Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By darthsmozers
Hi all,
This is my first post here. Can someone clarify for me the differences in the most recent 1:18 scale Ecto-1's? From what I can tell, there was a Hotwheels one in a black box, another in a red box, an Ecto-1A, and maybe another one a few years prior to these not by Hotwheels. If anyone has photos of each (in person, not promo shots) could you post?
Thanks all. Great site!
By ObiHahn
There's the 2 "Hot Wheels ELITE" 1:18 versions of Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A (these come in black boxes):

These are quite pricey, but hyper detailed inside and out: with loads of paint apps and decals and metal antennae plus opening doors and hoods, plus moveable parts and removable gurneys for the proton packs. These basically have all the bells and whistles any Ectomobile nut can ask for in a mass produced die cast model car.

Then there is also the cheaper "Hot Wheels Heritage Ecto-1" in 1:18th scale with less paint apps and decals (comes in a red box), few to no moving/removable parts and less detailing all around, which I do not own and do not plan to buy, here's an out-of-box pic from another thread:

The "Heritage" uses the same molds of the "Elite" and thus should have the exact same die cast body.

The one not made by Mattel is the 1:21 Joyride version from a couple years ago, first marketed as 1:18th scale but Joyride decided to make it in a smaller scale after all, it's not bad for its time but a little off in some details.
The roof rack was a hybrid between Ecto-1 an Ecto-1A, I customized mine a little bit (like I did the Mattel "Elite" versions), here is a pic:

Ecto-1 fan, Morydees liked this
By bwatt99
What's the difference between the 1 18 ghostbusters from hot wheels?

Im looking at.

Ghostbusters "ECTO-1 Heritage Version" 1:18 Scale

But when i enter item number comes up elite whats the difference in them all are three 3 versions?
I want to be sure i get right one
    Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?