Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By egie
Great effect! I need some supplies to continue my own build and money has been a problem lately but hopefully soon I can get back on it.
By belldandy4087
Hey Capt' I was wondering, could you use the colored UV reactive paint for the slime resevoir and slime hose to get them to glow as well? Just a thought
By CaptCyan
Hey Eeeegs!

Everybody runs dry on funds once in a while, take your time and make it look good. If you go for making the Uniform "dirty" remember to buy some Acrylic Paint for that. Otherwise you would need to use Thinner with the Enamel Paint and I'm not sure ithe Thinner would react with the Flat coat or not.

belldandy4087 wrote:Hey Capt' I was wondering, could you use the colored UV reactive paint for the slime resevoir and slime hose to get them to glow as well? Just a thought
As long as you used it during the build instead of the regular Green and Yellow Paint, then yes.

I didn't do that because the Slime didn't look like it lit up in the Video Game captures that Joeghostbuster sent to me.
By CaptCyan
Pads and Boots to complete the Rookie's Uniform. We'll do the Pads, first. Cut a very thin strip of Blue Tape and apply it around the Elbow Pad. Yes, that is all one piece, shows how flexible it can be if cut real thin.

Block off the rest of the arm with wider strips.

We're going to use the origional Matty color of the Pads as our base color and dry brush on a lighter color. If you take a look at them in the game, you'll see that they are a Blue/Gray color.

So, we take some Shadow Grey and add some Skull White to it to approximate the color...

...and dry brush the high spots like we've done with everything else.

Last bit of business are the Boots. Remember that container of dilluted Graveyard Earth we capped and saved?

Mix it up and go over the Rookie's Boots with it. Because we left the Rook's Boots glossy ( as is ) the paint should puddle much more than when we did his Uniform. If it beads up too much, add a little more paint to thicken it.

While it's still wet, wipe off the excess with a paper towel. the idea is to get the paint to stay in just the creases...unless the Rookie's been trudging through sludge, then more is better.

Well, there we have it, clean Rookie on the right, the Rookie dusted up and a bit more realistic on the left.

To show them in some different lighting, I took them outside in the shade and snapped these.

These were taken in the evening sunlight.

joeghostbuster, Kingpin liked this
By spinc
Hi! I'm new on this tread, (did I spell that right?), and I wanted to know if this kit can still be made? And if so, at what price? No rush, through, I don't even have the rookie fig yet!
Thanks!!
By ROOKIEgarcia22
Hijack! No great threads should come to an end!
My Rookie is nearly complete, im currently working on the equipment on his belt. As well as wiring the jumper cables, making bungee cords for the slime tank, :grin: and fixing some damages my 2 year old brother made. :sad:
Other than that Rookie is looking great, he looks like he just got back from the cemetary. :grin:;-)
P.S. im also going to be working on a tree ;-) and a slime stream ;-)
CaptCyan liked this
By CaptCyan
ROOKIEgarcia22 wrote:Hijack! No great threads should come to an end!...
Hey Rook!

It won't come to an end as long as guys, like you, keep building the Kits. Pop up some progress pictures if you have any.
By CaptCyan
Sign up for free photo hosting on a site like Photo Bucket, Image Shack or any of the others out there. When you upload your pictures to them, they give each one it's own URL . Use that, URL to post your pictures.

Pm me if you need any extra help.
By ROOKIEgarcia22
Okay, thanks. :smile: i actually have the gbfans app, but for some reason it wasnt allowing me to upload my pictures. (All of my pictures gave been taken by my phone)
By PssdffJay
I first started to upload my photos to Flickr and then to any forum I'm on, but this is just so much easier. There is a free app and a pro app. I finally just got the pro app and it does let you edit photos through the app which is handy but try the free on first.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]