Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
I would imagine the non-diorama action figures will likely end up for sale online, or at comic book stores. I would like to get the non-diorama versions of Peter and Egon, for some customs since DST has no plans for action figures of Peter & Egon in their standard GB2 uniforms.
By ccv66
elsoldao7 wrote:So I went to TRU today & found the GB2 Louis that I needed. On my way out of the isle I started looking at the leftover Pecks & thinking, "I think I might be able to make a courtroom Egon..."
Thoughts?
Got me thinking, the Matty lab coats and courtrooms figures are all the same minus paint and the rubber coats. If you don't mind painting, the Peck body would work.. the 7" gotham jim Gordon looks like it could pass for Ray and venkam. Plus you'll be getting a extra head with Slimeblower ray. I'll wait till after comic Con. Id hate to cut up a bunch of figures just for DST to announce courtroom exclusives like the marshmallow figures
By themikereda
Has anyone modded these figures to look like themselves? If the "Geared-up Louis" figure had a beard, he'd look a lot like me. Well, he'd look like me wearing earmuffs. I was thinking of picking another one up and experimenting by painting a new name on his chest and adding a beard. Does anyone have any experience with this that could offer some tips?
By Matt Campbell
Jake LeRoy wrote: February 26th, 2018, 12:53 pm also love the gb2 sign ive already took it apart and lit it with easy led tape from paragrafix the sign looks amazing lit
I picked up a Vigo over the weekend and would like to do this as well, what is the name of this LED tape you used? I want to look it up and see if its possible to get some locally (I live in Canada)
By PeteVenkman_Jedi
Matt Campbell wrote: March 26th, 2018, 8:48 pm
Jake LeRoy wrote: February 26th, 2018, 12:53 pm also love the gb2 sign ive already took it apart and lit it with easy led tape from paragrafix the sign looks amazing lit
I picked up a Vigo over the weekend and would like to do this as well, what is the name of this LED tape you used? I want to look it up and see if its possible to get some locally (I live in Canada)
LED tape is very easy to find in Canada. Go to any reputable electronics place. For my own use I prefer the high density / double density type (just look for the kind with 3 LED's per inch) as it gives the best light coverage in my opinion. But like all things google and youtube are your friends when it comes to learning about these things.
By Alex Newborn
themikereda wrote: March 26th, 2018, 8:07 am Has anyone modded these figures to look like themselves? If the "Geared-up Louis" figure had a beard, he'd look a lot like me. Well, he'd look like me wearing earmuffs. I was thinking of picking another one up and experimenting by painting a new name on his chest and adding a beard. Does anyone have any experience with this that could offer some tips?
Wade Haddock put a different action figure head-- from a wrestling line I think?-- onto a DST Ray Stantz figure, and it looks AMAZINGLY like Wade.

Hopefully he'll see this and post it.

Alex
themikereda liked this
By Matt Campbell
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote: March 27th, 2018, 6:59 pm LED tape is very easy to find in Canada. Go to any reputable electronics place. For my own use I prefer the high density / double density type (just look for the kind with 3 LED's per inch) as it gives the best light coverage in my opinion. But like all things google and youtube are your friends when it comes to learning about these things.
Thanks! My wife also says that she seen some kind of LED tape at Home Depot.
By Wade Haddock
Alex Newborn wrote:
themikereda wrote: March 26th, 2018, 8:07 am Has anyone modded these figures to look like themselves? If the "Geared-up Louis" figure had a beard, he'd look a lot like me. Well, he'd look like me wearing earmuffs. I was thinking of picking another one up and experimenting by painting a new name on his chest and adding a beard. Does anyone have any experience with this that could offer some tips?
Wade Haddock put a different action figure head-- from a wrestling line I think?-- onto a DST Ray Stantz figure, and it looks AMAZINGLY like Wade.

Hopefully he'll see this and post it.

Alex

Here's the "Me" figure I made. The head came from a figure of the Wrestler The Miz.
By themikereda
Ha! Wow that's pretty great. I'm thinking of taking Peck's head and putting it on a Ray figure. I have a similar hair style and beard/mustache, I can just paint that to match my hair color.

Did you replace the whole head/neck or did you just pop the head off and glue it down to the existing neck?
By Wade Haddock
themikereda wrote:Ha! Wow that's pretty great. I'm thinking of taking Peck's head and putting it on a Ray figure. I have a similar hair style and beard/mustache, I can just paint that to match my hair color.

Did you replace the whole head/neck or did you just pop the head off and glue it down to the existing neck?
No gluing needed. Ran hot water over the heads to soften them, pop them off, put the Wrestler head on the Ghostbusters ball joint and voilà.
themikereda liked this
By Sallah
Hey guys!

We are going to have Zach Oat from Diamond Select on our podcast (http://www.actionfeatures.net/) again in 2 weeks to discuss the Real Ghostbusters line... I have a set of questions ready to go, but if there is anything you guys would like me to ask about the RGB line in particular, post them here and I will do my best to squeeze them in.

Thanks!

James
By Leolao
Sallah wrote: April 12th, 2018, 7:26 am Hey guys!

We are going to have Zach Oat from Diamond Select on our podcast (http://www.actionfeatures.net/) again in 2 weeks to discuss the Real Ghostbusters line... I have a set of questions ready to go, but if there is anything you guys would like me to ask about the RGB line in particular, post them here and I will do my best to squeeze them in.

Thanks!

James

Can you ask him if they gonna make an Ecto 1 for the Real Ghostbusters figures and if there is plans for the Extreme Ghostbusters?
By elsoldao7
Not Select figure related, but can you ask them to pleeeeease make an Ecto for the Minimates?
There are about 5 different Deloreans and 0 Ectos...
Ecto-Fire liked this
By Dragonfire82877
Can you ask what their plans are for the figures that don’t come with the display pieces? The special clear variant of the Terror Dog as well. Since Toys R Us is closing up shop, are there any other stores that could possibly take over the line?
By Sallah
Dragonfire82877 wrote: April 13th, 2018, 8:45 am Can you ask what their plans are for the figures that don’t come with the display pieces? The special clear variant of the Terror Dog as well. Since Toys R Us is closing up shop, are there any other stores that could possibly take over the line?
Yep! Already planned on asking this one as I am super curious myself. :)

-James
By Wiggyof9
The real question is where the heck is marshmallow mesh Egon?

As for RGB, are there any exclusives in the works for the last two series, such as Citizen Ghost Variants
By AlTheRelic
Extreme Ghostbusters. I need them in my life.
mbd liked this
By Sallah
Podcast episode with the Zach Oat interview is now up guys! Hope you enjoy... You can check it out here:

http://www.actionfeatures.net/2018/04/a ... where.html

...it will also show up under Action Features on iTunes, but it sometimes takes a little longer for it to show up. :)

Huge thanks to Zach for taking the time to do it!

-James
By ValeChronotis
Very happy with my Amazon purchase today! EGON SPENGLER (GHOSTBUSTERS 2) Diamond Select Variant finally came in the post! Standing proudly next to the original. Just one more Egon to collect! Roll on this summer! :sigh:

(By the way... my apologies if this has already been mentioned before but shouldn't the ghost trap that comes with the GB 2 like have two grey plates rather than the original red plates?!)

By Kingpin
ValeChronotis wrote: May 4th, 2018, 2:14 pmBy the way... my apologies if this has already been mentioned before but shouldn't the ghost trap that comes with the GB 2 like have two grey plates rather than the original red plates?!)
It should. I suspect Diamond decided it was such a small change that it wasn't worth implementing.
By ccv66
I'm happy that they all now come with traps instead of just Winston. Nothing a black and silver sharpie can't fix. Not that I don't have my complaints, but Expectations should meet the price point. If they were $50 each I'd would expect not only the colors to be right but the gb2 trap to be a different mold
By ValeChronotis
PeteVenkman_Jedi wrote: May 4th, 2018, 6:56 pm
ValeChronotis wrote: May 4th, 2018, 2:14 pmshouldn't the ghost trap that comes with the GB 2 like have two grey plates rather than the original red plates?!
So? Who cares? Get out some paint if it's an issue.
It wasn't an issue dude, just wanted to point out something I thought was intriguing. :sigh:

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

EDIT: Accidentally left out a chunk in chapter one[…]