Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Razorgeist
mrmichaelt wrote:Clever.

I was flipping through Total Containment and read Sam Hain's PCOC file again and it stated Hain based his stage name on Samhain, a Celtic witch-god worshiped largely by practitioners of black magic in the Middle Ages. Hmm, wonder if he was seeding this Wicker Man-style story in this PCOC file...
Trist will tell you Ive been a fan of that particular line for quite some time.
By M.Thunder
Razorgeist wrote: Trist will tell you Ive been a fan of that particular line for quite some time.
Mr. Jones does have some rather incredible art of Samhain in his gallery as well...

Coincidence?! I think SO!

Wait...
By mrmichaelt
Razorgeist wrote:Depends...its not the tree from Evil Dead is it?

Just kidding...yeah a tree would be nice.
The first thing that popped in my head was the tree from Poltergeist.
By M.Thunder
TristanJones wrote:What would you rather have though, seeds or a tree?
Definitely a tree. But if you can't have that, I guess some seeds, no matter how small, are better then no seeds...

With a new reboot movie in the works, nobody knows what's going to happen to the comics. I don't even think Sony knows yet. I think a lot will depend on if Fiegbusters actually gets out of pre-production, but...we already know the new movie is supposed to take place in a totally different continuity. And the comics are from the old continuity with the old characters so.... yeah, I don't think even Sony knows what they are supposed to do with that, at least not yet... I think... I don't know.

It's sad too, because I'd LOVE to see a dark, witchy, human-sacrifice, wicker-man sort of take on Samhain. He's such an Old World sort of deity, like the Ghostbusters version of a Great Old One from Lovecraftian lore. Talk about awesome.
By TristanJones
I'm sure the old Ghostbusters aren't going anywhere. People will always want to read the old stuff.

I was told there may be an opening for a separate mini-series at some point next year. I'm not sure if that's still a thing, but yeah or if it's even open to me anymore, but yeah. It was there at some point and may still be.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
Razorgeist wrote:Hell since we're doing evil cults and witches why not the tree from "The Guardian"
Oh, yeah. Can't forget that one. Human sacrifices. Bleeding tree.
M.Thunder wrote:With a new reboot movie in the works, nobody knows what's going to happen to the comics. I don't even think Sony knows yet. I think a lot will depend on if Fiegbusters actually gets out of pre-production, but...we already know the new movie is supposed to take place in a totally different continuity. And the comics are from the old continuity with the old characters so.... yeah, I don't think even Sony knows what they are supposed to do with that, at least not yet... I think... I don't know.
Eh, the ongoing made it 3 years with nothing in production with the same amount of smoke puffed about a new movie in the works.
TristanJones wrote:I was told there may be an opening for a separate mini-series at some point next year. I'm not sure if that's still a thing, but yeah or if it's even open to me anymore, but yeah. It was there at some point and may still be.
Hopefully, it's still open to you. Hmm, maybe they're going to announce it at the next SDCC and have it start around then.
By TristanJones
mrmichaelt wrote:[
TristanJones wrote:I was told there may be an opening for a separate mini-series at some point next year. I'm not sure if that's still a thing, but yeah or if it's even open to me anymore, but yeah. It was there at some point and may still be.
Hopefully, it's still open to you. Hmm, maybe they're going to announce it at the next SDCC and have it start around then.
Can't announce something that hasn't even been discussed. As I said, it's pretty much the only job I've ever really wanted to do. I could quit comics after it and be completely satisfied with my career, but it's not my call. If people want things like this, they need to let IDW know however they can.
mrmichaelt, M.Thunder liked this

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]