The Fort Wayne Ghostbusters are new, yes. And I'd like to know how to get thngs up and running.

No BS comments either, please :cool:

Our Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Wayn ... 3630417949

There are no real pics of us yet as we are still gathering supplies and gear.

THERE WILL BE A MOVIE!!!!! ask for details........

"There will be a movie? Cool.......is it gonna suck?"

"Ummmm, I don't think so."

"Anyone working on it?"

"...just me, the writer?...I just need people to direct, co star, film, and put in effects as well as editing......." BUT hey, the movie WILL be made :blush::eyeroll:
Last edited by GBman123 on September 15th, 2011, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What exactly would you like to be "known" for? What have you done that needs promoting?

I realize that you're new to this but I suggest that you start doing more independent research and stop creating so many threads. There is a certain etiquette that has been established here and a little bit of conformity goes a long way in a community.

Start with this... http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 72&t=13569

Then read this... http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 72&t=25751

And don't just skim through, ACTUALLY read. It seems a little early for you to be announcing a franchise.
All right, thank you, Vincenzo330. That's all I really needed, a push in the right direction. Just to show that I'm on the right foot here let me establish that

A: I NEVER intended to make any cash for it, stealing other's ideas and creation for personal gain is not my idea of cool or funny.
B: This fan film is something that I've wanted to do for a long time ONLY FOR FUN
and C: I'm still learning like everyone else is everyday.

Once again, thank you.

P.S. As of now, any new threads will be made only for opinion, prop building, and pictures of progress. Also when I wrote "known" I only meant for awareness, not for fame.
The Roach On Twelve wrote:
GBman123 wrote: B: This fan film is something that I've wanted to do for a long time ONLY FOR FUN
I suggest you look into The Marshall Division Ghostbusters movie.
Also if you got Billy boy to join your group that would put you guys on top!
I think mine will be an actual movie and made more like The Real Ghostbusters movie.......or like Freddy vs. Ghostbusters, etc....and is there only one guy? I have a team of four.....I'm not a lone buster (when I said costars I meant a villian, love interest, etc We have our ghostbusters). Like I said, I'm making it for fun, but I want it to be an actual movie, (No offense to the Marshall Division) instead of a "documentary", I have an actual plotted film. I'm actually spending time in writing it, I've started the first draft at the beginning of this summer and am I'm still in the middle of it (you have to understand, I do a lot more than just sit and write, I have a life too) If I can't find the cast or I'm not able to make this film the way I see it, then I just simply won't make it. There's no problem with that, is there?

And NHVenkman, that was harsh, we ARE working on the equipment, you guys should know that it's not quick, cheap, or easy to build any of it. freeboot, "train wreck"? Ouch. I'm not THAT bad.

Reminder: There ARE four of us, just none of the other guys get on too often, being busy themselves. As for events, think about my location. How many events are there here, really?

As for "on top" I don't care about that as I'm only doing it for the hell of it, not for "Being the best". Just decent enough is good enough for me.
GBman123 wrote:freeboot, "train wreck"? Ouch. I'm not THAT bad.
hehe, no offense meant. just when when NHVenkmen said "singing ghostbusters" i had this image in my head of some dude all decked out in GB gear, drunk as a skunk and singing karaoke.
By noslliT
Sounds like your jumping the gun a little bit.
I suggest if your going to get into this hobby, start seriously working on your gear first. I think fan films and exposure should be the last priorities on your list. A facebook page and a dream doesn't make a franchise. Start small

To be completely honest, me and I believe many other members on this forum don't want to have it (for the lack of a better word) polluted with updates that go nowhere until your bored or realize just how much work, time, and money it takes to accomplish everything you want to do. Sorry if your not getting the reaction you thought you would get for your posts but many of us have seen this before and it gets tiresome.
I wish you lots of luck and I hope you get the opportunity to express yourself but bring something to the table first.
By Boomerjinks
I think the answer you are looking for is:

Start a Facebook page for your group, post pictures of you and your group, and update with things that you do. You could also start a Fort Worth GBs thread in the Regional section and update that with your exploits, including event breakdowns and meetup photos.

Beyond that, you'll have to wait for anyone to know who you are.
By cowbybill
Boomerjinks wrote:I think the answer you are looking for is:

Start a Facebook page for your group, post pictures of you and your group, and update with things that you do. You could also start a Fort Worth GBs thread in the Regional section and update that with your exploits, including event breakdowns and meetup photos.

Beyond that, you'll have to wait for anyone to know who you are.

That's the Gods honest truth! Our group just celebrated our 1 year anniversary in August. We are still getting our name out there and building our name here in the Bay Area.
Listen to what the old timers say they speak from exprenice and are happy to help new groups out.
Everyone here has been an asset to our franchise in regards to sharing thier knowledge, and insights. In all honesty you can't force a franchise into being, or hope it be a huge success overnight. Start small and build from there, get to know the other franchises in your state, heed the advice of the elders here, and it will happen just don't expect overnight results. :)
Also it helps to have a thick hide, you may not like what you hear from folks. It doesn't mean you should get Butthurt, take it as constructive feedback and move on. (I'm not implying that you have gotten butthurt, it's more of advice aginst letting it happen)
Good Luck! :)
freeboot wrote:
GBman123 wrote:freeboot, "train wreck"? Ouch. I'm not THAT bad.
hehe, no offense meant. just when when NHVenkmen said "singing ghostbusters" i had this image in my head of some dude all decked out in GB gear, drunk as a skunk and singing karaoke.
No, I actually play the guitar for this and I'm not an alcoholic, but no offense taken.

We are building gear, it's just taking some time. I do have an EGB pack built (it will appear in the film as a "prototype X-pack") in a crude form because of limitations. But, I'm happy with it and I'll add lights later.

Thank you all who have lately given me some positive support, I will try as hard as I can, but if it doesn't work, then hey, I'm just a fan like the rest of us on here. (and will probably look to meet with the Indiana franchise) But once again, thanks for the positive support. :cool:
NHVenkman wrote:You need members, events ,and gear is usually mandatory. Singing Ghostbusters at your local bar on tuesday night really doesnt count as a franchise.

yeah totally...

FunkPunkTwang liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]