Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Hey Tex!

Okay, now I'm jealous. :wink: Actually, I'm inspired by your attention to details with all the scratch building you have done on your Ecto 1. Now I'll have to revisit my Ecto Wrecto and give it a few tweaks.

A four Crunch salute to you, sir!
:crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch:
Last edited by AJ Quick on March 24th, 2013, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: No need to quote a whole post with pictures.
Your Firehouse turned out great!

It's interesting to see how different people can take the same basic items and turn out such varied results. I like the dioramas that each floor has, especially the main floor with the Containment Unit, the Brick Veneer is a very nice detail.

I give 4 Crunch Bars just for hand painting the No Ghost Sign!
:crunch::crunch::crunch::crunch:
Last edited by AJ Quick on March 24th, 2013, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: No need to quote a whole post with pictures.
Zack liked this
Holy Crap!!! The car and the fire house look amazing, that's some great work you did there.
Here's one I started a couple of months ago but put on hold when I started working on the car and firehouse. It's Samhain!

The recipe is simple, nothing special. I repainted that Harry Potter monster that everyone uses, but I added a high colar and sculpted around the neck region to blend it. The head is taken from that Samhain dolly that Mattel made, repainted and made to fit the body.

As for the paint scheme, I know he isn't purple. I always interpreted his cloak to be brown in the cartoon, and felt it looked purple due to lighting or animation effects. It eventually became purple, but I always preferred the brown.

With this one, I tried to give him a realistic look, as if he appeared in the films. The pumpkin was painted more realistically. The browns on the robe were intended to look like dead leaves, as if he were covered in dead organic material. I painted his hands and neck to appear to be made of twisting wood/root, which a pumpkin grows from.

The pictures look a bit blurry. I don't have my normal photography equip set up at the moment, so I just phone snapped him on top of the fridge...

CaptCyan, alphabeta001 liked this
Nice Job Texasbuster, I myself have wanted to make a Sam Hain figure using the potter monster and Mattel MeeGo head, I can now see how great they look together, nice job pal
Hey Tex!

Once again, excellent build and paint up. I like the way you fashioned the Collar to hide the head joint.

Best picture is this one, Samhain fits right in with the rest of the Ghosties. Could you add in a Trap with Slimer leaning on the Peddel next time? :-D

Before I forget... :crunch::crunch::crunch:
epic work on that sam hain!
I just can't leave this thing alone!

It now has new wheels. I redid the arm on the radome tower(it was too thick), and gave it more accurate antennas on the hood. Also redid most of the decals since I now have a better idea of how they look since making my actual Ectomobile Jeep. I actually used the same files that I used for the vinyl on my jeep, but down-scaled of course. I managed to squeeze in the strobe warning labels on the front grill, but haven't found room to put actual strobes there yet.

90% of the decals were replaced, as the decals I applied previously had dried up and started to peel off. My fault, as I never got around to brushing them over with sealer.

I also repainted the green storage tube with 'gilded pesto', the same paint I used on my jeep's roof rack.

I pulled them off some diecast car from a thrift store. It was a black 30's looking car with a convertible roof.

The store was owned by a car collector and he had a box of broken diecast cars. He still wanted $10 for the thing, but it was worth it for the wheels. They're the only wheels I've seen that were big enough for the Kenner car. He apparently has a busted up Joyride Ecto packed in there someplace that I wanted to buy for scrap, but he couldn't find it.
I absolutely 100% LOVE this interpretation of Samhain! I also don't really interpret the character as wearing a purple robe, and I would love to see him in something more like this for a live action interpretation.The ecto is absolutely breathtaking! It is crazy to think of what you have done, and seeing it side by side with the "out of the package" Ecto shows just how talented you are! The firehouse is nothing short of amazing as well. I wish I had 1/4 of your talent when dealing with these pieces! Every one is museum quality! Great work all around!
Your Kenner Firehouse and Ecto-1 conversions are fantastic. Best repaints/remodeling I've seen!

Is there any way to make the rear window a "real" transparent one too on the Ectomobile, and maybe give the headlights a slightly more realistic paintjob - or some decals? Other than that, I see no possible way of making this any cooler than it already is.
It looks real good next to the Mattel figures.
ObiHahn wrote:Your Kenner Firehouse and Ecto-1 conversions are fantastic. Best repaints/remodeling I've seen!

Is there any way to make the rear window a "real" transparent one too on the Ectomobile, and maybe give the headlights a slightly more realistic paintjob - or some decals? Other than that, I see no possible way of making this any cooler than it already is.
It looks real good next to the Mattel figures.
Well, there are ways. You can drill out the headlights and try to find some kit lights that might fit it. The tailgate would have to be cut out. The only reason I haven't is because it's the only gate I have and if it screw it up, I have to hunt down another one on ebay.

If i were to ever wire it a light kit, I'd definitely hollow out the front lights. I'm also considering building some gadgets into the backend. It looks empty through the windows. I just need to find a little doll prop computer and some other things.
Hey Darko,
I really love what you did with the Ecto-1 and firehhouse. So much so I'd love to do the same with mine. May I ask, specifically what products you used to prep the Ecto-1, and what paint you used for the detail? Also for the firehouse. Thank you!
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]