Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Karma
I don't know why, but I'd been given a bunch of various GB comics over the years and I just never read them- had just started a new job, was traveling, then I moved...I never had time to sit down and immerse myself in comics like I love to do.

So anyway, I uncovered a pile of unread comics and finally sat down to start reading.... and now I am thinking to myself, why, oh why, did I wait this long?

Legion is by far my favorite series...followed closely by the Other Side. I love the way Legion is drawn; I love the story of the Other Side.

Now my wallet is going to take a beating as I start digging for other comics on the internet. I hate being a completist! :)

-K
By zeta otaku
You... wait. I gotta re-read that.

Ok, you LIKED The Other Side? Congrats! You might be one of the few that do :D

Legion was great, but man... the whole debacle with 88 MPH during and after that series came out really jaded my opinion on it.

Serious recommendations since you're excited and starting fresh:

Ghostbusters: Infestation (or vice-versa?). Part of a multi-series crossover event, but really fun read.
The holiday specials from IDW. These were awesome. Past, Present, Future was interesting, Tainted Love introduced us to a new character and some new tech.

And of course, the current On Going :D Seriously, just SOLID writing and great art work. It really nails the tone and feel of the two movies and the video game as well as being really fresh and fun. Seriously, I've burst out laughing many times reading this line. There are easter eggs everywhere in these pages to the point where it's basically a scavenger hunt to find every little thing buried in the art :D For the first 16 issues, just grab Total Containment. it's a bit pricy, but readily available and probably cheaper than trying to hunt down the old issues individually or the trade paperbacks.
By Karma
LOL, I've read differing opinions on The Other Side.... I dunno, I'm into the whole purgatory theme I guess.

I don't have Total Containment, but I do have the IDW trade paperbacks (missing volume 3) already, am I missing anything by having those rather than TC?

-K
By keoni
I'd definitely be getting my hands on all the TPBs if I were you. I just received all 7 volumes a couple weeks ago and read through them all already. My favorite part about the earlier IDW is all the Easter eggs, though there seems to be less with the newer ones.
By Karma
I'm sure I've missed some of the Easter Eggs, but yes, you're correct, they are fun to find.... I've laughed out loud at some of them. I like that they've worked in some fans as well.

After obtaining the core story issues I will probably embark on a long, frustrating journey of collecting the cover art I like.

-K

I cut out the middleman and sprayed my pack and ba[…]

I'm hoping we'll see another set when the next F[…]

Hey, anyone else playing this game? I want to find[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]