicely, finishing the feel that Dan's designs are a mixture of RGB and movie designs.

It's amusing, the suggestion of entries from Tobin's Spirit Guide, in the largely-inferior Marvel UK Real Ghostbusters series, entries from Spengler's Spirit Guide appeared in each issue of the main series. I like the idea, although I'm not sure whether Tristan would be able to feature the designs directly inspired by RGB and XGB (my gut reaction would be "no", but their stylisation could work in their favour). It would be nice if there was a way for those to be included, though.
Couldn't have said it better about Janine's design.

I basically know squat about the RGB comics. I guess my idea wasn't that original, heh. Have to go look those comics up now. But yeah, I'd imagine if Jones were doing it, it'd have to be the entity the team faces in that issue, from previous IDW comics (which he's done D'Orka), or the movies.

It's always a good thing when Mr. Waltz is cryptic.
By Megalomaniac
They've been pretty good so far with Janine's character. Here's hoping she'll be more like her GB1 counterpart
By SchottGun
Needless to say I'm excited for this as well. I don't buy very many comics so I don't have a pull folder at my local store, but believe me I'll be setting up one for this series!

I loved Infestation, and haven't been real excited about comics since Marvel: Civil War. (Ok, I was excited when GB:Other Side came out too, which I knew could only mean more GB comics were on the way!)

I wonder if any of the writers or artists will be at Dragon Con this year and if the comic will be out by then. Sure would be nice to get the first issue signed in person by everyone..

..hint..hint.. ;)
By Ghostbuster-Adem84
With the writing and artist skills involved you better damn well believe i'm looking forwards to the monthly! Tristan my friend can you give us alittle more info on this "more challenging" situation? Or is it Hush Hush completely??
By TristanJones
Regardless of how you feel about Silent Hill, Tom brings up something very important regarding the upcoming Ghostbusters comic that all those interested in getting it need to hear. It's in there at about the 18:30 mark, and he talks about his other comic projects (and Sanctum of Slime) in there as well, but the bottom line is that everyone needs to get out to their local comic shops (or find one nearby if you're not already at one) and PREORDER this thing! It's gonna be great, and the only way it can survive is through numbers. So get out there and make sure everyone knows!

Anyway, check out the interview with Tom below...

http://she.townofsilenthill.com/silent ... ssion-too/
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]