Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By M.Thunder
Hey there. Sorry about the new thread.

I'm wondering how "Total Containment" compares to the trade paperbacks, content-wise. I already own "Total Containment," and I'm trying to catch up on the rest, but I'd rather not pay twice for the same stories, if I can avoid it.

Does anyone own both, and tell me where Containment ends and the trades pick up?
I'm looking to own all of the stories, but I don't want duplicate publications of the same story if I can avoid it.

So... Have the stories in Total Containment already been published in the trades? I know there's like 8 trades out so far, so I'm guessing they contain content that wasn't in Total Containment, so Where does Total Containment stop (narrative wise) and the trades begin? If I own Total Containment, which trades should I pick up to continue the story?
By Fritz
Total Containment contains the material from the following trades:

Vol.1 The Man In the Mirror
Vol.2 The Most Magical Place On Earth
Vol.3 Haunted America
Vol.4 Who Ya Gonna Call?

Those four volumes and Total Containment constitute Vol.1 of the ongoing, which ran 16 issues.

The following two volumes (thus far) collect the first eight issues of Vol.2, and are not in Total Containment

Vol.5 The New Ghostbusters
Vol.6 Trains, Brains, and Ghostly Remains

There will eventually be Vol.7 Happy Horror Days (V2#9-12) and probably two volumes, or one double sized one, for Mass Hysteria (V2#13-20; only 13-14 are out at present).

Volume 5 and 6 are available at the GBFans shop:
http://www.gbfans.com/shop/comics/
Nicholszz liked this
Fritz wrote:and probably two volumes, or one double sized one, for Mass Hysteria (V2#13-20; only 13-14 are out at present).
It looks like the former. The pre-order for Volume 8: Mass Hysteria! Part One is up on Amazon. Their release date is August 26, so in stores the tentative date would be August 13 so far. But IDW could always do both and collect all 8 in another paperback or hard cover collection down the line.
Razorgeist wrote:Knowing IDW there will probably be a a hardcover containing the full story later on down the line.
True but I like looking at all the volumes on my shelf instead of one big one.
Rodimus wrote:
Razorgeist wrote:Knowing IDW there will probably be a a hardcover containing the full story later on down the line.
True but I like looking at all the volumes on my shelf instead of one big one.
I was actually just refering to Mass Hysteria itself.
    Proton Props UK

That's strange, he gave me an entirely different r[…]

For anyone interested in seeing some of the orig[…]

Did anyone watch it?

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]