Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By M.Thunder
I don't know what Paul Fieg's recent announcement will mean for IDW and it's licenses. Right now the movie's still in pre-pre production (literally they are talking about going into pre-production), but if it ever moves past that, someone somewhere is going to have to make a choice.

So I just wanted to say, for myself, that given a choice between a new movie and a 3rd volume of the ongoing.... I'd rather have the ongoing. I support Dan, Erik, Luis, Tom, and Tristan, and I.... wish hope pray all that stuff... that somehow, someone somewhere finds a way to keep letting them do what they do.

That's just something I had to say.
Peterson liked this
By LandoSystem
Are there any plans for a third volume? Outside the occasional mini or something?
I don't see how a new movie puts a third volume of the comic in any kind of jeopardy. If anything we might see more interest in comics, cartoons, toys, etc.
By M.Thunder
Nothing's been confirmed about a 3rd volume but the possibility is there.

Or...was there... It depends on what Sony decides to do once the film goes into production.

There's nothing we can really do but wait. Which is the hardest thing of all.
By Peterson
So I just wanted to say, for myself, that given a choice between a new movie and a 3rd volume of the ongoing.... I'd rather have the ongoing. I support Dan, Erik, Luis, Tom, and Tristan, and I.... wish hope pray all that stuff... that somehow, someone somewhere finds a way to keep letting them do what they do.

That's just something I had to say.

I'll raise a :crunch: to that!

LandoSystem wrote:Are there any plans for a third volume? Outside the occasional mini or something?
I don't see how a new movie puts a third volume of the comic in any kind of jeopardy. If anything we might see more interest in comics, cartoons, toys, etc.
Could have a situation similar to the accursed Bat-embargo: http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Bat-embargo .... :angryvigo:
By mrmichaelt
New York Comic Con is this week and Friday is IDW's big panel. Around 4:15 to 5 pm in Room 1a14. I imagine that's when they would talk about Ghostbusters and/or the TMNT cross over. If not, hopefully an audience member will ask.

Also, back in August, Tristan Jones did reveal he was up for a 6 or so issue mini-series.
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 5#p4805175

So it sounds like for the time being, IDW is thinking mini-series until the roller coaster known as Ghostbusters III stabilizes again.
By Razorgeist
mrmichaelt wrote:Also, back in August, Tristan Jones did reveal he was up for a 6 or so issue mini-series.
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 5#p4805175

So it sounds like for the time being, IDW is thinking mini-series until the roller coaster known as Ghostbusters III stabilizes again.
See now thats what I get for falling behind on the comic. Here's hoping Trist gets to do that mini!

When i first heard the GB3 announcement my first thought was "Oh cool maybe they'll get to do that 3rd volume now".
By Razorgeist
Vale_Spengler wrote:I think that all gbfans community should email a joint message, showing our number, with signature or sending single email, to the IDW for a Vol. 3. I think that it would be more noticed if we move together for that.

We should work on something, I want a third volume!
Can't we arrange something like that?
I'd be in for that.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]