Have you accumulated a huge Ghostbusters Collection? Talk about what you have and show it off!
Sorry about my double post before... this is my first time posting and I screwed things up...

Finally took some pictures of my Ghostbusters collection which I have displayed in my "man cave"...

Please take a look and let me know what you think!

http://img811.imageshack.us/g/53244234i.jpg/
Last edited by jzurawski on July 21st, 2011, 12:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By jzurawski
slaysghosts wrote:Looks like a pretty nice cave to dwell in!
Ha ha... thanks! I sure like it...
When my wife and I moved into our house it was awesome to finally have a space to display everything instead of just having it in boxes...
By corruptparadise
I hear that, My GB Collection has been banished to our bedroom closet until we get a bigger place. But, YOU KNOW my computer room is going to be turned into my GB room hah.

*cant wait to move*
By jzurawski
I feel you pain corruptparadise... but hang in there... sounds like your dreams will be coming true soon! Do you have plans on how you are going to display things? I got a lot of my shelves and display cases from Ikea and the are working great... some day I hope to actually redo the basement and put in a bar and then do some built in shelving but that will be a ways down the road... but a guy can dream right? :cool:
By ajbernard
Funny ya say redo the basment thats what Im working with right now. I took out the old plaster and lathe in the stairwell for the basement and before they had the area underneath the landing for the stairs going up covered. I rebraced it and am currently resheeting the sidewalls and ceiling in it to house my stuff. Im pissed though that my firehouse will not fit in it as I only need maybe a 1/4 to fit. Ive also ran electrical to it so someday I can have some sort of lights or effects in it.
By jzurawski
That sounds awesome ajbernard! I would love to see pics of your progress!
I wish I was a little more handy so I could do things more myself... I am sure I could probably figure things out but I just don't have the confidence in myself to just go tearing things up... I have a buddy that I have way more confidence in though so hopefully someday I can get to where you are now...

good luck making things awesome!
By jzurawski
Thanks Caster troy! What is your favorite thing in your collection? I really like the kind of strange things like my slimer toothpaste or ecto-1 soap dish...
By spiff
I'm envious of the space you have there. I've just got my office for now so, like many others, I've got alot still boxed up. Great showing!
By jzurawski
Thanks Spiff! It really is awesome to have the space to display it all...how have you done most of your collecting? Recently I have mostly bought stuff online but some is from flea markets and such or my childhood... I was one of the lucky ones that did not have parents that made him throw stuff away!
What an EPIC collection!

#1 - I really like the way you matted your animation cels. I may steal that idea for a few of mine! :wink:

#2 - Are your posters originals or reprints?

#3 - What is the RGB trap on the left in this photo? Did you build it yourself?

Congratulations on an amazing collection and display!

The Stiff,

#1 - I really like the way you matted your animation cels. I may steal that idea for a few of mine! :wink:

I had them matted and framed at a local frame place... it was a little expensive with the custom mat colors which I picked out to match their suit colors but I just loved the way it looked... feel free to steal all the ideas you want!!

#2 - Are your posters originals or reprints?

Both the of the GBII posters and the GB one with the 3 guys are originals but the other one is a reprint I got at a poster place in college...

#3 - What is the RGB trap on the left in this photo? Did you build it yourself?

Yep, made that in my college ceramics class for a slab building project... I am an art teacher so decided to put some of my class work to good use... thanks for noticing!!
Thanks ajbernard! Would you believe I actually got that Hi-C bottle out of the trash?? I did not get to enjoy its deliciousness but I got to keep its coolness... ha ha...

Someday I would love to have a movie accurate proton pack, flight suit and other props... I think I would have a tough time justifying the cost to my wife though... we will have to wait and see what the next prop from Mattel is though... I loved the PKE!!
I hear ya there I had to beg to get 2 of them but as she sees my dorky-ass runnin around the house with it she knows Im super happy and it also helps my 4 your old son likes it also. I think it would be cool if they came out with a trap but the guys on here also make some totally outstanding ones! And on the pack have you tried making one? They are real fun to make a little stressfull on some aspects but in the end you sit back in awe of amazement that you built that.
I might get around to trying my hand a building one someday... it is just hard to find the time... and I just don't have the confidence in myself to make it is movie accurate as I would want it to be... but I guess I will never know if I don't try! We will see... did you make or buy yours? If you did build yours do you have plans that you recommend using? if you bought who did you buy from? There is a lot of info on the topic in the forums but it is hard to wade through it all...
I built 3 last year. All scratch built with various materials wood, pvc all that. I used the plans off of here, purchased several items from members also and alot of stuff just took time too find the right items I was looking for, from garage sales to the dollar stores and even good will I came close to what I needed. Yeah alot of time is involved and no my packs were not as completey accurate as alot on here, some measurements maybe off 1/8th to 3/8ths of an inch here and there but I still liked them. When building though just remember patience and time but I bet ya you could do it!
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Thanks SoulKeeper8605!! Glad I could help bring back some fond memories for you!! I really like that I found all that happy meal stuff on ebay... it is so cool!
Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]