Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Slight question, breaking the ice for Crossing Over #1 discussion...
This Post Contains Spoilers
robbritton liked this
Sayscalled wrote:Slight question, breaking the ice for Crossing Over #1 discussion...
Yep, because they mention their
It’s highly possible I’m wrong, though, it is a lot to take in!
Sayscalled liked this
Unfortunately, I haven't read the Annual (I'm studying and as close to broke as they come). But I DID read Crossing Over #1.
Reminds me of that throwaway line in the recent Star Trek Beyond issue by a spoiler character about how
I really loved that last panel after Holtzy and Ron ran away to see Jimmy.
Sayscalled wrote:
One quick read of those pages and a double take later, I have figured out what exactly might happen in that side-plot. (OK, it's just a theory, but I'm swearing by it till this X-over is done.)
By Fritz
HauntedWallflower liked this
Fritz wrote:
Fritz, are you talking about yourself? I thought he was referencing MrMichaelT ?
CROSSING OVER #1
Main Story
Departmental Memo
Easter eggs so far
HauntedWallflower wrote:TL; DR: How'd you feel about working with Peck, Mrmichaelt?[/spoiler]
I think Kevin likes where he is at the Firehouse.
Sayscalled wrote:Fritz, are you talking about yourself? I thought he was referencing MrMichaelT ?
Fritz happens to be an amputee. I am not. Kevin Tanaka being an amputee is based on someone else but that's up to Erik reveal, I wouldn't want to step on his toes.
Last edited by mrmichaelt on March 18th, 2018, 8:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
*NormalGamer* liked this
Sayscalled wrote:I thought SHE was referencing MrMichaelT ?
First of all, see bolded. And Fritz is referring to my disclaimer about not offending possible disabled fans (including himself, an amputee) with the tone I took about prosthetics on the ghostbusting field.
HauntedWallflower wrote:
Sayscalled wrote:I thought SHE was referencing MrMichaelT ?
First of all, see bolded. And Fritz is referring to my disclaimer about not offending possible disabled fans (including himself, an amputee) with the tone I took about prosthetics on the ghostbusting field.
Um, actually... I wasn't referencing "her". If anything, I misspoke, when referencing something Fritz said, when I quoted his own post a few posts above.

I know Michael is not a real amputee. I had no clue Fritz actually was. Thus, I was trying to clarify whom he was speaking of.
mrmichaelt wrote:Peck trying to poach Janine?! Peck does makes some valid points but I think the Ghostbusters' office would collapse without her.
Especially a certain "plant in the corner that depends on [Janine's] sunny disposition to thrive" trying to make sense of a certain little bag of voodoo love spells.
Kevin doesn't have enough experience yet, imo.
As Marie Laveau would say, "Pshaw."
There's not too many existing characters that could replace Jenny but I could see Erland Vinter's ex-employee Ms. May as a dark horse candidate. She was misled by him so she was an innocent party... and seemed to be pretty good at corralling the Ghostbusters.
Not gonna lie, she was my 2nd guess, but then after seeing all the shite that could turn her white in International, I doubt it.
Again, Pshaw:wink:
Sayscalled wrote:Um, actually... I wasn't referencing "her". If anything, I misspoke, when referencing something Fritz said, when I quoted his own post a few posts above.

I know Michael is not a real amputee. I had no clue Fritz actually was. Thus, I was trying to clarify whom he was speaking of.
Aaah, I see, all good, I thought you were confused about my referencing how Kevin looks like mrmichaelt and Fritz replying to that. The confusion was mine. :)
Sayscalled liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote:
Sayscalled wrote:Um, actually... I wasn't referencing "her". If anything, I misspoke, when referencing something Fritz said, when I quoted his own post a few posts above.

Aaah, I see, all good, I thought you were confused about my referencing how Kevin looks like mrmichaelt and Fritz replying to that. The confusion was mine. :)
No problem. Carry on.

I can't wait to see if Fritz's theory is correct though.
Last edited by Sayscalled on March 14th, 2018, 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sayscalled wrote:I can't wait to see if Fritz's theory is correct though.
The one about
HauntedWallflower wrote:
Sayscalled wrote:I can't wait to see if Fritz's theory is correct though.
The one about
Again, I get mixed up over who said what. Excuse me. I meant yours.

Something I thought of after a second read. Regarding the "big eyes" in the restaurant window after Jill and Ron scatter... I'm thinking it's actually a reflection of the two of them jumping through a remote portal each. The next panel shows them coming through the main portal at Jimmy's.
Sayscalled wrote:Again, I get mixed up over who said what. Excuse me. I meant yours.

Something I thought of after a second read. Regarding the "big eyes" in the restaurant window after Jill and Ron scatter... I'm thinking it's actually a reflection of the two of them jumping through a remote portal each. The next panel shows them coming through the main portal at Jimmy's.
Think nothing of it. S'all good.

Huh, portal eyes, instead of monster eyes. It both makes sense and is quite wow art-wise, kudos to Dan.
Erik Burnham confirmed Issue #2 is done and off to the printer.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 1029735426

Tom Waltz revealed two covers
An Issue #7 cover by Harvey Toliabo and an Issue #8 by Luca Pizzari
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/974110582042370048

John Yurcaba announced he's now the flatter starting with #1, replacing Anna Chher.
https://twitter.com/johnyurcaba4/status ... 3354669056

EDIT: I'm humbled some of you think Kevin has the chops to step up after being employed for only a couple months.

Regarding the 'cameo' of
By Fritz
I guess I've caused some confusion, so let me try to clear it up:

1. I was referencing Wallflower's comments about "I hope the way I put it isn't offensive to disabled people"; as one myself, I was trying to assure her that, no, I at least, am not.

2. Yeah, I had an amputation back in 2004. If you really care about details, they're here

3. As far as I know, IDW-verse Kevin being an amputee has nothing to do with me ; it's just a coincidence.
We all thought Egon dying in International was interesting too, remember?
But how much did it matter in the end? He acted wierder for like one issue, then was back to normal.
:cool: --Normal being a fairly relative term in this case.
Sayscalled liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:CROSSING OVER #1
Main Story
Departmental Memo
Easter eggs so far
HauntedWallflower wrote:TL; DR: How'd you feel about working with Peck, Mrmichaelt?[/spoiler]
Sayscalled wrote:Fritz, are you talking about yourself? I thought he was referencing MrMichaelT ?
Fritz happens to be an amputee. I am not. Kevin Tanaka being an amputee is based on someone else but that's up to Erik reveal, I wouldn't want to step on his toes.
Missing Easter Eggs I can help with:
mrmichaelt liked this
robbritton wrote:Missing Easter Eggs I can help with:
Neat!
Fritz wrote: it's just a coincidence.
Correct.
Fritz wrote:But how much did it matter in the end? He acted wierder for like one issue, then was back to normal.
It mattered in TMNT/GB 2 when Egon and Donatello talked about their deaths.

Virtual Trading Card #8 is RGB Peter
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/974241275087020032

3/20: Virtual Trade Card #9 is Bridget Gibbons.
https://twitter.com/erikburnham/status/ ... 8723336192
June solicits are out
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/APR180334

Issue #4 is set for June 27. Only the finished S.L. Gallant Cover RI included. Cover B is by Lattie.
There was a plan. A good plan. The Ghostbusters of Many Worlds would just split up and seek out the ghosts that had escaped from the containment unit in the dimensions those ghosts sought refuge in. Simple. Effective. And it should've gone off without a hitch... until something went wrong. It seemed small, but it hints at the chaotic presence of a being that Peter, Egon, Ray-and especially Winston-had hoped they'd never meet again.
Gulp. Is Tiamat back?!
Tiamat sounds like a real good bet given how they word the synopsis. Also between the escaped ghosts from the containment unit breach and the dimension jumping, that is some chaos that Tiamat just might take an interest in. Could it be possible to defeat her with every Ghostbuster on duty? If she is involved and if she is defeated could the wammy that she put on Winston's married life disappear? Oh boy, you know that there are some more suprises to come there are 4 more issues that have the opportunity to pull the rug out from all of us. Again very exciting. :):):)
By Fritz
could the wammy that she put on Winston's married life disappear?
I would take back a lot of the gripes I've been making about this series lately if that happened. In hindsight, the end of "Mass Hysteria" was the moment that began my slide away from total love to mild affection.

I have to doubt that the "One More Day" will be undone, though. I have trouble believing Sony and Ghost Corps would let them get away with such a big status quo change anymore, if they ever would have. A set up for a shocking twist that undid it was probably all the marriage of Winston and Tiyah ever was.
HauntedWallflower liked this
In his newsletter, Erik hinted Crossing Over "follows up on a thread from an earlier comic story."
https://tinyletter.com/erikburnham/lett ... newsletter

In a new interview, Erik revealed
*Knowing the ending, Erik considered Cathulhu from RGB as the main threat of the 2018 annual and not Connla/Samhain.
*For Crossing Over, "at first the story was just going to be a mix and match of the Busters heading off to recapture ghosts who had escaped from the containment unit (and yes, Egon has a babbly explanation for why this needs to be done.)"
*Then Erik" started thinking of other ways to play with it and give it some personal stakes. I thought of two things that would give it the right heft, and how they would affect things emotionally. That revelation comes on page 20 of issue 3."
http://www.freaksugar.com/erik-burnham- ... interview/
mrmichaelt wrote:Virtual Trading Card 10 is Mike the Golem from the 2018 annual. Excellent backstory.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/976862781801713666
Yeah, interesting; looking forward to what he'll bring in the GB lore. ^_^
*NormalGamer* wrote:Yeah, interesting; looking forward to what he'll bring in the GB lore. ^_^
Agreed! I think this could even be the first benevolent Golem in GB canon, which makes sense because they are guardians in Jewish myth, and he's a Buster to boot! And any connection to a Tobin will instantly attract my attention, lol. Plus, this feels like Erik got an idea to create someone who seems kinda like Ben Grimm/The Thing from Fantastic Four.
*NormalGamer* liked this
Virtual Trading Card 11 is brought to you today by Slimer! And the Real Ghostbusters! Brings back memories.... *Commences speech*

THIS was the Ghostbusters cartoon I grew up with before I discovered EGB, then GB2 and THEN the rest of the GB franchise. And yet, the episodes I watched never actually had the Busters in them (That I knew of). Being 6 years old at the turn of the Millenium, I just soaked it up thinking it was a random cartoon about some random creature I knew was called Slimer. And then EGB happened and my mind was blown when I discovered just how big the universe Slimer (aka Green Sedgewick Hunger Entity) came from was. To be honest, I wouldn't be a GB fan without Slimer, a honour even Egon and Janine's romance couldn't bestow on me.

*End Oscar-winning speech.* Hmmm, who's got bets as to what Dimension 11-W may entail? I know they're referencing the Nintendo Wii, but I don't know of any other GB video game made for that other than GB3 The Video Game: Wii version.
mrmichaelt, robbritton liked this
HauntedWallflower wrote:Hmmm, who's got bets as to what Dimension 11-W may entail? I know they're referencing the Nintendo Wii, but I don't know of any other GB video game made for that other than GB3 The Video Game: Wii version.
I agree, I think it's the Stylized versions of The Video Game plus like the Slimer! GBs, the Stylized GBs were in a portal in Get Real, too and the 11-W matches Burnham's wordplay like 68-R.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]