By Ray Stanz GB
When i arrived at the movie theater tonight to see Ghostbusters i had a nice surprise that the "Carolina" Ghostbusters Franchise was there. They were awesome and had some great props. I am almost finished with my full uniform and asked them about joining their franchise. I was told that they were full and had a waiting list to get in.

My question to the community, is this a normal practice? or do you think they came up with something because they rejected me?
By TheRealPonyboy
Ray Stanz GB wrote:I am almost finished with my full uniform and asked them about joining their franchise. I was told that they were full and had a waiting list to get in.
Sounds like BS... or a joke, to me. Why would they turn away members? Don't they take your money? LOL
By The Roach On Twelve
Vincenzo330 wrote:It's tough to manage a franchise when it gets too large so some will limit membership. Don't take offense.

Then again, you might have just annoyed them ;)

This.

I've been there and I know others have.

However we met up with some down to earth guys tonight that sound like they are heading in the right direction so it will be nice to see how things develop. :cool:
By bpontheair
Vincenzo330 wrote:It's tough to manage a franchise when it gets too large so some will limit membership. Don't take offense.
Agreed, Vince.

We're pretty large and spread out right now ourselves. We've also had a couple of bad eggs to come along, so we're limiting our membership, too.

We're not turning people away per se, but we are not making them full members of the group until we see how well they get along with everyone, especially in person. If they jive, then we allow them full access to our site forums and give them permission to wear our patch. Otherwise, it's a waiting process for them until we decide if we're comfortable with them or not.

We're not being jerks. We're simply protecting the family atmosphere we have in the group right now. Things are good, and those bad eggs have tried to upset the apple cart in the past. We were very open and welcoming with our membership until they came along. Now we're just a tad more guarded.
By Donkey8012
Are those guys active on the forums at all?
By Ray Stanz GB
bpontheair wrote:
Agreed, Vince.

We're pretty large and spread out right now ourselves. We've also had a couple of bad eggs to come along, so we're limiting our membership, too.

We're not turning people away per se, but we are not making them full members of the group until we see how well they get along with everyone, especially in person. If they jive, then we allow them full access to our site forums and give them permission to wear our patch. Otherwise, it's a waiting process for them until we decide if we're comfortable with them or not.

We're not being jerks. We're simply protecting the family atmosphere we have in the group right now. Things are good, and those bad eggs have tried to upset the apple cart in the past. We were very open and welcoming with our membership until they came along. Now we're just a tad more guarded.

I can definitly see you guy's points. I just know that i want to join a franchise that is in to doing group things such as community events, parades, etc. I need help getting my pack from point A (all the parts) to point B (finished product) the forums help but im more of a hands on kind of person. I dont agree that they have made it into an almost legitimate business strickly for making profit.
By bpontheair
Ray Stanz GB wrote:I can definitly see you guy's points. I just know that i want to join a franchise that is in to doing group things such as community events, parades, etc. I need help getting my pack from point A (all the parts) to point B (finished product) the forums help but im more of a hands on kind of person.
We still welcome people to our site and hope they sign up so they can interact with us. They just don't get access to all the planning and private group chat threads. We hold an occasional workshop to help each other with props, or just shoot the breeze. We definitely welcome potential members to those, too, because we get to see them away from events and see how they are around us in a more casual setting.
By Ray Stanz GB
thats actually what im looking for bpontheair. just a group of people that share the same interests with me. but i would also like to do appearances with that group. not for money just for fun.
By bpontheair
Ray Stanz GB wrote:thats actually what im looking for bpontheair. just a group of people that share the same interests with me. but i would also like to do appearances with that group. not for money just for fun.
It's a shame you don't live down here, then. :cool:

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]