Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Has anyone attempted to mod a mattel 1/6 proton pack to the video game pack(slime blower mk2, meson collider)? the 1/12 scale rookie upgrades are really cool and was thinking I'd be neat to do a rookie at 1/6 now that there are more 1/6 parts out there with the big lots sales.
i understand it's been done in 6" as that is what i was referencing to regarding 1/12 scale. my question was for 12" or 1/6 scale, I didn't see in that link where the 12" proton pack upgrade has been attempted yet.
By ecto88mph
Like a lot of you I recently picked up some of the 12 inch figures at BL (gb1 Z, and GB ray/Egon). But what they really need is a ghost to bust. What ghost figures at out there that might fit this scale? Also has anyone attempted to make small smokes for them. Ha it seems they were smoking in almost every scene of that movie.
there are a lot of ww2 12" figures that came with either lucky strike or pall mall 1/6 packs of smokes. i'd look for these on ebay or other sites that sell broken up 1/6 scale sets. Ray seems like a lucky strike man, while Z is a pall mall man for sure. :)
By ecto88mph
Krenzy wrote:The only ghost that I think would be of a comparable scale would be Slimer from the limited sculpture from a few years back.
Are you talking about the slimer that was packaged with slimed venkman. Do people ever sell loose ghost.
By ecto88mph
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Is this it? http://m.ebay.com/itm/171173742529?cmd=VIDESC
By Alex Newborn
For your 12" GB1 dolls, there's the old Tsukuda Terror Dog kit from the 80's, it's little bit small but comes close to being the right size.

Not exactly cheap, mind you. But I thought they were worth mentioning due to their size.

Alex
By ecto88mph
Cool, way to out of my price range but thanks. I also picked up a second GB1 Winston that I'm keeping mint. Going to try and trade it for a GB1(or 2 ) Venkman so I have all 4. Or maybe hang on for a future trade of some kind.
By godgundam23
Forgive my terrible set up atm for this shelf (need to get clear display stands or something) but this is a shot of the scale for the slimer statue to the 12" gbs, finally got around to taking a pic of it.

As you can ee, it works fairly well, pretty good scaling.
Heroic35 liked this
I have 4 because I own 4 sets of the GB2 2 packs(as well as doubles of each of the GB 1 12"). One to open and one to preserve in box. Since the accessory Box for the GB 2 sets is not sealed with tape or anything, I just removed the streams for my display. They really made the stream colors random though..., 2 are a similar color, one is really light colored, and one is super dark colored. Mass Manufacturing at its finest D=
By ecto88mph
Heroic35 wrote:Someone needs to make Dean Yaeger and the Air Supply guy wheeling out the equipment. Or even the Zener test subjects. Complete with gum and sans $5!

Those seem like really odd choices for figures.

I dont know about you but i think they have all the people covered on figures, anything more to me feels more like a money grab.
By Heroic35
ecto88mph wrote:
Heroic35 wrote:Someone needs to make Dean Yaeger and the Air Supply guy wheeling out the equipment. Or even the Zener test subjects. Complete with gum and sans $5!

Those seem like really odd choices for figures.

I dont know about you but i think they have all the people covered on figures, anything more to me feels more like a money grab.
I am talking a custom project. I'm surprised we don't have a test subject scene from Venkma's office.
I want an action figure of that guy in the matching denim outfit that just stares into the camera during the news broadcast.
By CaptCyan
Hey Guys!
elsoldao7 wrote:Hey Capt, have you tried to make any slime streams like the one for the Rookie, but for the 12-inchers? With all the GBII 2-packs showing up it could be a big seller!
RaysEctogoggles wrote:slime streams for 1/6 would be epic. But they gotta be pink. :)
I've still got to make time to finish off that Proton Pack for the Ecto Elite and a few other projects I haven't had free time for. If one of you fine gentlemen wish to do some legwork and figure out how to get a 1/16 dia. metal rod to fit into the end of the Slime Blower and not have it wobble around, that would be most of the battle. Modeling, molding then casting the stream would be no big thing.
By CaptCyan
As I'm just catching up on my own thread again, lets go back a bit and talk Terror dogs. I just won this on auction from eBay and it showed up today. As you can see it says 1/6 scale right on the box.

Alex mentioned that it was a bit small...but I don't know. Here it is besides a 12" Venkman, I think it looks pretty goood size wise.

To compair, here is the Necca version, which we know is larger in scale compaired to the Matty 6" figure standing next to it.

Just for fun, lets add in something nobody has mentioned yet. It's the Fewture Models version of the Terror Dog. A more dynamic sculpt than the Tsukuda Terror Dog, but scaled somewhere between it and the Necca.

Here are all 3 together with the Matty Burnt Dog Head thrown in for good measure. If that is any indication, a Matty Terror Dog would be way smaller than the Necca.

Alex Newborn liked this
By CaptCyan
RaysEctogoggles wrote:Capt, Ive got an extra 1/6 slime blower. I think the blower is hollow inside. I'll play with it and see what I can do. Ill update here when I get to it and report if it's workable or not.
Sounds like a plan. Thanks!
By CaptCyan
TexasBuster wrote:
I want an action figure of that guy in the matching denim outfit that just stares into the camera during the news broadcast.
There is another thread floating around GBFans, somewhere, that is a wish list of figures people would have wanted Matty to make.

I'm still waiting for my talking Hotel Maid with Exploding Cleaning Cart. Once the cart explodes, she says "What the hell are you doin'?".
By ecto88mph
CaptCyan wrote:
TexasBuster wrote: I want an action figure of that guy in the matching denim outfit that just stares into the camera during the news broadcast.
There is another thread floating around GBFans, somewhere, that is a wish list of figures people would have wanted Matty to make.

I'm still waiting for my talking Hotel Maid with Exploding Cleaning Cart. Once the cart explodes, she says "What the hell are you doin'?".

I read somewhere that the maid had no idea the cart was going to explode/fire when filming and that line was her real reaction.

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]