Discuss the content of pages on the site, as well as figure out how to properly format pages you are editing.
By Kingpin
gb4every wrote:I'm useing your plans to build my proton pack and i was wondering when the rest of the plans will be done and posted
The plans as they exist now are the ones that've been available for a couple of years, Sean isn't working on any revisions of them at the moment.
By Max Lafayen Roméo
Why the Sean Bishop's Prop Plans don't show for each part what it represent for the whole proton pack? It should be more easy this way.
Every plan it's the same. I'm a visual person. :-(
By Demon Vice Commander
Max Lafayen Roméo wrote:Why the Sean Bishop's Prop Plans don't show for each part what it represent for the whole proton pack? It should be more easy this way.
Every plan it's the same. I'm a visual person. :-(
It seems there might be a bit of a language barrier here...

While Sean's plans are a bit out-dated, they're still great for first-time builders. They're easy to follow and can help you build a really nice pack. It's too bad that those plans were never finished, though.

Supposedly he's working on a new set of plans, but there hasn't been much public discussion about them for a few months.

If you're wanting to see a schematic of the whole pack, I would recommend Stefan's plans. These plans are also far from perfect, but are still very useful:

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/plans/stefan-otto/

I hope that helps! :)
By jackdoud
Max Lafayen Roméo wrote:All they explain is the measurement. They don't tell you with what kind of material or how to bind them... Am I right?
Because the dimenions are all that's important, the material is totally up to you. Some people are better using wood, others plastic, cardboard, foam or metal. You can use the plans no matter what you want to work with.
By jros3484
Use metal parts where the real hero packs used metal parts. If your doing a complete scratch built shell metal is not accurate nor intelligent... But badass. And unless your pretty savvy with measurement, welding, and metal fab work, pretty much impossible.

It sounds like you need to buy a fiberglass shell and take it from there first.
By gEkX
Fiberglass and resin are one in the same.

I mean if you use one you need the other.

If you want to build it cheap check out Protonchargers pepakura plans. Card stock, aluminium duct tape, and superglue will get you started.

Others have used these plans with styrene or sintra and have had very nice results.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]