Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By CaptCyan
stanzistheman wrote:Captain, do you still have any movie packs left and the ecto rack ?
slimer01 wrote:I would love to get some of these. Are these still available?
I have a pile of Throwers but no complete Packs as yet. Once the New Jersey humidity calms down I will continue casting up kits. I'm putting up a list in the For Sale section later this week and will have your names on it along with a few others who have been asking about the Packs.

An Ecto Parts thread will also be put up in For Sale but not at this time, most likely mid September. However, if you really want Ecto parts, I will make some up at the time of your Pack order to save on shipping costs.

Shoot me a PM with what you wish and quantity.

BTW, Due to kabitzing on the part of joeghostbuster and madeinsocal6, there will be an "add on" option to the "Cartoon" Packs that I'm working on. It will work with the existing packs some of you already have, so nobody looses out ( I'm no Walter Peck). There will be pictures later this week.

Speaking of pictures, I'm still waiting for some of you to throw some up here. You know who you are. :wink:

Thanks Guys!
By celticsjk
Hey, I just want to throw my name in there too, I know you are backed up but i would love to be on the waiting list. I want 6 of each (movie, cartoon) and 1 (maybe 2) ecto racks!!
By Ashe_Darkthorne
CaptCyan wrote:Presenting a preliminary picture of proposed pieces for (Cartoon) Power Packs:

Now, ask some questions. I might even answer. .
Those look good and would be awesome to the cartoon packs. Would they be hard to add to existing packs?
By Iggy
joeghostbuster wrote:I dont know what Im looking at, but Im sure its awesome nonetheless.
Hate to say it, but I can't recall what they were either. My brain went to mush from years ago.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out.
By CaptCyan
Nice hint, Vinny.

First and foremost, I blame this man.
madeinsocal6 wrote:I bought a set of packs from CaptCyan and they are simply amazing. They exceed what I was expecting, I'm so glad I bought them. Also considering how much I paid I am more than happy and he's GREAT to his customers.

Thanks again.

***They couldn't wait to strap on their new packs:

He paid me a goodly price to paint his packs in the RGB series colors. The gauge area looked crappy being just a painted circle, so I added the gauge to his packs as you can see in this picture he posted. Even though he stole my blue lettering posting idea, I still count him as one of my friends. :wink:

The 2nd Joker in the deck is joeghostbuster. While working on his super secret Rookie Figure project (oops!) I found the perfect item to make the retaining rings for the "red" tank. Here are some udated pics of the parts on a Pack.

Yes this is a Kenner sized pack. My camera has crazy macro powers.

I didn't want the guys who already have their packs to be left out (or pissed off) so I have these items as an "upgrade kit" that can be added after the fact, no muss, no fuss. As there are no magnets or hoses involved, I should be able to offer these for the princely sum of $1.00 a kit. 1 kit being needed upgrading 1 Pack.
By madeinsocal6
This is great. I also had an idea of what it could be at first but didn't quite have it right but now I see.

I will most certainly be picking 4 of these kits up to add to my packs, it's very exciting and I realize just how much more awesome they will look. Thanks Capt for doing all this and I am truly happy I spent the money on your packs instead of the original ones on Ebay. These are truly the best packs for the RGB figures.

I also started doing the blue print b/c while reading your post it was easier for me to read and I thought it was great! I also bold mine b/c it makes it even easier, I'm pretty blind. Guess I'll do green instead..... :wink:

But I'm flattered to be called a friend. Thanks again for all your work.
By Iggy
It all makes sense now!

Man, I keep forgetting to post the pics of my painted packs.
These are awesome!

I'm thinking about making a custom wand for my retro Venkman.

Edit:

Yes, I caved and bought a retro Venkman. I still don't know how I feel about it. The pack is definitely wrong and the voice is terrible. But it's a Ghostbusters item and it just goes to show that I will indeed buy anything as long as it's GB related lol
By CaptCyan
Ashe_Darkthorne wrote:Those look good and would be awesome to the cartoon packs. Would they be hard to add to existing packs?
No, I made them a retro-fit to go with the current "Cartoon" Packs as an add-on.
joeghostbuster wrote:sick work Capt. are you just going to be offering kits, or will you make new molds with the added pieces built in? if you're doing the latter as well I will buy 4 of them from you (after the "secret" Rookie figure project, which is going to blow us all away when its done!)

Just as kit as it now gives you a choice of styles. Besides, the red tank would still have to be a seperate piece and I'm trying to keep the mold making to a minimum. (Did you mean your "super secret" Rookie figure project or is there another?)
CaptCyan wrote:you should start a new thread showing the progress, so everyone will be jealous of me

I can't do that yet. I'm too busy digging myself in deeper with this kind of stuff...

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=21407

Somebody please stop me. :twisted:
No way! The more work you do the more complete all of our collections become!

You and PeteVenkmanJedi have taught us that they are our toys and we should make them how WE want them! Not how some toy company feels they should be! You've inspired me and my work! Who knows what else will come out of this community fueled by your obsession... er, um... Hobby.
I borrowed my mothers camera yesterday and took some pics of the Capt's proton packs, my paint jobs arent anything special (I used paint markers from walmart, since I had them for another project) but I highly recommend these packs!

ImageImage

Ecto-1 rack and packs
ImageImageImage

I had also bought some of the tan cord RGB style packs but they are being used by my nephew for his RGB figures right now and I havent had the opportunity to paint them.
joeghostbuster wrote:I borrowed my mothers camera yesterday and took some pics of the Capt's proton packs, my paint jobs arent anything special (I used paint markers from walmart, since I had them for another project) but I highly recommend these packs!

Ecto-1 rack and packs

I had also bought some of the tan cord RGB style packs but they are being used by my nephew for his RGB figures right now and I havent had the opportunity to paint them.
You are just full of WIN today. :-D

Your nephew is using the "Cartoon" Packs for his guys. So, tell me, what does a real child think about the Packs?
thanks! he thought they were pretty cool, especially considering the only proton pack he had for his figures was one purple one. :D can anyone recommend a good brand of paints for use on this material? my paint markers are only good for details, and the paint globs up in the nooks and crannies and details are lost when I try to paint the whole thing white & then blue - I'd also consider giving my Kenner figures a new "brighter" paint job, the original colors were already kind of drab, and aging 20 years doesnt help...
joeghostbuster wrote::D can anyone recommend a good brand of paints for use on this material? my paint markers are only good for details, and the paint globs up in the nooks and crannies and details are lost when I try to paint the whole thing white & then blue - I'd also consider giving my Kenner figures a new "brighter" paint job, the original colors were already kind of drab, and aging 20 years doesnt help...
I can't figure out how you missed this one:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 90&t=20574

Citadel Paints by GamesWorkshop. Acrylics, covers well, sticks to metal and all sorts of plastics including vinyl, great color assortment and mixes easily, great for dry brushing and cleans up with water.
I love your RGB Proton packs Capt! :crunch:
I'd like to order one of each for all the 6 main guys and girl and 4 more as their storage locker/rack packs :-D
Please put me on your list for 10 Cartoon Proton Packs + the red tank upgrades!

Which of the Ecto-1 parts are you going to offer?
I might be interested in the rear door, left & right side doors, wheels with hubcaps and the siren for the roof.

I'm also looking for labels or high rez images.
Did the first cast last night. I had some fast setting resin left over that I used. Only one bubble! The slower setting resin should yeild no bubbles. We'll see later.

I'm doing up a set for dalbyspook that will serve as a tutorial on what Citadel colors to use and how to apply the UpGrade pieces to make the "Cartoon" Packs even more cartooney.

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]