Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
mrmichaelt wrote:Erik confirms he's not on the ATC comic team but it appears the Burnham-Schoening-Delgado team 'has something else up their sleeves'
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 9008934912
Guess we'll see on thursday, then; can't wait. ^_^
mrmichaelt liked this
Does anyone know what time the panel will be in UK time? Just cos i've work to do tomorrow, and the current temptation is just to keep pressing F5 on here for the day, instead!
robbritton wrote:Does anyone know what time the panel will be in UK time? Just cos i've work to do tomorrow, and the current temptation is just to keep pressing F5 on here for the day, instead!
I believe it's an 8 hour difference between Pacific and U.K. so the panel should start around 6:15 pm your time.
robbritton liked this
Huh. What do you suppose is up with EGB Egon on this alternate cover? Just an artistic flourish?

I mean, we didn't see the Kenner cars from the last alternate cover show up in the book either. But their use was also in keeping with a theme. I imagine this is just to fill out the composition, but we haven't actually seen EGB Egon show up so far (and Roger doesn't count).

As most of this relates to the preview, nothing too spoilery but I'll stick it in spoilers just in case
This Post Contains Spoilers
zeta otaku liked this
Lee FW wrote:As most of this relates to the preview, nothing too spoilery but I'll stick it in spoilers just in case

I hope I am in the ball park somewhere. I could be overthinking again. :):):)
zeta otaku liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:I've been told that the IDW writers have really been struggling to make the ATC team likable compared to the originals. Apparently the only person that works well off the original team is Patty.
Like I said in the ATC thread. No. Erik is the only writer on this comic. Patty, Erin, and Holtzmann are likeable, imo. Abby, not so much. She's grating to say the least.
Alphagaia, robbritton liked this
"Oh darn."
groschopf wrote:"Oh darn."

No I have no idea what those things are, but their coloring reminds me of Robo Buster. Maybe it is some kind of Prototype Ghostbusting Swat Gear. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote:
groschopf wrote:"Oh darn."

No I have no idea what those things are, but their coloring reminds me of Robo Buster. Maybe it is some kind of Prototype Ghostbusting Swat Gear. :):):)
Are they the
this was a great issue! Really nice to see

It does bear saying again that we're so lucky to have this team working on the franchise. It's astounding how far they've brought Ghostbusters up since the doldrums of The Other Side. I'd hold them equal to Aykroyd/Ramis and Straczynski right now, and I'm not sure a ghosthead can give higher praise!
Another wonderful issue.
Enjoyed this issue which makes it extra sad this arc finishes next month...although seeing how much of an influence the TMNT crossover has had on all subsequent GB stories I'm confident it won't just be a well we got that out of the way, business as usual, forget the ATC dimension ever existed scenario. I think this is just the start of something awesome. ( I predict the next TMNT event will include both teams at least... I need to see Kevin + Mikey in the same room!)
Alphagaia wrote:Waaaaah, still cannot download it from IDW'S site while having paid for it... :-(

So hard not to press on those spoilertags!
Are you using a mobile app or using a browser?

I suggest if you haven't already, login using your browser, go to account, then to orders, click view, should download ok from there and will appear in the download section of your account.

Apologies if you've already tried
Alphagaia liked this
Lee FW wrote:
Alphagaia wrote:Waaaaah, still cannot download it from IDW'S site while having paid for it... :-(

So hard not to press on those spoilertags!
Are you using a mobile app or using a browser?
Chrome on PC and mobile. Tried the link in the email and on the site. Weird. It worked fine on the other downloads.

Appreciate the help!
Lee FW wrote:Enjoyed this issue which makes it extra sad this arc finishes next month...although seeing how much of an influence the TMNT crossover has had on all subsequent GB stories I'm confident it won't just be a well we got that out of the way, business as usual, forget the ATC dimension ever existed scenario. I think this is just the start of something awesome. ( I predict the next TMNT event will include both teams at least... I need to see Kevin + Mikey in the same room!)
I'll be honest, I don't think it was me that said it first! I did have faith, though!

I've always had difficulty working out how much character stuff there actually is in ATC, because I read Ghosts From Our Past before I saw the film, so they already felt fleshed out! This new series seems very much in keeping with that, though, and is hopefully showing on-the-fence fans that these are characters to be treasured.
Lee FW liked this
Well, I wasn't happy with how Abby was acting like some put-upon brat, however...

I loved the "Lizard" callback to the first TMNT crossover arc.

Ditto to Erin helping make 'Kevin Jr.' stick, as the Prime Green's name.

Can't wait to read the ending. I already pre-ordered the TPB.

I was however, confused. What was Jillian so upset over the guys breaking? What did they use to build the mobile ECU?
Lee FW liked this
Sayscalled wrote:I was however, confused. What was Jillian so upset over the guys breaking? What did they use to build the mobile ECU?
EDITED: Since its technically a spoiler.
Last edited by J10kmn on July 26th, 2017, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robbritton wrote: I've always had difficulty working out how much character stuff there actually is in ATC, because I read Ghosts From Our Past before I saw the film, so they already felt fleshed out! This new series seems very much in keeping with that, though, and is hopefully showing on-the-fence fans that these are characters to be treasured.
Likewise, I read a lot of that book before the movie and I do feel it added some extra depth. Saying that though, having since seen the deleted scenes, I get the impression a lot of that depth was originally there but was trimmed considerably.

I watched ATC again today and I gotta say after a bit of a period of being quite down on a few of elements (even though I loved it initially) I really enjoyed it again and I definitely credit this comic in rekindling my enthusiasm.
robbritton liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]