Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By darthsmozers
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Hi,

I just read Vol 1: The Man in the Mirror. So fun!

I will eventually purchase the whole series. I am confused about the following:

Amazon has Ghostbusters Omnibus Vol 1 published in 2012:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1613774419/ref ... 1F3061G5NK

It lists stories such as The Other Side, Displaced Aggression, and Haunted Holidays.

Are these stories collected within the regular Vol collections? How do these stories relate to the main series that is currently ending? In other words, if collecting the whole series, will I need this Omnibus in addition to the volumes?

Thanks!
By Fritz
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

darthsmozers wrote:Hi,

I just read Vol 1: The Man in the Mirror. So fun!

I will eventually purchase the whole series. I am confused about the following:

Amazon has Ghostbusters Omnibus Vol 1 published in 2012:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1613774419/ref ... 1F3061G5NK

It lists stories such as The Other Side, Displaced Aggression, and Haunted Holidays.

Are these stories collected within the regular Vol collections? How do these stories relate to the main series that is currently ending? In other words, if collecting the whole series, will I need this Omnibus in addition to the volumes?

Thanks!
Those all happened before the ongoing series. "The Other Side" was IDW's first mini-series (and was....not well recieved). "Displaced Aggression" came next, and then there were four holiday-themed one-shots, which were collected into the "Haunted Holidays" trade paperback. One of the "Haunted Holidays" one-shots, and a story that only appeared in the collections, is illustrated by Dan Schoening, artist of the ongoing series. The Omnibus collects all of that material in one place.

Next in the line-up would be the Ghostbusters: Infestation two-issue mini-series. It was written by Erik Burnham, and it serves as a bit of set-up for the ongoing series.

You don't really *need* any of those to enjoy the ongoing, though as mentioned the Infestation story does serve as some set-up for the ongoing series, and one of the Haunted Holidays stories ("Tainted Love") introduces a character that plays a significant role in recent events (I'll say no more to keep from spoilers)

Of the numbered trade paperbacks, 1-4 are Vol.1 of the ongoing series (issues 1-16); all sixteen issues are also collected in the Total Containment hardcover.

Then trade paperbacks 5-9 (the last of which is not released yet) collect Vol.1 (issues 1-20; issues 1-4 were titled New Ghostbusters).

And almost inevitably, there will probably be a trade collecting the TMNT/Ghostbusters crossover which hasn't started yet.
Tyrael liked this
By keoni
In the process of trying to build my collection, I had a few questions too about some of the IDW comics..

Ghostbusters wiki - Ghostbusters IDW Publishing Comics was very helpful!! Tons of great info, my only complaint is that there isnt a better system for looking up vehicle and weapon references.

Also, info on the 20 issues of the individual monthly series can be found under the IDW Publishing Comics- Ongoing Series heading.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]