Post your suggestions or feedback about the site here.
By Fritz
I was surprised, as no doubt many were, to see the Prosilver style pop up on GBFans when I logged in this morning.

I think this means an upgrade to a PhpBB 3.1.x version; the board was previously built on 3.0.x. Unfortunately, there's enough differences in the codes and file structures that all of the old hacks and the custom style wouldn't work on 3.1.x

It's not massively different on the user end once you get used to it. Having run 3.1.x myself for over a year, I think things will be all right.

So no panic, please.
:)
By Fritz
AJ Quick wrote:I already have a new style lined up, and surprisingly found decent replacements for the mods that were in place.

Hopefully by Monday this place will start looking like a new site.
Looking forward to it.

I started playing with 3.1 on a localhost back when it was in beta--I had all my styles recreated by the time 3.1.0 dropped, so when I switched the Ectozone you could barely tell the difference. :lol: Of course, I hadn't heavily modded the board the way you have GBFans.

:love:
By AJ Quick
Tyrael wrote:Well, this explains why the mobile app isn't working
I'm not sure if that was something I did or if Tapatalk did it.

I can say for certain the mobile version is working on the Tapatalk app, but I haven't been able to connect on the GBFans Android App.
Hey AJ, presumably this is due to the current situation with the forum but I don't seem to be able to edit my first posts in the for-sale section anymore.

I usually update first posts with current availability, pricing changes (not that there have been any since 2013) and product "upgrades"!

Thanks!
By AJ Quick
Tyger Cheex wrote:Hey AJ, presumably this is due to the current situation with the forum but I don't seem to be able to edit my first posts in the for-sale section anymore.
I will have to look into setting that up again. Thanks for letting me know.
PssdffJay wrote:Is it staying like this or is this just temporary?
This is temporary.
By Fritz
AJ Quick wrote:The post editing should now be fixed thanks to an extension that Fritz tipped me off to.

I'm still working (slowly) on getting the design updated.
I got the impression AJ was going to do some recoding of the software....but I found that extension on PhpBB.com and said "Won't this do what we want without having to hack the software?"
Kingpin wrote:On topic of the forum rebuild, has anyone else been finding it a bit slow in responsiveness, or is that just me?
No problems I've noticed.
By AJ Quick
Kingpin wrote:On topic of the forum rebuild, has anyone else been finding it a bit slow in responsiveness, or is that just me?
It is possible as there have been some extra scripts running at night. So if you're on during the morning in the UK, it could be slow since it's night over here.
By AJ Quick
New style is up! There are still some things that I need to go back in and add.

Items such as:

Searching posts, new posts, active topics.. etc.

I'd love to hear feedback! Its not 100% finished, but it is close.
By gold333
I like it, but from a usability standpoint it's kinda hard. Like what people write in the posts is the same color as the title, date and signature without any lines or other separation so it's hard to focus your eyes on the actual posts when you scroll through a topic. Maybe if the topic title that appears above every post could be a different color? It would break it up more?

Failing that maybe white text on black background? I don't know what options are available in these templates.
By pyhasanon
gold333 wrote:I like it, but from a usability standpoint it's kinda hard. Like what people write in the posts is the same color as the title, date and signature without any lines or other separation so it's hard to focus your eyes on the actual posts when you scroll through a topic. Maybe if the topic title that appears above every post could be a different color? It would break it up more?

Failing that maybe white text on black background? I don't know what options are available in these templates.
I agree, it looks fantastic, but it's difficult to use... The content just seems to mesh together too much, and it all looks like a white blob of text... Maybe a little more color to separate the posts? Thicker borders, maybe?
By AJ Quick
Kingpin wrote:Maybe some icons that more clearly indicate threads/forum sections that have new posts in them, versus no new posts (something Ghostbusters themed would be nice, but not essential).
That's on my list of things to do.

I'll be replacing the icons with No Ghost logos and making them light up if a new post is there.
Kingpin wrote:Another suggestion: the previous version of the forum, and the interim one had a "mark all topics read" button, but this seems to be absent from the current version, I'd suggest putting it in if possible. :)
That will be added with the 'New Posts', 'Active Topics'.. etc. that still need to be added in.
gold333 wrote:Failing that maybe white text on black background? I don't know what options are available in these templates.
Everyone always asks for a black background. I'm not going to be doing that however. 1999 was the last year I had green text on a black background, and I'd like for that to stay that way.
pyhasanon wrote:I agree, it looks fantastic, but it's difficult to use... The content just seems to mesh together too much, and it all looks like a white blob of text... Maybe a little more color to separate the posts? Thicker borders, maybe?
I'll be putting int a better separator, like the caution striping between posts and will maybe darken up the separators and add additional spacing.
By Fritz
I think it's looking good. Yeah, some of the functionality is a bit sprocked right now, but it's a work in progress.

(Or, to be more accurate, the style data doesn't have the links to all the functions. They're still in the actual software. For example, click this link:

search.php?search_id=newposts

And you'll get the "New Posts" list same as always)

Looking forward to seeing things develop.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]