Discuss the content of pages on the site, as well as figure out how to properly format pages you are editing.
By AJ Quick
This thread is meant for you guys to request new pages to be added to the Ghostbusters Fans Wiki pages. I am currently the only one who can actively Add and Edit page urls, as they have to be extremely specific. Unlike normal Wikipedia style sites, our pages are created to specific hierarchy of Categories, Sections and Sub Sections.

To request a new page be added please use the following template:

Page Title: (What the page will be called.)
Category: (For Main Site Categories. We will unlikely create any new Categories unless you have a new site idea.) Ex: Ghostbusters, Real Ghostbusters, Equipment, Toys, Video Games, etc.
Section: (For pages directly related to the Category). Ex: Proton Pack, Episodes, Ghostbusters: The Video Game, etc.
Sub Section: (For pages related to the Section). Ex: Hat Lights, Citizen Ghost, Walter Peck, etc.
Sub-Sub Section: (Used very rarely for pages that need to go in more detail)
Description: (What would be on that page)

When requesting pages please be as detailed as possible, and include information from each category. If you don't have a Section or Sub Section please leave it blank.

Some examples.

"Walter Peck": http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/char ... lter-peck/
Category: Ghostbusters
Section: Characters
Sub-Section: Walter Peck

"Citizen Ghost": http://www.gbfans.com/real-ghostbusters ... zen-ghost/
Category: Real Ghostbusters
Section: Season 1
Sub-Section: Citizen Ghost

"Ghostbusters: The Video Game": http://www.gbfans.com/games/ghostbuster ... ideo-game/
Category: Games
Section: Ghostbusters: The Video Game.

"Richard Edlund": http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/crew ... rd-edlund/
Category: Ghostbusters
Section: Crew
Sub-Section: Visual Effects
Sub-Sub-Section: Richard Edlund

NOTE: That the above example could have just had the Sub-Section as Richard Edlund instead of "Visual Effects". That is something that ultimately needs to be decided upon (the URL formating), what is necessary and what is not.

For every request made, I will try to a respond with inserting it into the Wiki, or asking for more information, or declining the page request. Please feel free to make multiple requests per post, but try to make it easy to see them by using a new template with each one (unless you are making a lot of requests for the same category or section).
By jackdoud
Page Title: Gun Ears
Category: Equipment
Section: Proton Pack
Sub Section: Part Names
Sub Sub Section: Gun Ears
Description: A page for clarifying and explaning the location and composition of the parts known as "gun ears" on the thrower.
By AJ Quick
Is "Gun Ears" the best description for them? I'm afraid I also don't know exactly what part is being referred to... I assume the part that the banjo and hat lights go on?

Sent from my Touchpad using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By RedVirtue
AJ, how do you feel about a sub-section of Proton Pack that gives a detailed run-down of differences between the GB1 and GB2 pack? EIther a separate page for each pack and its parts or a comparison page for both packs.

I think there could be a run-down of differences between each prop in GB1 and GB2 also. Belt Gizmos, Egon's stethoscopes, Ghost Traps, Ecto/Para Goggles, etc etc. Obviously props that were only in one movie wouldn't have a comparison page - KUD Meter, Ghost Sniffer, Giga Meter, etc.

This way new (and veteren) users can build props with more confidence and not mix-match items on props on accident (unless intentional). Just a thought. :-D
By Filandrius
Speaking of pack differences, there has to be sub-sections detailing the different versions of the props. I mean, GB1 and GB2 hero packs have almost no differences compared to the GB2 hero and semi-hero packs. And that's not even counting the stunts! I vote for a sub-section entitled "versions"

And before adding a page dedicated to the gun ears, we'd need a page for the thrower itself, no? ;)
By RedVirtue
AJ Quick wrote:If you can come up with a way to word it, please let me know.

/equipment/proton-pack/differences/ ??
I think "variants" sound good. Or "prop-variants"

/equipment/proton-pack/variants/
/equipment/proton-pack/prop-variants/

I like Fil's idea to include info on stunt versions of the props too.
By jackdoud
AJ Quick wrote:Is "Gun Ears" the best description for them? I'm afraid I also don't know exactly what part is being referred to... I assume the part that the banjo and hat lights go on?
I dunno if "gun ears" is the best description but it's the term that's been used in the community for years now so it needs to be explained for new people and changing the name won't change people's use of it. (psychic disturbance neutralizers)
AJ Quick wrote:If you can come up with a way to word it, please let me know.

/equipment/proton-pack/differences/ ??
I agree it would be nice to have pages showing the differences. In comparing GB1 and GB2 hero packs I think it would be best if we put together compaison photos (closeups) of the changes. I would be happy to put something together or work with someone, but I don't want to put time into it if someone (with possibly better skills than I) is already doing so. Is there enough people willing to work on these that we need some kind of organization so we don't duplicate efforts?
By Filandrius
I agree wholeheartly about the gun ears thing. Gun ears are gun ears. Parts names are just nicknames, anyway; there's nothing official, so we might as well use the ones we know. We don't need techno-babble. ;)

As for the comparison shots, it would be a great idea if we had some packs to actually take the shots. Screen-used packs are few and far between, so it'll be hard to do. Plus we don't really have GB1 packs handy for those. ;)
By drjameshouse
Filandrius wrote:As for the comparison shots, it would be a great idea if we had some packs to actually take the shots. Screen-used packs are few and far between, so it'll be hard to do. Plus we don't really have GB1 packs handy for those. ;)
Wait....what?! You don't have a GB1 screen-used pack collecting dust in your closet?! I thought everyone did :) But yea you are right, finding the correct shots we need may be hard and taking pictures of some members packs might be a good solution. I was also thinking it might be nice to do a picture similar to the "Pack Parts Names" picture (shown below) that would help identify the areas as well. Just an idea. Feel free to reject it.
By Filandrius
Well, I had one but I misplaced it. I should've stored it in a nondescript wooden crate in that warehouse. ;)

No, that's a great idea. We should do a detailed diagram like the one your posted, for every version of the pack that what used. we know that they used hero and stunt packs for GB1, and that they converted the heros for GB2, in addition of converting/making new stunt packs for GB2, and that they made semi-heros following the actor's complaints. If we only consider the heros and semi-heros, that's 3 versions right there. Luckily we have high-res pics of both the hero and the semi-hero that are in the Sony lobby right now. :)
By drjameshouse
It might be nice to update existing pages to show where each part goes, that don't already show it. Help weed those "where does this resistor go?" questions new people post. Also do we have free will to use that photo (the blank one)? I don't recall if that was of a screen used pack or a members pack.
By Filandrius
That's a fan made pack, one of the best ever (Playskool's) No wonder it's featured everywhere on the site.

And yes, while part placement can be deduced quite easily by using Stefan's plans, they don't cover all the versions of the pack (only the GB2 hero, and even then an outdated version) Plus we'd need a detailed page for the thrower, its components (like the gun ears) and all the greeblies. Just like you said, the ultimate goal would be to make the wiki foolproof, so that people that aren't even familiar with the basic terms ("what's a bumper?") could figure out easily.
By Josh Foote
Any thoughts to do a category for soft goods like what we are seeing with the Ties, Shirts, Wallets and so on?
For the proton pack section, we should definitely have at least four "models":

GB1 & GB2 Hero
GB1 Stunt
GB2 Semi-Hero
GB2 Stunt

Or should the GB1 and GB2 Hero packs have their own sections, since there are more differences than just the ribbon cable (despite being the same props)?

I've also thought that it would be nice to have sections (or sub-sections) for all of the pack that are accounted for (i.e. Sony Hero, Minnesota Hero, the upside-down GB2 stunt pack, etc.). I know that we have some of these in the reference section, but it could be updated.
By AJ Quick
Josh Foote wrote:Any thoughts to do a category for soft goods like what we are seeing with the Ties, Shirts, Wallets and so on?
Unfortunately a bad choice for page names was made. I went with "Toys" for a main category.

Should it be changed to "Merchandise"?

Should the Publications section be removed?
Didn't they use rubber stunt packs during the finale when Vigo knocks them to the floor?

And then there's this GB2 stunt pack in the reference section:

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/reference/4/

Then there's what appears to be a rubber stunt pack from the "Out of this World" movie prop exhibit. Of course, I could be mistaken (or have my terminology mixed up).
I take no credit for this photo.
By janderson0719
K, here's my input...

Under the Proton Pack parts page, why are the links to other parts way at the bottom of the page? Is it possible to better incorporate those into the sub-section of Proton Pack? Maybe more near the 'real world parts found' area.
By AJ Quick
janderson0719 wrote:K, here's my input...

Under the Proton Pack parts page, why are the links to other parts way at the bottom of the page? Is it possible to better incorporate those into the sub-section of Proton Pack? Maybe more near the 'real world parts found' area.
That is up to you guys to write about things and linking them to other pages.

The links are there because people don't know there are more pages.

They are supposed to be temporary, but have never been removed.
By janderson0719
I also like the thrower idea suggested by Filandrius. Granted it's part of the Pack as a whole, but surely somehow we dedicate a section to the thrower. It's more than worthy for it's own spotlight.
By Josh Foote
AJ Quick wrote:
Josh Foote wrote:Any thoughts to do a category for soft goods like what we are seeing with the Ties, Shirts, Wallets and so on?
Unfortunately a bad choice for page names was made. I went with "Toys" for a main category.

Should it be changed to "Merchandise"?

Should the Publications section be removed?
I think the term Merchandise would be better served as there is more and more "odds and ends" that have been coming out. Toys would fall under Merchandise, you also could have subsections for:

Clothing
Costumes
Miscellaneous (examples being the belt buckles, wallets, blankets, and so on.)

I also vote to keep the publications section the way it is. It is fine in my eyes.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]