Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By GhstbstrLMLIII
Thanks for the info Zach. I sent in a request for the Series 1 clips about a month and a half ago through the "contact us" of the website and never heard back either, so I've now sent a follow up.
By darthsmozers
Full-Roaming-Vapor wrote:
darthsmozers wrote:My Peter's right leg is very loose from the knee down. What a pain. I emailed Diamond Select to inquire about a replacement, as I don't think my local comic shop has any more. Has anyone ever asked Diamond for a replacement based on loose joints, and if so, how did it work out?
I'm having the same issue with mine. It's so strange because the other three ghostbusters' joints are totally fine. I was going to try to find another one to replace it, but not if this is an issue with every Venkman figure.
DS is looking into it for me. I misspoke about the location - its the hip joint, not the knee. Poor Pete falls over every time. But again, DS is looking into it for me.
By Sinje
darthsmozers wrote:
neilfro wrote:Is it possible with Series 3 End Shift Ray that we could get a extra ghost trap accessory with him.....pretty please
I wish they all came with traps.
Especially since the Gbs all have pegs for them. An accessory pack or more traps coming with the ghosts would be awesome.
By 910dohead
zeta otaku wrote:What stands are you using there??
They are made by a company called Protech. I buy them from a nearby collectibles place. They only list the size as "modern figures". I had to almost force Dana's foot onto the peg whereas the other 'busters fit loosely on them. Not the most ideal figure stand to use for these if you want my opinion. They work great for the Matty line but there is something better out there. Eventually I want to purchase a 3d printer and make my own figure stands.
By darthsmozers
Why make a Slimed peter? The existing Peter falls over anyway. DB says all of their replacement Peters have the same issue of the loose hip joint. My Peter can't stand. $25 for this? ::end rant::
By Matt Campbell
Can't be an issue with every Peter figure. My Venkman doesn't appear to have any issues with any loose joints, in fact he's my only Diamond Select Buster who I haven't had issues getting to stand and has yet to randomly topple over since putting him on display. I've managed to get Winston and Ray to stand on their own, Zeddemore has finally managed to stay upright but Stantz still ends up falling over, and I still haven't gotten my Egon to stand on his own at all yet.
By ShiftyHenry
Matt Campbell wrote:Can't be an issue with every Peter figure.
It's not. I have one good, one bad. I can't say I have any loose joints. The only issues I've come across are with the yellow wire on the legs. Should've been more like what Mattel did.

Oh, and I don't think Dana is meant to stand...because she doesn't.
By MagicMan666
I had no problems with joint. Dana seems impossible to stand up. One of my proton streams were broke, but I had a quick reply from Diamond about that and they are sorting it :-)

I wasn't prepared for how big the diorama is going to be. This will be massive.

Do we have a rough eta for series 3,4 and 5?

I assume the Terror dog has interchangable horns so we can buy two. Can't remember if that was mentioned earlier on.
By ObiHahn
I couldn't pass on these 7" figures after Mattel's 6" offerings left a slightly bad taste in my mouth so to speak. Also, I prefer the more realistic approach of these figures and that they display well with NECA 7" stuff (my main collection focus)

I modified my figures slightly, i.e. cut off the black hose belt boxes in the back that the non-TRU figs seem to have (why make that change?!), repainted the spot it left to match the belts and also took the brush to some pack and gear details (green trap knobs? ... red ion arm rods?...no thanks!) and gave Egon new glasses. The one he wears as is are REALLY bad, come on DST. Even Louis' glasses are slightly better.

Here's some pics:

Egons new specs, hard to capture with my crappy cam and skills:

Other than some quality control issues on mine like Egon's left hand breaking by trying to switch for a gloved one - peg broke off in the socket (surgery was necessary) - Egon missing the wand "V hook" clip, Winston with his left shin being assembled backwards (boil and pop solved that) and Winston's pack missing one tube detail plus two snapped off proton stream pegs (boy are they flimsy...) and most of the figs having a hard time just standing up, I generally like the way these turned out. Granted, the substantial list of defective parts and slightly wonky quality control in general pull down the score a notch of course.

What I love though, like most of y'all do, is the rooftop diorama concept. Despite my having no space for it whatsoever, I really love the idea and execution!
By ShiftyHenry
joeghostbuster wrote:if I had to guess I'd say they came off one of the MattyCollector Egon figures, maybe the GB2 variant
They look like NECA Harry Potter glasses to me. Looks great whatever they are.
By Heroic35
Diorama thru wave 2:

I'm a little sad as a display person that this looks so awkward and I need to wait months until wave 3. I hope it evens out the front in that wave. :(
By Sinje
Picked up Peter and Egon from Gamestop which was a surprise since I didn't know they'd show up there and missed out on both at my comic shops.

Added more hair tuft to Peter and touched up the paint on the heads. And again made their packs removable.

By Doctor Venkman
Excellent mods! I wish I was talented enough to do this kind of stuff. I made one pack removable, but broke the peg and had to just glue it back on so that the pack would stay on again. I love the idea of removable packs, and really love the custom job you did for Venkman. That looks incredible.
By Sinje
Thanks man! If you can find some kinda mini clip/buckle system, can prolly chop that strap that goes across the front in half and glue the clip onto the halves. I think that was my initial thought before trying out just ungluing the pegs. The first one I tried was Winston and snapped the first peg.
By darthsmozers
Hmm, even DS didn't know when the wave 2 was going to hit TRU. Then weird, they suddenly appeared. Not criticism - I'm interested in retail goings-on and shipping - I wonder how there was such a short gap between no one knowing and then they appeared.
Heroic35 liked this
By joeghostbuster
Egon looks the worst out of all of them I think. funny how Matty nailed his likeness, but DST were way off. and then DST nailed Rays likeness, but their Egon looks awful. I bought Ray, Winston and Louis from the GB Fans shop months ago, but have hesitated on the others because I didnt care much for the likenesses. I will probably sell them, Im just not as excited for this line as I was when they showed the first pics of Ray last year.
By Liquidphoenix
I went to TRU today after seeing news series 2 had been spotted and sure enough mine had them. So now I have a deluxe set and a set of 4 Tru busters. I have noticed the hose that connects to the wand on all most all my deluxe shows the white core under the black plastic. I corrected that by using brush on black plastic dip. It's great, looks the part and can't really tell it was a mod. I did have issue with 1 of the streams it came broken. Overall, awesome busters now to email DST for help. I really wish these had good stands.
By zeta otaku
I know the TRU busters don't have the Temple bits, but do they come with the other accessories like the streams, extra hands, and other gear? (traps, PKE and goggles)

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]