Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Filandrius wrote:Everything you do is good. I want you to know this.
Do I have a bad breathe or something?

Thanks dude!
Carpeteria wrote:Nice! Did I miss it, or have you made the decal files available somewhere? I'm sure it's not tricky to do yourself, but yours look great.
No, you are just in time..watch my posts next few days and watch For Sale thread....lots of exciting things about to happen for all Ghostheads who want accurate toys, collectibles, & models. From Mattel, Hot Wheels, AMT, Polar Lights, & Kenner......
Slaysghosts now i have my own decals i have the ECTO-1 1:18 model.now i need to know would it be ok just to put the decal over the logo without scratching the original logo off i'm just very uncomfortable with scratching the car or the logo for that matter the bottom line is i don't wanna "F THIS UP" :blush:.let me know your thoughts.thank you ;)
John Stevens 87 wrote:Slaysghosts now i have my own decals i have the ECTO-1 1:18 model.now i need to know would it be ok just to put the decal over the logo without scratching the original logo off i'm just very uncomfortable with scratching the car or the logo for that matter the bottom line is i don't wanna "F THIS UP" :blush:.let me know your thoughts.thank you ;)
Honestly-suck it up and scratch it off w/ your finger nail. The angle and placement of their logos are totally off! I've got some very detailed instructions on what & how to do all of this. http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 42&t=29363

Trust me, I was really REALLY hesitant at first too. But this Ecto is worth it. It shouldn't come de-faced from the Hot Wheels factory like that! And to answer your question: if you have water slide decals that are white or clear background then YES you will still see the old logo behind your new ones no matter what.

Hope this all helps (even though you got your decals from someone else!!!!!!!!! j/k)
BluesSinger212 wrote: Nice Stray Cats reference! Ecto looks great man! :crunch:

Haha, well I was aiming for Dan Aykroyd when he saw the restored Ecto for the first time on the Ecto-1 featurette on the blu ray......but I'm gonna play it kool and say I knew the Stray Cat reference too......I like that better 8)

Thanks for the Crunch and compliments!
slaysghosts wrote:
John Stevens 87 wrote:Slaysghosts now i have my own decals i have the ECTO-1 1:18 model.now i need to know would it be ok just to put the decal over the logo without scratching the original logo off i'm just very uncomfortable with scratching the car or the logo for that matter the bottom line is i don't wanna "F THIS UP" :blush:.let me know your thoughts.thank you ;)
Honestly-suck it up and scratch it off w/ your finger nail. The angle and placement of their logos are totally off! I've got some very detailed instructions on what & how to do all of this. http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 42&t=29363

Trust me, I was really REALLY hesitant at first too. But this Ecto is worth it. It shouldn't come de-faced from the Hot Wheels factory like that! And to answer your question: if you have water slide decals that are white or clear background then YES you will still see the old logo behind your new ones no matter what.

Hope this all helps (even though you got your decals from someone else!!!!!!!!! j/k)
I made my own water-slide decals ;) a big thanks to you for your instructions i'm sure they will help i will post pics when i'm done...fingers crossed :) thanks again :cool:
Here's a couple of quick shots I did of my Ecto-1A w/ the roof rack decals, painted satellite, painted radome, painted flood lights, and bare metal foil on the junction box over the red tube. Enjoy:

As far as the body of the car I haven't added or replaced any of the caution stripes, call us, or door logos yet. I only added the the hood logo.

thanks for stopping by!
John Stevens 87 liked this
Desperately, but I can't seem to get the clear covers off of the light bar. If I could, I would just cover the lights and the reflectors with chrome bare metal foil and repaint the lights the right colors.
elsoldao7 wrote:VERY nice!
I recently found these links, they might help solve the missing tail lights problem on the 1A
http://www.thepartsbox.com/store/index. ... 25&group=4

http://www.thepartsbox.com/store/index. ... 25&group=4
That would be cool if they worked but it says 1/24-1/25 Custom Model Car Parts in the site banner so I fear they may not fit.
Hey Slay did you paint the flood lights in place or were you able to pop them out to paint them?
Crap, don't know if my hands would be steady enough to do it in place.
Was going to see if I could get my wife to do it for me she has steadier hands than I do. Thanks for the offer though!
Just thought I'd point this out for you, slaysghosts, for your custom, as well as your decal sheets. The Ecto 1 Elite is also missing the singer label on the yellow "air" tanks.

6th image on this page shows it in detail.
http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/reference/18/20/

Here's a link to the one I drew up for the Slime Blowers, if you would like to use it for the decal sheet.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/c ... rlabel.png

Oddly, though they obviously used the label in GB2, they don't appear to have put them on the Ecto 1A tanks.

Great work on both Ectos, by the way. Quite awesome to see them spruced up. :)
sounds good Matt!

Yeah, I know about the Singer labels, I think one is centered and the other is off center. Problem w/ putting them on the sheet is how small they are and I would like them to be like the Singer labels I offer on the Slime Blowers where they are a metal stickers and they are soooo small to make as a metal sticker......It hasn't escaped me....just haven't found a way to execute it....
Now that's what i wanna see (accuracy) if hot wheels had done this in the first place i would have game them my money.You've done an amazing job Slay.If i do get one in the future...you can bet i'll be buying a decal-set from you :)
By ObiHahn
Here's my Ectomobile display, the 1:21 joyride had to go into storage the day the Hot Wheels Ectos arrived.
Both are slightly "accuratized" with additional paint details and some decals.

Here they are with my entire (small) GB toy collection - still hoping to find a 12" Winston...
Ecto-Fire liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]