Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
This just in...from ebay. I broke down and bought a Hector Hammond figure to do a Possessed Ray and a Courtroom Lewis Figure.

A special thanks to Xstreams for finding this segment in his thread.
Xstreams wrote:
CaptCyan wrote:Don't be too upset, your Figures are still unique and more accurate.

The Matty sets are not only Packless but include Streams, Bases and Gloved Figures...basically everything the Fans have been bitching to them about since they released the Venkman Figure. Being Matty, they should have included Goggles for Ray and at least 1 PKE for Egon. Biggest mistake is not putting in Gloveless Hands to switch out on the Figures. Let's face it, how many times do you see the Busters wearing Gloves and no Packs in the Film?
Probably just the one time.
I had to scrutinize both films to find this..., and yes it was worth it.
I now know which type of Housing I should build for my Pay Phone.

Alex Newborn liked this
Xstreams wrote:So what exactly are you using the pay phone for?
Well, I did do this...

...and had an Excellent Adventure thanks to a request from my friend Joeghostbuster, I made it for his Nephew.

Yeah, she lit up, too.

Xstreams wrote:Better question; where did you get a 1:12 scale pay phone?
The Phone came off of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Playset I got at a Rummage Sale. Before I sent it off to Joe, I made a mold of the original and this is a cast of it. I'll be using it in my street diorama that I've been slowly putting together.

Maybe have some Pink Slime dripping off it.
There is one more picture of it on the Rookie Figure thread, page 10. At first, I only put it together to show off the Joeghostbuster Rookie Figure. After looking at the pics for awhile, I decided to clean up the buildings and make a permanent display.

The Maujer St. section is from a Spiderman Playset. I've taken off the hooks and removed the lettering from the Sign. The background buildings are Sesame Street Palysets. I started to add different details to make them more un-alike. I also purchased a Wayne Manor Playset that I plan to convert into a Church for the street.

The Phone, along with a few other pieces yet to be shown, will be "Window Dressing" for the Street.
alphabeta001 liked this
Back to the WrEcto!

Jake, Eeegs, X and Heroic...thanks for the replies and the +1's.

Here's how the interior looked last time...

...and this is what it looks like at this moment in time.

I cut the Back off the Seat and moved it forwards a few millimeters I them made a 2nd Back out of Styrene and putty and glued that in place.

The Ghostbusters are made from a set of HO Scale Firemen. I chopped their legs off so they fit inside the Ecto and sanded the Rims off their helmets. Right now they have their Uniforms and Hair repainted. I have to do their Collars and Cuff, then Glue Winston's arms back on so he can steer. :lol: Next pic should be of them sitting in the WrEcto.
joeghostbuster, Kingpin liked this
Does the Ecto have a backseat in the cartoon?

Awesome work. I've got a couple of those Fuji Ectos somewhere, and I think one of them was pretty beat-up when I found it at a flea market.

May have to try this someday, although I think first I'd rather try a Kenner Ecto like you did.

Alex
That's beautiful capt, I adore the little RGB's
Alex Newborn wrote:Does the Ecto have a backseat in the cartoon?

Awesome work. I've got a couple of those Fuji Ectos somewhere, and I think one of them was pretty beat-up when I found it at a flea market.

May have to try this someday, although I think first I'd rather try a Kenner Ecto like you did.

Alex
Behind the driver/front passenger seat are two jumper seats. Behind the jumper seats running along the side of the car(directly opposite to the Proton Pack Rack) is a further seat that can sit 2-3 people.
Kingpin wrote:
Alex Newborn wrote:Does the Ecto have a backseat in the cartoon?
Behind the driver/front passenger seat are two jumper seats. Behind the jumper seats running along the side of the car(directly opposite to the Proton Pack Rack) is a further seat that can sit 2-3 people.
Hey KP!

Isn't that seating configuration for the real life Ecto? I'm pretty sure that the Cartoon and The Real Ghostbusters Comics have shown it as 2 rows of Bench Seats. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :lol: I can't do screen grabs, but I'll scan up some Comic pages later.

Alex, Jake, Heroic and my Pal Al...Thanks again for the compliments.

Winston's arms finally grew back and they have their Collars and Cuffs painted in.

Good thing I snapped that pic before I put them in the 1A.

Looks like I need to do some pics out of doors as it's really dark inside the WrEcto.

Almost done. :wink:
Jake LeRoy, Gareee liked this
CaptCyan wrote:Isn't that seating configuration for the real life Ecto? I'm pretty sure that the Cartoon and The Real Ghostbusters Comics have shown it as 2 rows of Bench Seats.
Although I can easily imagine that the odd shot in the cartoon and comic had a second bench seat thrown into the back of Ecto-1, the layout was a little different:

- the two jump seats were repositioned with one on each side of the car and both facing forward. A second bench seat was added behind the driver-side jump seat. This bench seat ran parallel to the car, facing the Pack Rack.

Not that I'm asking you to change the work you've made on the car, the miniature Ghostbusters are excellent. :)
Thanks KP! Given the foreshortened interior the choices are a bit limited.

Jake, Perhaps you are correct. :lol:

Took some pics by the dawns early light.

You can read the Sign Boards...

..and see the 'Busters a little better with the low Sunlight streaming in.

Image.

White Wall Tires as per Xstream. Painted, not switched out. I also got rid of the Black on the Hub Caps with Silver Paint.

Short double row of Proton Packs in the back. At this scale they're mostly Blobs painted with the appropriate colors. Not much to look at but they add to the illusion.
joeghostbuster, Gareee liked this
Btw found a cool way to make asphalt for dioramas take play sand and mix in flat black paint put three parts sand an one part paint I'd use a thick paint. Mix it up and put it on cardboard flat it out with another peace o cardboard an let it dry and bam u have a road! Found a video on it on YouTube kinda interesting thought it would look good on your street diorama might do a street diorama my self gonna try this.
Kingpin wrote:Image
I'd forgotten what the interior of the model kit looked like... not sure about that PC sitting there in the real car!

But Donkey8012's Ecto was a former Navy ambulance and has that same interior seating layout. The pack rack goes where the gurney originally went.

Once I'd ridden in his car, the way Peter and Egon sit facing each other in that brief montage shot from GB2 made a lot more sense.

But that RGB style interior is pretty amorphous. I never understood how the Ecto-2 was supposed to fit inside.

Alex
By Gareee
Looking at that firehouse, it looks like the front doors need the be extended down into that grey "base" for a more accurate look with the Ecto. I'm tempted to get one now, since it looks hotwheels scaled.
Thanks, Slay!

Hey Gary!

That and it needs to be beveled a bit on top and painted a lighter Grey...otherwise, it's perfect. :lol:

"Let's frost this cake!"

Trying out a new process, the Slime is still wet in these photos. With any luck it will dry Semi-Clear...

...and Glow under a Black Light. Groovy.

I'm still waiting for one of you to get back to me about the 1/6th scale Slime Thrower.
Hey Joe!

Long time no hear, thanks!

Jake LeRoy wrote:That slime stream kicks ass capt! I gots to have one for my rookie can they be made green?
The base product is Semi-Clear so yes, it could be made almost any color you'd wish to. Just a bit of trial and error to get the right mix.
Possessed Sony Discman

So it turns out you can give power via ANY channel[…]

New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]