Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Got news bits for each issue for once.

Tom Waltz posted photos of advance copies of the 5 Issue #1 variants. Apparently, the 5th is a variant included in the next Stan Lee Comic Box from POW! Entertainment. So gonna be a hard one to track down in the long run.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/920349077740457984

Issue #2's release date bumped a week to November 22.

Issue #3 cover A has been posted.
https://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage ... 833?type=1

Solicit for Issue #4 is out. Set for January 31, 2018. 3 covers - A, B, and RI. Only cover was B, it's a Funko by Philip Branesky. Oddly with the OG team in Ecto-1 chasing Slimer instead of the ATC cast.
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV170465
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV170466
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/NOV170467
"What Dreams May Come," Part 4! Emerging from their shared dream experience stronger and more united than ever before, the ladies redouble their efforts to take down "Schrecky" before he enslaves all of New York City in his twisted dream world. Will Holtzmann's wild new "dream machine" be the ace they need to take him down?
Waltz posted posted a preview of an Issue #5 cover by Jeffrey Veregge.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/920384202767400961
*NormalGamer* liked this
DarkSpectre wrote:I'm curious about what Holtzmann's prime universe inspired trap looks like...Curious to see how the events of 101 come into play here
Maybe it has to do with the rebuilt Containment Unit at the end of 101. I think Ray did mention he added a few things. She did wonder why they weren't wireless yet back in #5.
DarkSpectre wrote:I noticed that their nametags are classic style with the red lettering over black.
That may be an unintentional reference, the colourist having accidentally not referenced how they're styled in the reboot.
mrmichaelt wrote:Corin Howell posted a WIP of Ecto-1.
https://twitter.com/Rin237/status/920722586375524353
Kingpin wrote:That may be an unintentional reference, the colourist having accidentally not referenced how they're styled in the reboot.
They could have simply changed their nametags after the events of GB 101.

That's what I am going with. I never liked the look of their uniforms. I am still not crazy about the reflective stripes. Seeing the simple change in the name tag to look more like the classic name tags makes it a bit easier for me to look at them. I am hoping that if this series continues the name tags stay this way moving forward. I know I hate to be so mean to the reboot, but I just never liked the way the uniforms or the equipment looked. Even when they were geared up with the grenades and their extra equipment the Reboot Busters always looked like they were under geared. I know it is just my issue, maybe they would have looked better if one of them was sporting their own version of some Ecto goggles or something. I am looking forward to seeing the way these ladies grow post 101. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:Corin Howell posted a WIP of Ecto-1.
https://twitter.com/Rin237/status/920722586375524353

They could have simply changed their nametags after the events of GB 101.

That's what I am going with. I never liked the look of their uniforms. I am still not crazy about the reflective stripes. Seeing the simple change in the name tag to look more like the classic name tags makes it a bit easier for me to look at them. I am hoping that if this series continues the name tags stay this way moving forward. I know I hate to be so mean to the reboot, but I just never liked the way the uniforms or the equipment looked. Even when they were geared up with the grenades and their extra equipment the Reboot Busters always looked like they were under geared. I know it is just my issue, maybe they would have looked better if one of them was sporting their own version of some Ecto goggles or something. I am looking forward to seeing the way these ladies grow post 101. :):):)
Honestly, I'm not bothered by the stripes, but I do like the improvement with adding the nametags similar to the OGB's original jumpsuit nametags if that's where they're going for the ATC crews evolution.

And yes, i'm definitely looking forward to the ATC crews growth as the first issue of this mini-series arrives next week. ^_^
*NormalGamer* wrote:
philmorgan81 wrote:

Honestly, I'm not bothered by the stripes, but I do like the improvement with adding the nametags similar to the OGB's original jumpsuit nametags if that's where they're going for the ATC crews evolution.

And yes, i'm definitely looking forward to the ATC crews growth as the first issue of this mini-series arrives next week. ^_^

LOL! Yeah my issues with the new uniforms and equipment are difinately my own. I know plenty that either love the new look or just don't care. I just think I have seen satires of Ghostbusters that have better equipment and uniforms than the ATC crew LOL! The kids from Stranger Things supposed home made GB Halloween costumes come to mind. :):):) I will say with just the simple tweak of the name tag the ATC crew feel more a part of the bigger GB world in my eye. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
Threadender wrote:I like the little influences from the 101 series, but I hope they don't change all their equipment to look closer to the OGB. Otherwise, what's the point? I love the idea of different equipment and looks throughout the GB universes.
Oh I wouldn't worry too much about changes to the ATC equipment. This new Trap is just another new toy for Holtzman to play with and as the tinkerer that she is we will be seeing much more interesting equipment moving forward. If you notice in the Ghostbusters VR game it takes place in the ATC universe and the proton pack is definately from ATC, but the ghost trap looks like the Prime trap. That really bothered me when I first saw it since Ghostbusters VR came out before 101 was even released. Now Ghostbusters VR makes a little sense to me. I figured Holtzman having the classic trap was just more influence from her adventure in 101. I still think that the VR game is very poor compared to the 2009 game, but at least the equipment I see in it makes sense to me now. Holtzman may make cosmetic changes to the equipment, but I am sure it will keep the ATC flare. ;)

Now regarding the story unraveling so far. It kind of reminds me of how things went down in Extreme Ghostbusters episode Ghostmakers. I am getting goosebumps. :):):)
Well that was great! They've got the team down pat. Nice to see more of scientist Holtzmann, as opposed to just manic Holtzmann. But yeah, really strong start. I like the carry over of the
This Post Contains Spoilers
IDW are so good for all Ghostbusters. May they never part ways!
The art is so wonderfully drawn. Loving the ghostdesigns. Patty is the funniest character by far in this one.

Too bad the digital version is a bit difficult to read. It uses two pages as one in the more action packed scenes, so be sure to set your pdfreader to display two pages at once so you don't get confused.
Slight note first, ATC #2 pushed another week to November 29.

WHAT DREAMS MAY COME PART 1
Easter Eggs so far
*NormalGamer*, Troy liked this
DarkSpectre wrote:So as classic khaki crusader, who's recently warmed up to ATC, is it worth picking up? I really enjoyed 101, more than i'd ever thought it would.
I would say yes, but did you look at the preview? It's a good indication of the humor and artwork displayed. Regarding continuity, they reference the adventures with the original crew.
GBPaulRivera liked this
DarkSpectre wrote:So as classic khaki crusader, who's recently warmed up to ATC, is it worth picking up? I really enjoyed 101, more than i'd ever thought it would.
I would recommend it. The first issue had a very strong start. The writer Kelly Thompson seems to have captured the essence of the team. Starts right in the midst of a bust and it's pretty much no downtime-talking heads. They meet the 'big bad' of the mini pretty much right away.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]